BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Random Skin Thoughts Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 101>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 3.46  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:59am
that almost sounds good enough to eatLOL^^^
Sponsored Links

atexaschick View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote atexaschick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 1:02am
Amlactin lotion has been the best lotion for my skin.

Skin-needling has helped with my stretch marks so much...I just hate the healing process (the itchingStern Smile)

Edited by atexaschick - Mar 02 2014 at 1:03am
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 1:07am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

that almost sounds good enough to eatLOL^^^
right? LOL
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 1:19am
I think I've tried amlactin before... hmm Idk..

and what is skin needling? derma roller?

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 1:32am
Mango Citrus Body Butter

This recipe is listed as mango and LIME body butter, but I added a citrus 
essential oil blend which had an even balance of lemon, lime, sweet orange, 
and tangerine.

Ingredients:

10g beeswax or jojoba wax
25g cocoa butter
30g shea butter
25 g mango butter
1 tsp almond oil
1 tsp vitamin E
20 drops citrus essential oil (recipe suggested 10 lime, 5 sweet orange, 5 lemon)
Equipment

Double boiler
Metal spoon
Airtight 100ml jar
Digital kitchen scale (this wasn’t listed in the recipe but it is essential for weighing
your ingredients)

Instructions:

1.  Melt the beeswax, cocoa butter & mango butter in the double boiler.  Leave mixture over a gentle heat for 20 minutes to prevent the butter from going grainy when it cools.

2. Add the almond oil and vitamin E and heat for a few more minutes until completely liquid.

3. Remove from heat and add essential oils, stirring thoroughly

4. Pour into jars and leave to set.

Review 5/5

Five stars!  This recipe is great.  It’s easy, smells delightful, and makes your skin feel amazing.  Some people may be adverse to the oilyness that takes a bit of good massaging to rub in, but I don’t mind in the least.  My skin feels delightfully soft if I apply right out of the shower and it is even healing my dry heels after a week of use when no other moisturizer has.

Mango Citrus Body Butter All Natural Recipe

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 1:55am
Skin Care Series - Eye Cream

Today I want to share my favorite eye cream with you.  It is super simple to make using only two ingredients - coconut oil and Vitamin E.  In yesterday's post we learned that coconut oil is a protective antioxidant and supports tissue repair and healing.  

First you need to find a container to make your cream in.  The one in the picture is a miniature jelly jar.  My guess is that it is between a half and one ounce.  In the past, I've just used clean eye contact containers.  

Fill your container with coconut oil.  It is solid at room temperature and doesn't begin to melt until it reaches 76 degrees Fahrenheit.  So, at this point I put it in the microwave for just a couple of seconds until it begins to melt.  Next, you poke a hole in your Vitamin E capsules and add to the melted coconut oil.  For the jar above I used 3 capsules.  I use 1 capsule per side when using contact containers.  Then, I use a tooth pick or wooden skewer and blend them together.  At this point I put the cream in the refrigerator to become solid again.  After that happens there is no need to keep it refrigerated.  The oils will not become rancid.  

from: http://ramblingsofahappyhomemaker.blogspot.com/2011/11/skin-care-series-eye-cream.html
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 2:04am

GINGER SUGAR SCRUB FOR FACE 
AND BODY

FEBRUARY 9, 2012 BY SHAINA OLMANSON

1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon ginger, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup cold-pressed oil (tea seed, grape seed, sunflower, or almond oil)
3/4 cup granulated or turbinado sugar
1/4 cup kosher salt
1-4 drops essential oil (I used lemongrass)

In a small saucepan over low heat heat the coconut oil and ginger pieces. Continue

heating for 5-10 minutes until ginger scent and juice has transferred into the oil. 

Remove from heat and press through a fine mesh sieve or through a coffee filter.

While the oil is still warm, mix together with cold-pressed oil. Stir to combine and 

allow to come to room temperature. Stir in sugar and salt. Scent with essential oils

as desired. Pack into a container.

To Use: 

Massage into damp skin and allow to sit 2-4 minutes. Using a washcloth

covered in warm water, steam over face or stand in a steamy shower for a minute. 

Using the wet washcloth, wipe excess from skin. Rinse and repeat until oil is washed

away.

Makes approximately 8 ounces sugar body scrub.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROSEMARY MINT SHAVE CREAM

NOVEMBER 13, 2012 BY SHAINA OLMANSON

1/3 cup shea butter
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup jojoba or sweet almond oil
10 drops rosemary essential oil
3-5 drops peppermint essential oil

In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the shea butter and coconut oil, 

stirring until just melted. Remove from the heat and transfer to a heat-safe bowl. 

Add in the jojoba oil and the essential oils. Stir to mix.

Place the bowl in the refrigerator and chill until solid. Remove from the refrigerator

and whip using a hand beater or a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Spoon into a jar. 

Lid and keep in a cool, dry place.

Makes 8 ounces.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 2:07am
Coconut Lip Gloss

DIY: Coconut Lip Gloss

Ingredients

• 1 Tbsp Certified Organic Coconut Oil
• A few drops of your favorite essential oil or a couple drops of your favorite flavoring,
such as almond, peppermint, lavender, strawberry, chocolate or vanilla extract. 
• 1/4 tsp vitamin E oil
• small lip balm container

Preparation

• Combine ingredients in a small dish. Spoon the mixture into a lip balm container. 
• Leave the mixture to cool completely and harden.

Edited by nekamarie83 - Mar 02 2014 at 2:08am
atexaschick View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atexaschick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 3:49am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

I think I've tried amlactin before... hmm Idk..

and what is skin needling? derma roller?

yes!
sweet_n_stuff04 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sweet_n_stuff04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 6:49am
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

anyone got hints/tips for exfoliation?  specifically the back? 

i'd like to even out my tone all around, but i gotta be careful. 

i have sensitive skin and eczema.  

I like the salux bath cloths. I got mine from amazon, but you could get them from the official website.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 101>
  Share Topic