Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Random Skin Thoughts Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 99>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 3.46  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

really? couldn't even let page one get off the ground huh?  

md, hon can we post like mixes and stuff? 

how you doin this hon? 
Heart
hey nekaboo im fine, how you doing?Big smile

and yes please post mixes cause im curious

especially about the lactic acid mixes 

Sponsored Links

Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 11:42pm
I use sesame oil by Nuetrogena , the coco butter vaseline on my feet, and i'm loving that vaseline spray on lotion.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

i found a bar of blk soap in the beauty supply and it works really well on my face. just gives me a reflector like shineAngry...makes me look sweaty on pics.Confused but i like it. clears my face up in about a week. need to buy more.

lolCry

i still have a bar of black soap left..i use it on my face too..

it drys my face though....but after i moisturizeClap 

is it real black soap? all black soap ive tried makes my skin tight and dry..

or maybe i got the unofficial stuffGeek
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 11:45pm
*sigh* coco all i'm saying is:

because other people did it to you, doesn't mean y'all had to bring that over here to md's neutral and unrelated thread just like you did with virgo thoughts when you were annoyed then. 

you made a specific place to post all your random thoughts. at this point you are finding ways/reasons to feel like a victim and annoy yourself. 

and md i apologize for this contribution. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Heart
hey nekaboo im fine, how you doing?Big smile

and yes please post mixes cause im curious

especially about the lactic acid mixes 
i'm aight, thank you. Smile

i was thinking natural stuffs. i saw an article.

don't know about lactic acid mixes, but i can look it up...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 11:48pm

vaseline spray on lotion?Shocked

what is this?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 11:50pm
i meant something like this below. 

if i have to remove, lemme know. Smile

8 Natural Recipes for Amazing Skin...from a Plastic Surgeon

Turn back the clock with these natural anti-aging masks and recipes from ‘The Doctors’ plastic surgeon and beauty guru Andrew Ordon, MD.

© iStockphoto/Thinkstock

It may seem ironic for a board-certified plastic surgeon to be doling out advice on how to defy your age naturally, but Andrew Ordon, MD, a cohost of the syndicated talk show The Doctors, encourages against an operating-table mentality. In his new book Better in 7: The Ultimate 7-Day Guide to a Better You, Ordon describes more natural, less-invasive approaches to skincare and beauty. 

We loved his DIY recipes for everything from eliminating dark circles under eyes to shiny hair to smooth, dewy skin. The best part: You can whip them up with ingredients you already have around your kitchen. Read on to get glowing and look, and feel years younger. 

Buy Better in 7

© Bird Street Books

Avocado-Honey Moisturizer

A moisturizer is an anti-aging must. By helping your skin retain moisture and acting as a temporary filler for wrinkles, it makes your complexion look smooth. Dr. Ordon says that his patients love this recipe because it makes their skin look and feel dewy, and youthful. 

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons of fresh cream
1/4 avocado
1 tablespoon honey

Directions:
Place all three ingredients in a blender and puree into a smooth cream. Apply it to your skin and leave on for at least an hour. Rinse off with warm water. 

© Bird Street Books

Wrinkle-Fighting Salad

This energy-boosting fruit salad is packed with antioxidants, which protect the skin from sun damage and boost circulation to help deliver essential nutrients to skin. Eat it for breakfast to start your day on a beautiful note. 

Ingredients: 
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup fresh strawberries
1 kiwi, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1/2 cup organic orange juice
1 handful of chopped walnuts

Directions:
Combine first four ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the orange juice over the mixture and sprinkle with the walnuts. 

© Bird Street Books

Acne Spot Treatment

When you have a blemish that needs to disappear—stat—try this nifty trick, which Ordon picked up in the green room at The Doctors from beauty expert Kym Douglas. The yeast fights bacteria, the lemon helps dry the blemish. 

Ingredients: 
Brewer’s Yeast
A squeeze of lemon juice
Water

Directions:
Make a paste using a little bit of brewer’s yeast, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a bit of water. Apply right on your blemish and leave for 10 minutes, cover with a bandage. 

© Bird Street Books

Basil Toner

This recipe is great for those prone to acne. The basil acts as an antiseptic, helps clear acne-causing bacteria, and improves circulation to the skin.

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons dried basil leaves
1 cup boiling water

Directions:
Crush up the dried basil leaves and mix them into a cup of boiling water. Once the mixture cools, strain out the leaves, put it in a spray bottle and spritz your skin. Use a cotton ball or pad to spread the toner gently around your face. Do this daily before cleansing. 

© Bird Street Books

Lemon-Agave Age Spot Fighter

Your hands are a dead giveaway of your age, but this scrub can help. Exfoliating your hands lifts off the top layer of dead skin cells, which contains some of the pigment leaving age spots behind.  The rice exfoliates, the agave hydrates, and the lemon helps lighten skin and lift off dead cells.

Ingredients: 
1/2 cup cooked rice
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Directions: 
Mix together the above ingredients and blend well. Apply the mixture to dry hands, move the scrub around your hands in circular motions on the backs of your hands with firm but gentle pressure for one to two minutes. You can also rub this rice on the palms of the hands to soften calluses. 

© Bird Street Books

Almond-Sugar Facial Scrub

Regularly exfoliating your face helps get rid of dead skin cells (which dull your complexion) so your skin looks smoother and brighter. 

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons of fresh cream
1 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of ground almonds
2 tablespoons olive oil

Directions: 
Mix all ingredients well. Apply to dry face in a circular motion Wash your face off with warm water, followed by cold water. Pat your face dry. Place in a jar and store in your refrigerator for future use. 

© Bird Street Books

Coconut Deep Conditioner

Keep your hair smooth, hydrated, and shiny with this natural conditioning treatment; apply it once a week.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon coconut extract

Directions:
Mix ingredients together, apply and cover your scalp with a plastic wrap (like Saran Wrap). Leave on for 20 to 30 minutes, then rinse hair thoroughly.

© Bird Street Books

Java Lip Exfoliator

Sloughing dry, dead skin from your lips makes them look instantly plumper and pinker. 

Ingredients: 
1/2 teaspoon of moisturizing lotion (such as Olay’s Active Hydrating Body Fluid)
1/4 teaspoon fresh coffee grounds
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt

Directions:
Mix well in a bowl. Apply to entire mouth area and massage around for five minutes. Wipe clean with a warm wet washcloth. 

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 11:50pm
neka, I'm the same in every thread.. 

i feel like others should be too. dont not do it to star, do it to me, then not to modeless… 

i didnt comment on some retaliation type stuff.. i like modeless.. i just called it as i saw it. no matter who made the thread i would have commented cus I'm used to it (ppl always do the most over my every keystroke) and that needs to stop. its so phony 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 11:52pm

HEY!! STOP IT!!
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 11:52pm
and i do not make myself the victim. 

i wasnt even the person that initially pointed out how y'all are extra towards me.. many people can see it. 

and I'm not hurt by it.. but dont expect it to make me cower in the corner and stop being me/saying what i want. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 99>
  Share Topic