BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Skin Thoughts Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 99>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 3.46  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by chrissypoo chrissypoo wrote:

I've become a bit of a skincare addict so I'm just gonna share a bunch of stuff I found out!

I've been suffering from awful breakouts from a birth control pill and after finally switching, I'm glad to say it's now clear. Usually if the acne is hormonal, topical treatments can only do so much. I learned that the hard way. My problem is that every single little pimple leaves a lasting mark :( So my main goal now is trying to fade them.

The doctor prescribed me some Retin-A 0.025 gel 2 weeks ago, I had a bit of a purge but that's clearing up nicely. I started out using it every other night and now I'm using it every night, hopefully that helps fade the hyperpigmentation faster. I've also been using glycolic acid gel. I recently started using a dermaroller as well to hopefully help with the slight scarring and help with product penetration.

I started getting into Asian skincare products and I am loving them. I never used to wear sunscreen because they always broke me out but the Asian ones are much better formulated and lightweight! I use Biore Perfect Milk to help protect my skin from aging as well as further hyperpigmentation of the acne marks.

Finally, I used to suffer from awful ingrown hairs on my bikini line that would also leave hyperpigmentation marks and recently discovered using traditional double edge razors greatly reduce them! They way sharper and don't tug then cut the hair like cartridge razors do (which causes ingrowns). The razor blade replacements are also dirt cheap unlike cartridges so they can be switched out more frequently. I also exfoliate in the shower then use one of those natural alum crystal deodorants on the area while the skin is still damp which helps prevent irritation. Hope this helps someone!

where didnu purchase the biore perfect milk?? I have heard good things about it..
Sponsored Links

chrissypoo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissypoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 6:13pm
@miana I purchased it off ebay from a high rated seller in Japan for about 12$. It's also available in brick and mortar Asian markets but I'm sure the price is marked up.
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2014 at 11:47pm
I did a clay facial yesterday for the first time in a while...I completely forgot how great my skin responds to those.

I think I almost have my skin regi down...

Drink tons of water
Get an adequate amount of rest
OCM nightly/before bed
Aztec healing clay facial 1x/week
ACV as a toner
EVOO as a moisturizer
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 12:21am
I used to do those clay masks.. then my skin got used to it... and it's messy as hale..

I still got a full container under my sink...

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 12:22am
are you gonna get a dermaroller goodgirl?
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 3:19am
My skin is hella peeling and cracking!

WHEW, I can't wait till everything peels off so I can look normal and not look like The Thing whenever I smile!
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 4:57am
Y'all, this round of the TCA is SERIOUS!

If you do the TCA peel, please let it be done when you're going to be home at least 3-4 days.

I made the mistake of doing this on a day off where I'm working four days straight after and all the talking and smiling I'm doing is making some of my skin fall off prematurely before it has gotten a chance to repigment!

It doesn't look pretty, let me tell you!

My cupid's bow area is pink because all the talking I do made the peeled skin crack and fall off.
On my cheeks, parts most affected by my smile have cracked and peeled off exposing pink skin. Ack!

Looking back at pictures of my first tca peel, my skin behaves a lot differently to the peel. In my first peel, I did two layers and got frosting, but my skin didn't get that roasted look. Yet now, on this peel, my skin frosted from the first layer and the second layer frosted so much, within the hour, the frosted skin went from white to a dead gray, and by morning it was that dark charred brown.

Anyway, I'm just protecting my skin. I'm not worried about the exposed skin because I do what I can to baby it. In the picture, I've used my nightly nourishing routine but sealed it all with a layer of aquaphor to retain moisture and accelerate healing.

By day, I stay out of the sun and generously use my 110 spf sunblock if I'm forced to go out.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 7:54am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

are you gonna get a dermaroller goodgirl?

I am! Idk what size I'm gonna get yet. But yes, I definitely plan on ordering one to help with scars and stretch marks...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

My skin is hella peeling and cracking!

WHEW, I can't wait till everything peels off so I can look normal and not look like The Thing whenever I smile!

Can you wear makeup and/or products while your face heals?

I youtubed TCA today and this woman's face looked raw, like painfully raw. How do you cover the peeling/healing process?

Eta: I can't see your pics

Edited by GoodGirlGoneGr8 - Apr 13 2014 at 10:34am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 10:34am
I kinda made a DIY sauna this morning...

I plugged the drained in the tub and ran the shower on the hottest setting for a few mins to get the room steamy.

I let the water run til the tub was half full.

Then I put my bathroom-space heater on the sink counter on the highest setting.

Saran-wrapped my tummy and it was a wrap. I began sweating in like 5 mins.

I got this lovely little tabletop/bathroom heater this winter from Target...$19

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 99>