BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Skin Thoughts Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 99>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 3.46  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Yessss

My skin is looking back to its optimum. *Kisses jar of L-ascorbic acid powder*

I love making my beloved toners. I'll never run out of LAA powder again!
I keep sleeping on vitamin C, I heard that you are supposed to apply externally and take Vitamin C pills. People on skincaretalk say it gives you a glow. 

Do you see drastic results from this?..and if so how long does it take for you to see them? 

HELL. YEAH!!!

Hun, vitamin c is a POWERFUL antioxidant! LAA will make your skin look so smooth, firm it nicely (I didn't even know how firm skin was supposed to feel before LAA), and help a ton with dark marks. You WILL glow. Clap

I don't take vitamin c pills but wherever I put my toner is beautified substantially within a week when I use LAA.

LAA stays in your skin for about 3 days so if you use it once a day every day, I promise you will begin to see great improvement within a week. But keep using it! The longer and more consistently you use it, the better.

Start out low though, it is an acid and your skin has to build tolerance.

You need at least 10% to have your skin build up collagen but if you want to start low, begin at 5%.

Make your solutions with the mindset like.. "this solution will be 5 percent LAA and 95 percent base." When you think of it that way, it's much easier to comprehend. Your base for the most part must be water- vitamin c is highly water soluble. I have worked my way up to 20% which is the highest you should go- GO NO HIGHER so my solutions are 20% LAA and 80% water and whatever extra ingredient I might have felt like adding.

We have threads on vitamin c toners. Very informative!

Also I found this uber informative reddit thread that will help!

Sponsored Links

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 6:13pm

cant you get it at vitamin shoppe?^^

i have a bottle of l-absorbic powder ive used before...and it didnt do too much....

it made me glow but only when i used it everyday....
i stopped using it...im pretty sure i was using it wrong
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 6:19pm
I don't know if you can, but maybe you can?

Just make sure you're getting the real and pure thing. Not some blend of vitamin c derivatives and stuff your skin can't use.

Let it be pure L-ascorbic acid powder, nothing else!
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 6:23pm
I just looked on the vitamin shoppe website and NONE of the products were suitable for making your own pure vitamin c toner.

Honestly though, I just get mine from Amazon. I'm sure sites like LotionCrafters is good too- cosmetic ingredient sites in general.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 6:26pm
im using my dermaroller again too...that plus the cotton milk masks...

completely even and flawless skin by the summer is the goal...Heart

Edited by ModelessDiva - Mar 26 2014 at 6:28pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

I just looked on the vitamin shoppe website and NONE of the products were suitable for making your own pure vitamin c toner.

Honestly though, I just get mine from Amazon. I'm sure sites like LotionCrafters is good too- cosmetic ingredient sites in general.

really. hmmmm that sucks

yea i hate ordering stuff thats why i askedLOL

i might have to order...sigh lol

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 6:30pm
can you give me a few good tips from that book (with the cotton mask)Big smile thank u!

how long is the book?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 6:33pm
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 7:12pm
I buy mine from trader joe's.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

can you give me a few good tips from that book (with the cotton mask)Big smile thank u!

how long is the book?

The book is relatively short, actually! It contains info on typing your skin and has various massages and stretches to alleviate incoming aging problems like gently pinching in the opposite direction of wrinkles.

Like say for example, you get horizontal forehead wrinkles- you pinch them vertically so your skin does not get used to those vertical creases. If a wrinkle is like this ---, you pinch them like this |

I also try to do the daily facial lymph node massages which is just applying pressure and smoothing down the sides of your neck directly underneath your ears, pressing inside the top of your clavicles, and draining the nodes in your armpits by pushing into them.

I also like the honey lip mask she advises! You take honey, put it on your lips, then cover it with a small sheet of saran wrap for about 10 minutes. It's antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, very moisturizing, and a sweet snack to lick off once you're done. Seal the moisture with some lip balm after and your lips are smooth and kissable~

She also advises the use of the Japanese definition of lotions which are more like toners in the western sense. I use this one:
http://www.ratzillacosme.com/wp-content/uploads/Hada-Labo-Goku-jyun-Hyaluronic-Acid-Lotion-2013.jpg

I put it on by patting it until my skin absorbs it (3 drops is all I need) and then I put my daily moisturizer on and it's a really nice humectant! It's formulated for use under a moisturizer so it actually helps your daily moisturizer be more effective.

The Japanese are serious about their skin care so they put more effort and product into their skin case but that doesn't necessarily mean their skin care is expensive. If a product is good, it will last in their skin care market. The products we buy for dirt cheap here are easily inferior to the dirt cheap products the Japanese use due to general consumer ignorance in America and high expectations in the Japanese masses.

Chizu Saeki has a mantra stating it should take you as long as it took you to put on makeup to take it off. I don't think she means that literally but the idea is to emphasize proper cleansing of your skin. The book already taught a method of cleaning I adopted years ago and that is by removing makeup with an oil first and then cleansing with soap to remove it all. The book also recommends cleansing by cream, especially if you have older skin.

She really goes into day by day skincare and supplying your skin with what it needs at the moment.. the book is a great and pleasantly simple buy. I think it's only $15 on Amazon.

I recommend it. Big smile No ebook version though, so I can't provide a bootleg.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 99>
  Share Topic