Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

*Random* Natural Hair Thoughts...please share

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12111212121312141215 1312>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:28am
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

the worst part i dread (co-washing) is growth expectancy.

i cowash every 2 weeks, and i expect at least an inch of growth damn it.Angry 

I've been good, or try to be - and because i'm a member of BHM (VIP, by the way) - i should get a bonus inch or two with every take-down.

instead i get the average.. okay rant over..

*hugs*  I am somewhat in the same boat.  But my fcuked up logic is that I don't do much in terms of PS (I only twist my hair, too lazy to braid) and I expect exponential growth. LOL
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:29am

i would like to wear my hair out?  but this is NM.

you can't do it, without it being blown right off your head.  There's no humidity.  I just left San Diego, CA., and had to laugh regarding the humidity.  It's not that bad, actually, but coming from a place of high elevation, AND no humidity?  i damn near died over there.

Confused

My hair would probably blew off as soon as I stepped off the plane. LOL
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:21pm
Lmao! New Mexico was okay to my hair but I had to co-wash daily to keep it soft. Plus it was still fro length shrunk so it was holding on to that moisture for dear life!LOL
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:19am
Washing my hair and trying out this Dr. Miracles gel from my curlBOX .... this is better not suck like that conditioner
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Okay I actually went through my stash and retried the Darcy's Botanicals Madagascar(OMG I spelled it right *fist pump*) Vanilla Styling Creme after a year or more (I know, I know) and the verdict is that it is okay.  For me, it acts very similar to Liv Hairdressing Creme/Cream.  It didn't leave my hair greasy at all and I used an obscene amount (okay just a touch greasy).  I know my hair is porous as hell but with this dry air I am constantly bombarded with, my twist look decent.  I say decent because I did a rush job on them so I do look a bit like I got off the freedom train three stops back.  But I am at a point where I have no fcuks to give.

LOL girl you are too silly!!

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by RoxieDream RoxieDream wrote:

Washing my hair and trying out this Dr. Miracles gel from my curlBOX .... this is better not suck like that conditioner

be careful, Roxie.. I don't hear very good things about Dr. Miracles at all.  Also, didn't they change their name due to so many lawsuits?

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Lmao! New Mexico was okay to my hair but I had to co-wash daily to keep it soft. Plus it was still fro length shrunk so it was holding on to that moisture for dear life!LOL

I bet it was.  The next time you mosey over to  my neck of the woods.  Bring a water filter.  New Mexico and Texas water is known for being "Extremely Hard."  Calcium Magnesium deposits in the water will build up on your hair and break it off.  That's what happened to me when i moved here for the first time..  The water TASTES great, because they added those minerals.

But even for consumption one must use a water softening unit or filter.  if they don't it's a guarantee for kidney stones.  And believe me,  I've seen more kidney stones in the state of TX and NM in one week than i've ever encountered any where else in the U.S.  oh yeah.. Colorado.

Ouch
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

i would like to wear my hair out?  but this is NM.

you can't do it, without it being blown right off your head.  There's no humidity.  I just left San Diego, CA., and had to laugh regarding the humidity.  It's not that bad, actually, but coming from a place of high elevation, AND no humidity?  i damn near died over there.

Confused

My hair would probably blew off as soon as I stepped off the plane. LOL

Mines damn near did!!LOL

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 8:25pm
^I just imagine your hair flying away like a cotton ball.LOL

I did not know the water was that bad there! I will keep this in mind next time I pop in for a visit.
MizzBrit View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzBrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 12:35pm
been using shea butter on my hair..and it loves it. idk why i stopped. it seems like its keeping the tangles and knots at bay and hair stretchered. melikey.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12111212121312141215 1312>