Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*Random* Natural Hair Thoughts...please share

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13031304130513061307 1312>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 7:04pm
Hate im tender headed.
Sponsored Links

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 7:54am
I had an urge to straighten, so I did last Wed. Cleo is healthy and WL(not full), but she doesn't look like it or feel like it. It doesn't have that weight to it that I expect a thick haired chick like myself should have. I love the overall health of Cleo, but not feeling the look(kindaof like it )all that much. Le sigh.
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 12:22pm
I feel like my hair has been stuck between Apl and Bsl forever! It's been 4 years, my hair should certainly be one it's way to WSL. I try not to get depressed about it, I'm very happy with my length. I just taught that it would be much much longer by now. I know we all have different growth cycles.
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 2:33pm
Kinky curly knot today always ruins my hair idk why I keep trying to make it work.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 12:22am
My scalp is confusing me.  It seems like all of the sudden my scalp is so freaking greasy.  I am not used to this at all.
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 5:30pm
Found i have no use for hair moisturizer they tend to make my hard i can days without doing the loc method but soon as i put a moisturizer i have dry looking rough hair my hair prefer creams.

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 6:39am
Going to touch up Cleo bc she's feeling like a sheep's behind all about the scalp.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 10:07am
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

My scalp is confusing me.  It seems like all of the sudden my scalp is so freaking greasy.  I am not used to this at all.
Hi Nars  My scalp feels oily too! I guess mine is because I'm  spraying thick oil w/onions,garlic, peppers and things on my scalp between the braids and my scalp is exposed with me wearing twists. ALSo, I'm using shea butter and aloe on my braids. It's ok.... a couple co washes with lots of warm water rinsing for a long time and we should be fine. Tongue

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 30 2014 at 10:10am
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 10:08am
Want braids but not sure how that'll go with using sulfur.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 11:46am
@Reli85 I know what you mean.  I remember I saw this video about braids with sulfur oil last year. You just reminded me of it

This will scare anyone. I will let you know what happens when I take mine out shortly Embarrassed
PS: I am trying to spray it only on the scalp while I use another oil and aloe spray on the braids. 
Also, I did not like how she used the fine tooth comb. I would use a bigger one and just soak the hair in the tub immediately with loads of conditioners and oils and GHE for about a week post.
I kind of want to agree with her that twists are gentler on the hair  than box braids but I don't know.
I think it is a lot easier to remove twists than braids.
what do you all think?

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 01 2014 at 1:04pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair