BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

*Random* Natural Hair Thoughts...please share

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12941295129612971298 1310>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

To hell with a LOC method...my hair requires the LOCOC method...

It sounds like you are in an area where there is little humidity.  Do you have a humidifier or maybe you should look into the GHE method.  It is basically another method of the baggy technique. There are threads explaining this.  Hold on let me see if I can find it:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/double-triple-your-hair-growth-with-the-ghe-open_topic324875.html

http://chicwithkinks.com/2011/09/27/differences-between-baggying-and-the-green-house-effect/

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/triple-the-growth-with-ghe-closedextended_topic317417_page1.html
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 10:51am
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

To hell with a LOC method...my hair requires the LOCOC method...

It sounds like you are in an area where there is little humidity.  Do you have a humidifier or maybe you should look into the GHE method.  It is basically another method of the baggy technique. There are threads explaining this.  Hold on let me see if I can find it:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/double-triple-your-hair-growth-with-the-ghe-open_topic324875.html

http://chicwithkinks.com/2011/09/27/differences-between-baggying-and-the-green-house-effect/

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/triple-the-growth-with-ghe-closedextended_topic317417_page1.html

I've tried it and it's great. I guess I've just been lazy lol. I will do it more now since I am on a protective styling challenge.

I finished my two strand twists yesterday. I still have to decide whether I want this challenge to last three months or six months.
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 7:33pm
hmm..

decided to try something even better.  I use onion/garlic juice with my mega growth oil, which subdues the smell..

Now i'm going to make a light onion/garlic spritz mixed with my bhingaraj oil/glycerin, lavender and peppermint.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 7:38pm
How soon we forget.

My SO, saw the bald spots, he remembers me losing my hair in handfuls.

Now that he's seen my progress, he truly wonders if i ever had alopecia. Confused

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 9:25pm
Man, i have that "deep" itch again.  it always happens when somethings changing in the scalp - which means my hair is growing again.

I remember taking an allergy medication called "AllergyReleaf"  It's main ingredient is quercetin.  When i took this medication 6x  a day, my SO noticed that my hair seemed to grow more.  We thought it was just a summer spurt.  This med. was also mixed with other ingredients to cut out the onion smell @  $40.00. a bottle..

Quercetin comes from onions.  Yes, the very stuff i'm using on my head in combination with garlic.  Thus, the topical is so much safer and easier to mask the smell.  There are "onion capsules" out there on the internet  - but they are not "odor controlled"..

Not a good idea to take those thing 3x a day,  and find out it coming through your pores.  No one is going to tell you that you smell like an onion.. 

At least my garlic caps are odor controlled.

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 10:16pm
I just redid my twists. I took each twist and turned it into two twists. They are cute and curly, but I don't know if the cuteness will last beyond the first wash. hopefully it will, since smaller twists seem to stay neater for a longer time. I plan on keeping these twists in for....wait for it...A YEAR. That's right, I want at least 6 inches next year and this is how I plan on getting it. But I'm going to redo my twists, one at a time, every couple of weeks. I expect to see MAJOR growth retention. By my three year mark I plan to be swangin.
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 12:26am
my hair feel so much better since i did a gelatine
tea treatment this will be a must for me every 6 weeks.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 10:56pm
concentrate on what's growing and stop obsessing over something that you "think" is not growing"..

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 12:12pm
i should probably spend more time in this section.
fredricafekkai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredricafekkai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 5:15pm
Hey ladies. First time in this section in probably over a year. Right now my hair is in braids (so anxious to take them out), I'm loving you guys' regimens and length updates!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12941295129612971298 1310>
  Share Topic