Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*Random* Natural Hair Thoughts...please share

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12791280128112821283 1307>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2013 at 2:07am
On the one hand I'm telling myself I want locs but then here I am not even wanting to put yarn braids in because I like playing in my hair too much and I know I will get antsy.
Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2013 at 2:16am
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

CC, my Latina friend is dealing with similar issues and she has excezma. She's allergic to sulfur, so I'm trying to find something to help her out. I suggested tea tree oil and I think I gave her some products containing tea tree oil, but I see she needs something different.

I had excezma for a real long time. Early on in my hhj, I got on the REAL black soap bandwagon. Cleared it right up. I have been meaning to pick up more bc the results were immediate. Might be worth checking it out.
Thanks Luv!Heart

I read on another site that vaginal antifungal cream (yeah yeah yeahLOL) works well to control  the yeast overgrowth in the affected area. She could try that if it is SD. Does she do hot oil treatments to help her scalp?

Sulfur/oil mix seems to be working right now. The skin is feeling better and I'm not getting cornflakes lol. I want to try the real black soap so this can get under control before the cold dry winter months.
imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2013 at 10:24pm
Hey, does anyone know any good thick heavy products or butters for twist outs or braid outs, I like heavy products for stretched styles
Adriel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adriel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 2:45am
I had starter locs for all of 3 weeks lol I couldn't not do it. everyone told me I couldn't hang. Back to the fro I go. I was >< this close to buying a texturizer.
texasmami0117 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texasmami0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 6:14pm

I need my staple products STAT. I'm tired of buying crap that don't work.

rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 6:31pm
So happy finally found a twisting cream
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

CC, my Latina friend is dealing with similar issues and she has excezma. She's allergic to sulfur, so I'm trying to find something to help her out. I suggested tea tree oil and I think I gave her some products containing tea tree oil, but I see she needs something different.

I had excezma for a real long time. Early on in my hhj, I got on the REAL black soap bandwagon. Cleared it right up. I have been meaning to pick up more bc the results were immediate. Might be worth checking it out.
Thanks Luv!Heart

I read on another site that vaginal antifungal cream (yeah yeah yeahLOL) works well to control  the yeast overgrowth in the affected area. She could try that if it is SD. Does she do hot oil treatments to help her scalp?

Sulfur/oil mix seems to be working right now. The skin is feeling better and I'm not getting cornflakes lol. I want to try the real black soap so this can get under control before the cold dry winter months.

CC, I read coochie cream works too. I think I could convince her to try. I know at this point she's tired of thenjd flaking and itching. I don't believe she does hot oil txts. I know she uses OO in her hair, so I'll suggest the hot oil txt .

Glad to hear your scalp is responding well to the sulfur. What's the %? How often are u using it? Is the smell noticeable? I've been asked by several ladies (at different times this yr) about dry scalp/dandruff/ excezma. It really is a very common skin condition.

Please try the REAL black soap or get some on standby. One time, my Hubby was talking to one of the neighborhood kids. Girl, his ams were peeling like he let Elmer's Glue dry on his arms and it started to flake off. I gave him some black soap and he said it took it off instantly.g and it didn't come back. I had the same result
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 6:16pm
How does my hair do this when wet just conditioner and water...

But this when dry

Anyone else got hair like this??

Edited by darlinnic - Aug 07 2013 at 6:17pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 8:21pm
^Did you comb it out to get it to fro like that in the after pic? Gorgeous before & after hair!Thumbs Up

Luv, I bought this brand of sulfur powder and added it to almond/grapeseed oil in an applicator bottle. It smells like burnt wood when I first apply it but once you add moisturizer to your hair, it's not as bad. My percentage is a bit much: 1 part sulfur to 4 parts oil, shake it up every time you use it.
http://www.amazon.com/Humco-Sulfur-Powder-Sublimed-Oz/dp/B001V9OWNU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375924676&sr=8-1&keywords=sulfur+powder
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

^Did you comb it out to get it to fro like that in the after pic? Gorgeous before & after hair!Thumbs Up

I guess I put conditioner in it then comb/detangle and place in large twists. Wash out and air dry and it becomes an afro
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12791280128112821283 1307>