BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*Random* Natural Hair Thoughts...please share

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12711272127312741275 1312>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 3:29pm
Even in braids want to shop for hair products.
Sponsored Links

femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by miszbrittify miszbrittify wrote:

why is it that the most negative comments about natural black hair come from our own race? smh this makes no sense to me, ive seen that alot of other races appreciate and love our natural hair whereas ill pass another black women and shell make a negative comment about natural hair. this has baffled me so much, and im not saying all black people or women, but there is more than a few who look down at natural hair for no reason! just because i choose not to apply chemicals to my hair its like i get shunned, but their the ones burning their scalps up, so shouldnt i be the one lookin at them like their crazy. i havent been natural all my life, lord knows ive recovered from the creamy crack, but even when i was relaxed i would admire natural hair

Sadly enough, MissBrittify, i was one of those brainwashed individuals who wanted "long, straight, hair"..i never even wanted to see my own when ever i had a weave take down.  I hated the fact, that my own hair was not "Long, wavy and luxurious"..every 2 months, the only way i smiled in the mirror was when my weave was installed.  (whether it was jacked up, it didn't matter)..Ouch

Unfortunately, this strange mentality is in every race.  It's called ignorance. when i went natural, or decided to give up my "waist length fake hair", for twists, cornrows, or a short afro?  black and hispanic folks that i knew either looked at me as i just landed off of a UFO, or jumped off the slave boat.  Some even ran from me.  The very ones who were always running toward me when i wore long hair to play in that weave, or "show me off" as their "girlfriend".. yes mostly black guys.Ouch

seeing my hair journey from relaxed and weaved up to natural.. you can't win either way.  When you wear weave - or relaxed hair, you get the comment: "That ain't all her hair"  or you get the weave check.. If you have natural hair? then you get the "That chick needs a hot comb" comment, or something far more malicious.

Either way, you can't win.. so you might as well stay on the healthy route..

MizzBrit View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzBrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 9:39am
havent been in here a while..hi everyone!
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 5:38pm
welcome back, MizzBrit!!Smile
mstinycurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstinycurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 10:57pm
It's been a few years since I've been natural but I'm still learning things about my hair.  Well, I've realized that I can not have my hair out majority of the time.  So, I have been keeping my hair in protective styles for the past few weeks and I can tell my hair is doing better for it. 
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 1:13am
I think I'm gonna try some mini braids.
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 5:18am
Nope, I did a wash n go.
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 2:46pm
im nervous about adding color to my hair.  this means im gonna have to do a DP--double process
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 9:10pm
Rainy & humid weather = lazy hair days
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 7:10pm
Oh mah gaw the Palmer's Coconut Oil shampoo and the hair pudding smells sooooooo good!  I mean mouthwatering good.  And the shampoo is sulfate-free?  Shid I might have to break my no-buy rule (again) to snap these babies up.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12711272127312741275 1312>
  Share Topic