Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

*Random* Natural Hair Thoughts...please share

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12651266126712681269 1312>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 1:11pm
^^^
It doesn't look much like a briadout love but more like a soft cute afro, I don't know how you did it initially but it's best to do twist/braid outs on damp hair for some definition, with some gel or Castor oil or Shea butter or anything that will get that well defined look! Wink 
Sponsored Links

Tangala0810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tangala0810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 2:13pm
Thanks for ur advice!
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 2:56pm
@Tangala, I think that hairstyle is cute.
I'm not sure if you're into big hair or not, but it probably would have looked extra bomb even more fluffed out!
Tangala0810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tangala0810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 8:22pm
Thank you @AmberColour...i havent never tried that style yet.
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 8:55pm
it's very cute, Tangala..

i tried a braid out.. it didn't hold the braid pattern, and it just reverted to absolutely nothing.  It was embarrassing. 

i have that 4c hair that reverts from air length to ear length w/in less than 60 seconds..

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 9:01pm
One day i was in class and i started out with this cute twist style..

Something happened... and suddenly all of the classmates who were complimenting me on my twists  were looking at me oddly.

i went to the bathroom 1-2 hours later and saw that the twists just reverted into these short/bloated sausage-like appendages on my head.Ouch

One of my classmates was japanese.  She had never seen 4c hair up-close and swore it was the most beautiful thing - at the beginning.

Once those twists reverted, she was looking at me for the rest of the day like this..Stern Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 3:19am
Awww femme I can definitely relate to that twist out going urgh in the start of my journey I used to go clubbing quite a bit and for some reason my twists would just explode and become minnie mouse ears all over and some would stay defined. Well annoyed and embarrasing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 3:23am
I've been really feeling my flatwists lately instead of going into intricate styles as my hair grows I'm going back to my basics where my hair was barely neck length and flat twisting like crazy.
shrew297 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrew297 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 8:10am
Ooooh! Are we sharing braid/twist out horror stories? I have one too!

I once went on a date to a play. So I decided to doll myself up:- flowy skirt, fitted blouse, pretty wedge heels and gorgeous braidout pulled back from my face with a nice scarf. The humidity was off the charts that night so by the end of the play my beautiful braidout had been reduced to a shrunken, tangled mess. It looked like a mentally deficient bird had decided to roost on my head. 

I never got asked out by that dude again. Ouch

On the bright side, mutual acquaintances said I dodged a bullet as he had a reputation for being an a$$hole, so I guess it worked out.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 10:42am
those horror stories are too funny - but true!!!LOL

It's amazing how "hair" can be such an issue to a guy?  I mean really? I definitely remember my ex-husband saying: "I don't care what kind of rat's nest you got underneath.. you better keep that weave up!"  (yes, my ex-african american husband of 1 year, from the deept south).. He hated my 4c hair.  (and at the time, so did iConfused).. Neither one of us knew any better.. He said he wanted a "chick with 'good hair')..Ouch

Whereas my boyfriend of over 11 years just looks at me, smiles and says: "Hey, at least you have hair!"  (he's a bald white guy from upper manhattan, NY)..

LOL

Edited by femmemuscleisback - May 26 2013 at 10:44am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures