Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

*Random* Natural Hair Thoughts...please share

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12521253125412551256 1310>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mstinycurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstinycurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by mstinycurls mstinycurls wrote:

Ok, I need to remember.."If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"  I've been trying new things to my hair and it isn't working. 
IA. Moisture, conditioner and oil work just fine and yet I try to switch it up.LOL

You usually don't go wrong when you keep it simple..LOL  A lot of it is the product junkie in me.  Always want to come out!
Sponsored Links

femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 11:14pm
i need to stay away from these you tube videos.. sometimes, they'll mention some new damn product that's a "Must Have".. and i realize i am looking at a person with 3 type hair.

i've realized over the years that a 3 type "Must Have" isn't for my 4c hair - period.

when Carol's Daughter first came out,  over ten years ago, i read all of these reviews of how shiny and silky it made people's hair.  Little did i know that these reviewers did not have my hair type.  i went out and bought over $150.00 worth of that crap.. I thought it was the holy grail of hair.  That it would transform my 4c hair to 3 types waves.

i sat there in the bathroom with all of these products sitting in front of me wondering if i did something wrong.  Why wasn't it "working"? Stern Smile

Well if you have silky, curly, wavy hair in the first damn place - the product just enhances it.. it doesn't change ones hair texture..

Some of you ladies on this forum learned this very quickly.. but not me.. it took me years, and hundreds of dollars later to learn my lesson.Ouch

When you see someone with a hair type very different from yours raving about the newest product that works for them?.. the only thing you "MUST HAVE" to do is click off the video and find someone who has a hair type closer to, or exactly like yours before you go running out there spending your hard earned cash.

SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 1:29am
I went to Target tonight and saw a lot of Shea Moisture products that Walgreens doesn't carry. I actually saw a lot of black hair stuff that neither Walgreens nor Walmart carries. I resisted the urge to buy anything. I've been really into sprays lately, but the thing is I like the results I get when I spray my hair with plain water, which is free, so why pay $10+ to spray my hair with (mostly) water? These natural hair people are making a killing.
I did buy two VO5 conditioners. One was coconut and the other was shea butter. I figured they would make decent bases to add things to, like different oils and coconut milk, etc. I can't wait to experiment.

Liebehair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liebehair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 2:00am
 Your thoughts are great. 
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 8:55pm
have to get these ends under control.
SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 9:03pm
How come shea butter is CG friendly, but castor oil isn't? I'm really tempted to use petroleum products as well. I need to do more research.
mstinycurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstinycurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 10:44pm
I went and bought my Garnier fructis pure clean shampoo today.  It's only $2.99 where as the Eden tea tree shampoo is 8.99..Ouch  I'm going to only use the Eden for a good clarifying shampoo once in awhile.  I love both..
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2013 at 12:10am
I'm in love with my twa and my finger coils
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 3:38am
My natural hair has evolved. It curls but coils but does it own thing without me.
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 4:16pm
that's strange.

BHM has 3 give aways.  2 of them are for natural hair moisturizers, and the Curly kit. (another natural hair maintenance kit)..

The natural hair maintenance giveaways had several hundred 'views" - response?

The giveaway for hair weaves/extensions.. immediate responses - with people posting their real names right here on the forum before realizing they were supposed to post somewhere else.LOL

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12521253125412551256 1310>
  Share Topic