BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

*Random* Natural Hair Thoughts...please share

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12311232123312341235 1312>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by AmberColour AmberColour wrote:

I am just wondering why some with natural hair would use bobbi pins in their hair a lot.
My hair would seriously break off I used that many bobbi pins to keep my roots "flat"

I guess it depends on the type(the closed or more open ones) and how the hair is treated in that style.
Bobby pins and I do not always agree though, the protective part always slips off when I remove them from my hair plus they always disappear on me so whenever I need them they're not around. .
I only used them for some up-dos tough or to tuck hair away when too short to stay behind my ear.

Edited by Ritle - Jan 20 2013 at 6:40pm
Sponsored Links

rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 6:12pm
Why so many conditioners keep coming out this is not good as i have enough already that just sitting guess I'll the ones i have first then buy more .
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 8:34pm
I don't care, I like Moisture Max for this sub-zero temps.  Do you know it was about -3 F this morning when I headed out to class?  For fcuks sakes why am I in the Midwest?!
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 2:32am
I think I will finally blow out my hair for my birfday. The last time I used heat to straighten my hair was my birthday in 2010 so it is about time.LOL
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 4:02am
I just wish my natural hair didn't grow in layers when i'm full apl (which will probably take another year for the front area) i will mostly be grazing bsl and so on. Almost out of that awkward but i still feel style challenged le sigh.
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I think I will finally blow out my hair for my birfday. The last time I used heat to straighten my hair was my birthday in 2010 so it is about time.LOL
CC, you already know what I EXPECT (no pressureWink)... pitchas!!!! Your hair is growing so nicely and prettifulSmile
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 9:03pm
I got to play Miss Hair Stylist today at workBig smile. Yall know I am a self- proclaimed style challenged chick, specifically on my head. But, I tend to be able to help folk with styling their hair especially when its straight. One of my co-workers and friends that is transitioning wasn't feeling her hair. For the past few weeks, she has been wearing her hair in a straight bob. Well, she had oiled and curled it on sponge curlers and wrapped it.

Well, when she unwrapped it, she felt it was 'too mushroom-ish'. I took her comb and made some cute swirls and stuff with the comb. She was a'beaming. I was too. So glad she liked it!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 10:27am
The mushroom look is one of my hair-peeves, glad you were able to rescue her from it.

As for my random natural thought, I like wearing my hair stretched to an extent(recently tried it), the stringy curls look is not always a good look, so I have to keep an eye on the method I use to stretch it.

I forgot to get the gels I wanted again... the gel I currently have does not do it like those two(I mix them), so I only use it for ponytails only.
fairyQueen092 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fairyQueen092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 1:58pm
i wish everyone would stfu about me cutting my hair. grow your own
mstinycurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstinycurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 6:23pm
I'm starting to realize that I can't use head bands to put my hair in a quick puff.  My hair is getting too long and wrapping its self around the band which is not good.Ouch    I'm trying to figure out what to do now.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12311232123312341235 1312>