FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

*Random* Natural Hair Thoughts...please share

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 1315>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mee2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mee2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2008 at 10:10am
Originally posted by browngirl360 browngirl360 wrote:

Sometimes I love my cottony, afrocentric, self-confident, all me, no-chemicals natural hair and sometimes I'm not feeling it At ALL...especially when I wake up and my hair is all smushed in on the side...maybe I'm schizophrenic! (if that's how you spell it!)

My thought is how do the top of my hair get mashed in. I know I toss and turn alot in my sleep, but surely I'am not spinning on top of my head too
Sponsored Links

OnMyJourney View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnMyJourney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2008 at 12:02pm
Thanks for sharing ladies!!  Clap

I was wondering about direct heat. Is using a diffuser considered direct heat? After all it is on the end of a blow dryer. I've been wanting to use one on my daughter's hair, but we have a "NO DIRECT HEAT TIL DECEMBER" challenge right now with NO passes.
ArmyAngels3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArmyAngels3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2008 at 12:21pm
Since going completely natural (last weekend) I have been experimenting with oils from my kitchen and my dogs keep sticking their noses in my hair...lol i guess i smell like food?LOL
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnMyJourney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2008 at 11:18pm
OH MY GOODNESS! I'm so in love y'all! I just found my HOLY GRAIL hair rollers!!!!

The Goody brand Mesh rollers are THE TRUTH!! Shocked My hair just dried super fast!! And I'm always under the dryer for HOURS! I'm talking at least 3.5 to get my hair dry and these dried my hair in an hour! And they may have been done before now, I just didn't check them until an hour had past! Before I had been using the magnetic ones, but someone here (can't remember who) said to look for the ones with lots of holes in them, that they make a huge difference. WELL GIRL, YES THEY DO!!!  I am in love!!!

Funny thing is when I try to look them up via Google I can't find them. I was going to post a pic for everyone. I went to the Goody website and they don't have them listed there either. ??? But if you go to Walmart you will find them. They come in a pack of twenty with 2 different sizes in the baggie container with  these white pins.

Just let me tell y'all I have NEVER been good at rollersetting. I could get by because I typically pulled it back in the front anyway...but amazingly enough those little white pins secured the rollers well enough to smooth out my new growth. I'm just so in love. I might just have to start a thread about this afterall! But you heard it here first!!! LOL
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnMyJourney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2008 at 9:33pm
Today I went to lunch and the white lady taking my order kept looking at my hair (the rollerset I did last night with my AWESOME mesh rollers!). She stopped me AS I'm ordering and asked, "Did you use a flat iron to make your curls so big and shiny like that?" I smiled and said no I set it on rollers.  She said, "OK" and off she went to turn in my order.  She comes back 2 minutes later and asked, "You mean those hot rollers?"  I laughed, and told her exactly what I had done and where I bought the rollers. She looked at my hair and said, "I'm going to get some of those!" LOL

I was like DANG, does my rollerset look THAT cute?! Big%20smile
bsquared86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsquared86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2008 at 8:01am
um . . . random naturla hair thoughts . . . let's see

Surprisingly, my tattoos were the only thing that distracted my family from asking about my hair on Labor Day, lol. It's kind of like they couldn't figure out what to be more flabbergasted about-- this big ole tat near my collar bone that i've had for months but haven't shown alot this summer (don't want a sunburn on it!) or these funny twist things i've been doing with my hair for the past few weeks, lol. I guess the tats won this round. A couple of them complimented me on my hair or made general comments about it but so far noone really knows that i'm loc'ing, lol. It's so funny to me for some reason- I don't think i'll ever tell them what's going on, I'm just gonna watch and see their reactions as my hair begins to loc.

Fotki has mysteriously decided that i can neither see my OWN pictures in my albums nor can I see anyone elses . . . and it hurts. None of the computers in my house are cooperating with me! Other people seem to see my fotki just fine though, what's the deal. I'm actually seriously pissed off by this! I need my fotki fix! *suppresses junkie itch*

Sometimes I wonder if it's healthy to spend so much time focused on hair, lol? Honestly, my hair is the only "project" that I'm dedicated to right now . . . i spend more time on BHM and related hair sites than I do figuring out these grad school apps . . . somebody slap me, i'm OBSESSED!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnMyJourney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2008 at 8:44am
Originally posted by bsquared86 bsquared86 wrote:

. . . somebody slap me, i'm OBSESSED!

You're not alone my sister! You're not alone! LOL
WNW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WNW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2008 at 9:30am
sometimes I get worried about my hair growing out. Confused I know its weird because I want a big fro, but I am just worried about the time imma have to put in it. I can only imagine that the bigger and thicker it gets, the more imma have to do with it.
Marlie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2008 at 1:30pm
i love stalking natural hair fotki's..... but it FREAKS me out when i see someones face scribbled out in the picsShocked

i immediately leavePinch
divalane25 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divalane25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2008 at 2:50pm
OMG Marlie me too!!!!!! It reminds me of the movie thinner...yall seen that??

anywhoo...my random thought is this...
Over the weekend I explored my aunts new/old house especially the basement that she was afraid to go in. It was a mess...this house was atleast 80yrs old and the basement showed there was stuff everywhere. I cam out with spiderwebs in my hair that I didn't notice for hrs I'm still in the TWA phase. So I wonder....how much stuff will randomly get stuck in my fro as it grows. Without me noticing???
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 1315>
  Share Topic