FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

*Random* Natural Hair Thoughts...please share

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12731274127512761277 1315>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 9:34pm
Too funny..

i did a takedown last night.  My SO comes into the bathroom,  turns right around while saying: "Where's that ruler?"

He returns with his ruler and expertly places it on different areas of my head while stretching the hair out to measure the length..

"You'll have a full foot of hair again, in about 6 months.  Don't screw it up this time"..

washed his hands, dried them, and walked out ..Confused

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Jul 04 2013 at 9:35pm
Sponsored Links

krisviola1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 10:20am
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

Too funny..

i did a takedown last night.  My SO comes into the bathroom,  turns right around while saying: "Where's that ruler?"

He returns with his ruler and expertly places it on different areas of my head while stretching the hair out to measure the length..

"You'll have a full foot of hair again, in about 6 months.  Don't screw it up this time"..

Wow Femme, your hair is that long now? Lol your husbands response is so funny.

fairyQueen092 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote fairyQueen092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 1:52pm

Too funny..

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote fairyQueen092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 1:53pm
My edges refuse to thinken up and it hurts my scalp when i flat twist my edges (loosely)
nostalgiajones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nostalgiajones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 7:27pm
Has anyone tried the Shea Moisture Three Butters line?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by krisviola1 krisviola1 wrote:

Wow Femme, your hair is that long now? Lol your husbands response is so funny.

Yes, MissViola, but it still reverts into a 1" TWA once the water or even air hits it.  Even with twists, it reverts to multiple poodle turds unless i'm wearing extensions.Ouch

i think bunning is a good idea and a great protective style.  As long as i don't go overboard by pulling the hair  too tight.  You know your style is  way too tight when folks start asking you if had a "face lift" recently.

Confused

and yeah.. my SO can be quite knowledgeable/comical about my hair.

Smile

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Jul 05 2013 at 9:00pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by fairyQueen092 fairyQueen092 wrote:

My edges refuse to thinken up and it hurts my scalp when i flat twist my edges (loosely)

Miss Queen?  have you tried JBCO or a sulfur serum?  That has been a huge help in regaining my sides.  Both of my side were slicker than the back of my hand.  Tight Weaves/Perms/Flat ironing were the culprits. it was aka Traction Alopecia. 

My left side grew in very full (after about 5 years).  My right side has grown in (7 years) kind of on the thin side.  But i can wear my hair back w/o looking like i'm wearing a mohawk.

Yes, when i was in college, people thought i had a mohawk.  I was bald all the way back past the ears.  And over time, i had  3 defiant strands left on the crown.

Ouch

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Jul 05 2013 at 9:08pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote fairyQueen092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 9:19pm

Originally posted by fairyQueen092 fairyQueen092 wrote:

Miss Queen?  have you tried JBCO or a sulfur serum?  That has been a huge help in regaining my sides.  Both of my side were slicker than the back of my hand.  Tight Weaves/Perms/Flat ironing were the culprits. it was aka Traction Alopecia. 

My left side grew in very full (after about 5 years).  My right side has grown in (7 years) kind of on the thin side.  But i can wear my hair back w/o looking like i'm wearing a mohawk.

Yes, when i was in college, people thought i had a mohawk.  I was bald all the way back past the ears.  And over time, i had  3 defiant strands left on the crown.

Ouch

Ive tried jbco, but not long enough to be honest. Everytime i massage my temples with it the get sore .
I think will try it again for a longer to see what happens. Im too young to have this odd looking hairline
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 6:47pm
My curls are starting to come back in! I still have some straight (damaged) strands, but I have a cute little afro going Tongue
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 7:12pm
Had a straight hair desire moment...quickly disappeared as I stepped out my air conditioned home...wet buns ftw!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12731274127512761277 1315>
  Share Topic