FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

*Random* Natural Hair Thoughts...please share

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12671268126912701271 1315>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by shrew297 shrew297 wrote:

I think he just put my ovaries into overdrive. 

if you're ovaries went into "overdrive", well mine's just went into "orbit"!LOL

He is hawt, i must agree..Smile

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Up&Out39 Up&Out39 wrote:

You're welcome! Hmm, I don't think gay. Idk. Have you seen his other videos? He seems he could be one of those rare men who likes to take care of themselves..hair and all Tongue He is amazing looking though!

True.. but i've never seen a black man that's not a celebrity? with great hair, great body, great personality, great tatoos, that's straight.. that doesn't have to wear a suit to look polished.  This guy is a total package.

Well, hold on, let me retract.. okay, i have.. i  just haven't seen one in a long while.  All i can say thank goodness for him. 

Smile
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

Ummm lickable black men.. Must stop boyfriend can hear from across the ocean.
His hair is wonderful and a good testament to black hair growth.

LOLLOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Up&Out39 Up&Out39 wrote:

This isn't a natural hair thought but I was walking to the park in my neighborhood. I never walked to the park before so I was excited to get out of the house to do that. It's a beautiful day outside. I was all like Big smile and then some girl rolls up next to me, with a bunch of people in some suv, and she calls me a n* and then just rolls off. She had a smile on her face too which made it more hurtful. 

I never experienced racism before so I was taken aback. I came home, and now I'm just crying. I'm so weak. God Cry

oh girl.. we used to have that happen to us all the time, growing up.  What would take them off guard (specifically if they are white) was when we would yell back: "Takes one to know one!"

They're usual response? Confused

the "n" word goes both ways, Up&Out.. you don't have to be black to be that word.

Sorry that happened to you.. Unfortunately, you've gotten just a very tiny taste of what us older folks had to deal with before your time.
Ouch

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

:(
:(
Racism is alive and real!!!!
Its very surprising when it happens to you. You didnt do anything, werent bothering anyone and some random person decides to call you out of your name. Umph.. makes me angry.

They probably just mad at their life.

((HUGS))

I say get militant, darlinnic! 

UP&Out? the next time you see that SUV? Don't hesitate when they stop.

Open the passenger door..  Run around the drivers side, yank that bastard driver out. 

Shove the racist female out of the passenger side, (don't forget to shut the doors), then roll over that b*&*tch over like the Boston Marathon Bomber did his brother.Angry

or....

you could just carry a little thing of pepper spray or paint?  and when they pull up and roll down the window? spread the love... (that's what we did to pimps, police, KKK,  racists - anyone that was stupid enough to roll down their window in a black neighborhood, anyway)..

Edited by femmemuscleisback - May 29 2013 at 11:27pm
Up&Out39 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Up&Out39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 12:41am
@ Darlinnic, yeah I just realized it is Disapprove

@femme, idk why but your response made me laugh LOL spread the love...oh I will next time! Ya'll made me feel better Star
miszbrittify View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miszbrittify Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 11:55am
[i]Why is it that society sees relaxed hair as being more acceptable than natural hair? And why do alot of younger black men oppose of natural hair rather then older men? [/i]

[URL=http://miszbrittify.blogspot.com/]Check out my natural hair blog click here[/URL]
[URL=www.youtube.com/miszbrittify]Click here to check out my natural youtube channel[/URL] [:o]
imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 2:38pm
Relaxed hair = conformity. It's straight so like the majority and fits into the Eurocentric beauty we have in this country. It's straight so you fit in and are taken more seriously. Where natural kinky curly or coily hair unfortunately is seen as political or radical hair, even this is how it naturally grows out of our scalp. Since the slavery days we've been told our natural hair was ugly and nappy. A lot of people no matter their background believe this.

I don't think that man's age matter, they either will love it or loathe it.
Mell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2013 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by miszbrittify miszbrittify wrote:

Why is it that society sees relaxed hair as being more acceptable than natural hair? And why do alot of younger black men oppose of natural hair rather then older men?

http://miszbrittify.blogspot.com/ - Check out my natural hair blog click here
www.youtube.com/miszbrittify - Click here to check out my natural youtube channel

I totally agree. One of my older Soror's told us at dinner a couple weeks ago that its so nice to see my generation going back to the natural state because we grew up in a time where we never had the opportunity to see our NATURAL state of hair. I guess older men were used to seeing it back in the day and loved it because that's what made women beautiful, their natural state, not a kiddie perm or the Euro appeal. I just thought that was interesting that she said that.
Queentia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queentia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2013 at 4:33pm
I just started doing wash n go's and was wondering if anyone else does them how do ya'll dry your hair?
 I've been sitting under a hooded dryer on warm temperature for about 45 mins like every other day, I'm not a fan of diffusing and air drying would take literally a day. 
I use conditioner, shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie, and eco styler. I'm wondering if the amount of products used will coat my haie enough and  prevent my it from being damaged from the heat although its not even really hot heat its warm and my dryer goes to cool like every 10 mins while drying.
 Anyone that can offer some advice would be much appreciated Smile
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12671268126912701271 1315>
  Share Topic