BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*Random* Natural Hair Thoughts...please share

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12171218121912201221 1312>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

Lol! Femme, he tried! Lol!

LOL  Yes, the man is in my corner!

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by CrunderNaccis CrunderNaccis wrote:

So I found reason number 3 why my hair is breaking and I can't retain length. It is my detangling method !!! Everytime I detangle with my shower comb, there is always tiny pieces of my hair failing out. For some reasons I thought it was just shed or old breaking pieces of hair. I am going to leave the shower comb alone for a while and maybe try the derman brush or/and finger detangling. I also need to be a little gentle too. 

I had that problem with just my "take downs"..  i have 4b/c hair and usually detangle every 2 weeks or sometimes once a month.  I found that i can do my take downs a lot easier with this strange comb.  It's very cheap, and you can get them at the BSS.

The shower comb is too blunt near the roots, and using this first - then the shower comb (after a good moisturizing/oil spritz) helped me a lot.  The steel tip is round and blunted to get into the "holes" of your braids and easily "unlace" them. I never use the comb at all, just the tip.

You probably might check it out?

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Dec 02 2012 at 7:03pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

Forgot to tell yall that I picked up some Crisco and flatironed my hair. I LUV it! Cleo is shiny and straighter than I have ever got her!

is crisco also a heat protectant?

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 11:44pm
Wait, so crisco & grapeseed oil are protectants? Shocked
CrunderNaccis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrunderNaccis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

Originally posted by CrunderNaccis CrunderNaccis wrote:

So I found reason number 3 why my hair is breaking and I can't retain length. It is my detangling method !!! Everytime I detangle with my shower comb, there is always tiny pieces of my hair failing out. For some reasons I thought it was just shed or old breaking pieces of hair. I am going to leave the shower comb alone for a while and maybe try the derman brush or/and finger detangling. I also need to be a little gentle too. 

I had that problem with just my "take downs"..  i have 4b/c hair and usually detangle every 2 weeks or sometimes once a month.  I found that i can do my take downs a lot easier with this strange comb.  It's very cheap, and you can get them at the BSS.

The shower comb is too blunt near the roots, and using this first - then the shower comb (after a good moisturizing/oil spritz) helped me a lot.  The steel tip is round and blunted to get into the "holes" of your braids and easily "unlace" them. I never use the comb at all, just the tip.

You probably might check it out?

Yes. Thanks, I'll give this method a try.
Aerie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aerie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 1:11pm
I think I'm going to end up texlaxed, I gave myself 6 months (till my 20th birthday) to try to get my natural hair to where I want it, and I don't think I'll last the rest of the way. 

I love hair, but I can't be bothered fussing with mine so much to try to achieve something. 

And I need to get a denman brush
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Aerie Aerie wrote:

I think I'm going to end up texlaxed, I gave myself 6 months (till my 20th birthday) to try to get my natural hair to where I want it, and I don't think I'll last the rest of the way. 

I love hair, but I can't be bothered fussing with mine so much to try to achieve something. 

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with my hair when it grows out, too.
I've really been considering texlaxing, too.
That might be the middle.LOL
Aerie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aerie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by AmberColour AmberColour wrote:

Originally posted by Aerie Aerie wrote:

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with my hair when it grows out, too.
I've really been considering texlaxing, too.
That might be the middle.LOL

It's really hit and miss being natural. Texlaxing seems like it'll just make things simpler, and smoother. Pun intend. :P 
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 7:48pm
@Aerie
I'll just be mad if I can't achieveee this
I still wanna have a kinky fro.Big smile
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 9:21pm
Okay DC'd with my homemade protein/moisture/whatever concoction and I ended up with relaxed curls and softened hair. I was surprised it actually worked in my hair. I may use this weekly until I blow dry.Shocked
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12171218121912201221 1312>
  Share Topic