BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

random introvert thoughts thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 9:40pm
This is actually pretty good thread.  I have pretty much always been an introvert but since half of my immediate family are also introverts and/or socially inept so it never seemed that bad to me.  Even as a small child, I would rather read a book or color rather than go outside and play with kids.  I didn't feel rejected by people or see others as "the enemy" until I was taught to do so.  I could be a sociable child and interact with others just fine when I wasn't doing my own thing.

I'm pretty much the same way now.  I have had to learn to be social and find it easy to talk to people to function in life.  Unless you want to be a penniless, hermit I just can't see how you can just not navigate social mores and participate.  However, I'm still not good around large groups of people like at a party or gatherings when I don't know other people.  I tend to pick out a few people to interact with.  So yeah, that makes group functions kind of stressful.  I don't mind crowds in general, I have family members who do.  Wasn't aware that was actually a "thing" with introverts.

As far as introversion being a disadvantage, I think it can be but it doesn't have to be.  We do tend to be more introspective but again, I don't think that has to be a bad thing.  Being aware of it and managing resulting negativity is a good idea i suppose.  The thing I like about being an introvert is actually enjoying solitary tasks and therefore developing a skill of some kind.  Of course you run into the issue of other people thinking you're "doing nothing" and they want to suck out the time you need to recharge.  I really think that's where communication and compromise comes in.  For example, if you have an SO who wants to hang out, just let them know you wanted to get some things done but you can hang out later.

Sponsored Links

Josephuss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

now that's how I like it, nicca!!!LOL Now what da hell is going on in yer life today? Nala wants to know cuz she's nosy and boredCry
sunday was hall day  of course... today is just a dull day
Josephuss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 1:20pm
from 1-6 grade I was the only kid who hated recces. I didnt know how to get involved with the other kids so I wandered around aimlessly. I could walk then mind you. a couple months ago I was randomly thinking about a shed I sat behind on the playground when I really felt out of place. a couple days later I was on the bus when it drove past that school, and if the shed had eyes it would  of been starting at me. I havent been past there since I went to that school but I took it as a good  coincidence just to get to a better place...

Josephuss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 5:59pm
im so bored. who wants to talk to me?
Josephuss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 6:55pm
Cry
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 7:34pm
I'm a proud introvert. When I was younger I didn't quite understand why I felt mentally drained after dealing with large groups. But as I've gotten older I gained a better understanding of myself and introversion. I remember in Middle school, and High School I use to skip going to lunch because I didn’t like dealing with the large crowds in the cafeteria. Instead I would just chill at the library. I'm extremely observant & highly intuitive, so being an introvert just adds to it. Being an introvert can be challenging at times because people usually expect for black women to be loud, and openly express everything that comes to their minds. I feel like being an introvert gives me an advantage in life. When most people are busy running their mouths, I'm sitting back observing and analyzing what may not be obvious to the naked eye.
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 7:36pm
I also talk to myself sometimes because I truly feel like no one else knows and understands me... but myself.
Josephuss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Majesty02 Majesty02 wrote:

I also talk to myself sometimes because I truly feel like no one else knows and understands me... but myself.
do ever  wish you could be  more open with people?
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Josephuss Josephuss wrote:

No. People know what they need to know about me. And I'm very careful, and selective of who I reveal things to. I disclose myself in layers depending on how comfortable I am with the individual. I really don't have anything negative to hide, but I've alway been a very private person.
Josephuss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 6:44pm

Originally posted by Josephuss Josephuss wrote:

No. People know what they need to know about me. And I'm very careful, and selective of who I reveal things to. I disclose myself in layers depending on how comfortable I am with the individual. I really don't have anything negative to hide, but I've alway been a very private person.
this could be your  introvert side making you lie to yourself to protect yourself from letting your guard down and coming out  your comfort zone. I would envision myself in a setting or talking to people in a way I knew I couldnt, and tell myself I didnt want to anyway to protect myself. its like being in denial. I could be wrong, but you said you ate lunch in the library, and most young people wouldnt eat alone if they had the choice of being social with their peers. I know I ate alone in high school too and just sat in the hallway eating snacks the last two years.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
  Share Topic