Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

random introvert thoughts thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 8:58am
At first I was like god damn another RT thread? But then I read the first few pages and I kinda like yall .

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 9:00am
I'm not sure what I am.

I'm introverted when I want to be... and can be social if I want to be too.

Big crowds don't bother me but awkward new social situations do at times

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Some may consider me a introvert, I see it as being picky about who I talk to. 

I call it being selectively social

I hate small talk..
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 9:21am
as much as i hate crowds...im going to the zoo today. wish me luck. cause not only will i feel awkward in the crowds....so awkward that my walk will change..my germ phobia is gonna be off the charts. 
dont touch this
dont walk there
cover your mouth
they look sick stand here....

ugh.. lol. omgosh. i have issues.
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Being social and knowing many people is overrated. If you observe others, if you watch and listen to what they say and you make a connection, you will see that a lot of people are unhappy with who they are and what they experience, and so they grow bitter and mean to others because they can't figure out how to get the happiness they desire.

I appear like a mouse because my mind is usually deeply present, observing people's body language and making connections. By the time my mind figures out just who the snakes are, obviously I have no desire to make friends because I know it is a trap. This person acts like a snake.

So I choose my company wisely, but because of that, all of the snakes think I am a mouse not even worth eating. Or maybe they are not hungry for me yet, which is a win for me because not only am I escaping the jaws of a snake, I am being fully educated on his routine. The snake is not slicker than me and if he open his mouth to swallow me up, he is shocked that I swerve how he swerves and strike how he strikes.

He realizes, oh sh*t! This is not a mouse, this is a lioness!!

Meanwhile, I have befriended all of the genuine people, and they are not many.
The snakes then fight to eat each other to prove who is the biggest snake.
If they ask me I could tell them, cause I figured it out already. Smh. Suckers!

So my advice is, be who you genuinely are. The snakes only act like snakes. We are all actually people. So all of this mental stuff is an illusion (of the mind!). When you be the way you are naturally, you will go with the wave of life and it will take you to amazing places and cause you to see amazing things and meet amazing people. You will be rooted like a tree but have branches that stretch out wide to reach and cover many.

No seriously. Try it and see. Experience life! See who you are! Life is fun, engage with it but not the illusion. That is not real life.

Derri, you wrote this so beautifully Cry.
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 9:54am
What Derri said mostly describes me because I was very quiet when I was younger. I spent 10% of my time talking and 90% of my time observing peoples body languages and conversations, so much so that now I think I mastered the art. Its definitely easy for me to pick out who is "good" and who is "no good" and I am usually right. The no good people try so hard to be my friend and I be polite and take their phone number but I never call them because I know already that they are people who will not last long as friends.

So I guess being introverted is both a blessing and well not a curse, but a disadvantage I guess, because you are so aware of yourself and others, yet people assume that because you are quiet or keep to yourself that you are socially inadequate and fearful of others.

Being aware of myself and what goes on in other people's minds is the main reason I decided to switch my major from nursing to psychology. Nursing with a bachelor's degree definitely pays more and seems more sensible to do, but I'm gonna go get my Psy,D in Psychology to put my skills to use
Josephuss View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Being social and knowing many people is overrated. If you observe others, if you watch and listen to what they say and you make a connection, you will see that a lot of people are unhappy with who they are and what they experience, and so they grow bitter and mean to others because they can't figure out how to get the happiness they desire.

I appear like a mouse because my mind is usually deeply present, observing people's body language and making connections. By the time my mind figures out just who the snakes are, obviously I have no desire to make friends because I know it is a trap. This person acts like a snake.

So I choose my company wisely, but because of that, all of the snakes think I am a mouse not even worth eating. Or maybe they are not hungry for me yet, which is a win for me because not only am I escaping the jaws of a snake, I am being fully educated on his routine. The snake is not slicker than me and if he open his mouth to swallow me up, he is shocked that I swerve how he swerves and strike how he strikes.

He realizes, oh sh*t! This is not a mouse, this is a lioness!!

Meanwhile, I have befriended all of the genuine people, and they are not many.
The snakes then fight to eat each other to prove who is the biggest snake.
If they ask me I could tell them, cause I figured it out already. Smh. Suckers!

So my advice is, be who you genuinely are. The snakes only act like snakes. We are all actually people. So all of this mental stuff is an illusion (of the mind!). When you be the way you are naturally, you will go with the wave of life and it will take you to amazing places and cause you to see amazing things and meet  amazing people. You will be rooted like a tree but have branches that stretch out wide to reach and cover many.

No seriously. Try it and see. Experience life! See who you are! Life is fun, engage with it but not the illusion. That is not real life.
Im all about choosing your associates wisely when it comes to hanging out and forming close bonds as long as it doesnt inhibit you from simple interaction like being able to mingle in a crowd or gathering. I cant mingle and studying people from a far without interacting with them further suppresses basic social skills. Anytime I go somewhere its clear im just gonna be good for saying hi and bye, and responding with a "im fine" when ask how im doing and going no further. This is introversion at its worse though. You should rely on being yourself though rather then a persona.
Josephuss View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

What Derri said mostly describes me because I was very quiet when I was younger. I spent 10% of my time talking and 90% of my time observing peoples body languages and conversations, so much so that now I think I mastered the art. Its definitely easy for me to pick out who is "good" and who is "no good" and I am usually right. The no good people try so hard to be my friend and I be polite and take their phone number but I never call them because I know already that they are people who will not last long as friends.

So I guess being introverted is both a blessing and well not a curse, but a disadvantage I guess, because you are so aware of yourself and others, yet people assume that because you are quiet or keep to yourself that you are socially inadequate and fearful of others.

Being aware of myself and what goes on in other people's minds is the main reason I decided to switch my major from nursing to psychology. Nursing with a bachelor's degree definitely pays more and seems more sensible to do, but I'm gonna go get my Psy,D in Psychology to put my skills to use
this can become the case with like with me. the social aspects of my mind shriveled up and went into a coma.

Edited by Josephuss - Mar 22 2014 at 2:08pm
Josephuss View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 4:08pm
this thread needs some extroverts to liven up this place Party
newin2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newin2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I don't want to be another person

I like the way I am

I agree I over analyze but honestly outside of dealing with people, it really isn't the worse quality to have

I can make myself appear more outgoing when I want or need to and that is something I learned with age

I do it mostly for work or around certain family members

other family members I am completely my self around and trust so nothing feels forced

I get being more social is needed but I refuse to act like enjoying my own company more than others sometimes and not needing to be the center of attention is something I need to change

This is EXACTLY where I am in life. I think this stage comes with age as I didn't hit it until I turned 30. It feels good to be exactly who I am. I "play" the game at work to continue to excel, but in most other aspects, I am who I am.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
  Share Topic