Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Random Hair Thoughts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202203204205206 217>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 3.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 5:45am
Crochet braids

Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 5:53am

Can you wash your hair with Baking Soda or Apple Cider Vinegar? : A scientific experiment!

So you may recall the last experiments on cowashing and rhassoul/bentonite clay washing which led many of you to ask, why not do it with baking soda and apple cider vinegar (ACV)? Well here are the results!

The Experiment
I used my own shed hair and imaged it:
-on its own without any washing (oily hair sample)
- washed with shampoo only (2 minute water rinse, 2 minute shampoo wash, 2 minute water rinse and air dried for 4 hours)
-washed with baking soda dissolved in water only ( 2 minute water rinse, 2 minute baking soda (pre-mixed with water), 2 minute water rinse and air dried for 4 hours)
-washed with apple cider vinegar only ( 2 minute water rinse, 2 minute apple cider vinegar wash, 2 minute water rinse and air dried for 4 hours)

The Results

1. The Controls - Oily Hair and Shampooed Hair

This paragraph is a bit of self plagiarism (yes you can plagiarise yourself)  - As before - I redid these two controls for this experiment because you always have to have a baseline of what the hair looks like prior to washing and what it looks like with a proper wash. You can therefore judge the baking soda and ACV in context of dirty and clean hair.

Oily Unwashed Natural Hair

Clean Shampooed Natural Hair

2. Baking Soda Wash

I was actually stunned by this. It really did not clean at all. I kind of expected it to somewhat but it really was just a greasy mess. I even decided to soak it in the baking soda mix for 10 minutes and try again but the result was exactly the same

Baking soda wash on natural hair - Still Oily

3. Apple Cider Vinegar Wash

If you thought the baking soda wash was bad, well meet the ACV wash. I think the hair actually looked oilier after washing than before. Once more I soaked it for 10 minutes to give it a chance and the result was just a bit better.

ACV wash - Can you believe this oil coated hair is washed?

ACV washed hair - 10 minutes - Still oily but less so.

Additional notes:
Running warm water was used for all washes. In each wash or rinse,  hair was rubbed gently to simulate normal hair washing. Shampoo - Herbal Essences Dazzling Shine Shampoo.

http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 8:15am
^^The apple cider vinegar experiment surprises me. Not that I ever used it with the intent of cleaning my hair per say but it did wonders on my scalp. Helped me control dandruff and gets rid of residue like a charm. Nothing else I've tried every did that, including dandruff shampoo. I'm still not giving it up.
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 11:13am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

^^The apple cider vinegar experiment surprises me. Not that I ever used it with the intent of cleaning my hair per say but it did wonders on my scalp. Helped me control dandruff and gets rid of residue like a charm. Nothing else I've tried every did that, including dandruff shampoo. I'm still not giving it up.

This is an experiment on one person's hair not a collective one so I don't see why anyone would give it up. Nobody should follow anyone else's regimen if their hair is telling them something different. Acv is the easiest way for me to clean my hair along with my shampoo bar, don't care for the liquid, always still ends up halfway cleansed
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 11:22am
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 5:25pm
damn! her hair is laid^^^

i wonder how long all of that took...
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Too cute.

I think I'll try this next saturday.  I had coils when my hair was about 3-5 inches, and haven't had them since.  His texture is pretty close to mine.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Journey94 Journey94 wrote:

That was my hair length before my big chop two months ago. I miss it already.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 8:29pm
I want to avoid heat on my hair til Spring 2014.

Edited by NJHairLuv - Jul 13 2014 at 8:34pm
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 8:35pm
she doesn't want help, she wants to throw shade

But she's thoroughly confused since she wants to look like you

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair