BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Hair Thoughts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 196197198199200 279>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Luffy Wig

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 3.88  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 5:27pm
Sponsored Links

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 6:24pm
i always wanted/planned on having grey hair…

i think its too late now
Butta Cookie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butta Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 9:38pm
Lort. . .please let my bantu knots turn out pretty for the wedding tomorrow. . . Thanks and Amen
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

75?! Whew. CLC, use your usual hair products on wet hair and then try sitting under a blow dryer for about 30 min next time you do curlformers to ensure they are 100% dry before you take them out. You might have to wait until the summer humidity calms down to get a frizz free set.

I have let chlorine and salt water affect my hair lately but it was so worth it lol.

I will be detangling, trimming and DC'ing this weekend before bunning it up.

what products do you use CC?  I'm still waiting for my halp!  I think I used SM curl smoothie and sparklites gel for the last time and it just flopped (I do my twists with those products)

CLC I put about 75 in my hair too--its thick 3c-4b mixture.

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 10:30pm
75?! You too Tbaby?! Eff y'alls thick luxurious hurr.Cry

I use my regular products on wet hair: Aussie Moist conditioner & castor oil to seal. Then put the curlformers in making sure they are dry/set before taking them out. I tried it on semi damp hair and that was a big ol FAIL. Wet hair for the win.
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 8:54am
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 8:54am
Ain't it beautiful
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 5:45am
Crochet braids

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 5:53am

Can you wash your hair with Baking Soda or Apple Cider Vinegar? : A scientific experiment!

So you may recall the last experiments on cowashing and rhassoul/bentonite clay washing which led many of you to ask, why not do it with baking soda and apple cider vinegar (ACV)? Well here are the results!

The Experiment
I used my own shed hair and imaged it:
-on its own without any washing (oily hair sample)
- washed with shampoo only (2 minute water rinse, 2 minute shampoo wash, 2 minute water rinse and air dried for 4 hours)
-washed with baking soda dissolved in water only ( 2 minute water rinse, 2 minute baking soda (pre-mixed with water), 2 minute water rinse and air dried for 4 hours)
-washed with apple cider vinegar only ( 2 minute water rinse, 2 minute apple cider vinegar wash, 2 minute water rinse and air dried for 4 hours)

The Results

1. The Controls - Oily Hair and Shampooed Hair

This paragraph is a bit of self plagiarism (yes you can plagiarise yourself)  - As before - I redid these two controls for this experiment because you always have to have a baseline of what the hair looks like prior to washing and what it looks like with a proper wash. You can therefore judge the baking soda and ACV in context of dirty and clean hair.

Oily Unwashed Natural Hair

Clean Shampooed Natural Hair

2. Baking Soda Wash

I was actually stunned by this. It really did not clean at all. I kind of expected it to somewhat but it really was just a greasy mess. I even decided to soak it in the baking soda mix for 10 minutes and try again but the result was exactly the same

Baking soda wash on natural hair - Still Oily

3. Apple Cider Vinegar Wash

If you thought the baking soda wash was bad, well meet the ACV wash. I think the hair actually looked oilier after washing than before. Once more I soaked it for 10 minutes to give it a chance and the result was just a bit better.

ACV wash - Can you believe this oil coated hair is washed?

ACV washed hair - 10 minutes - Still oily but less so.

Additional notes:
Running warm water was used for all washes. In each wash or rinse,  hair was rubbed gently to simulate normal hair washing. Shampoo - Herbal Essences Dazzling Shine Shampoo.

http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
EvaWigs
Nor-ahs Unique Blends
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 196197198199200 279>
  Share Topic