Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Random Hair Thoughts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 190191192193194 212>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 3.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 10:49am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

So I got that Hairmax laser gadget in the mail and in the booklet it says that the device has not been tested on people with darker skin but that it doesn't mean it won't work on us. Why do they not EVER take us into consideration? I'm debating whether I should give this a chance or send it back. That thing was expensive.

I would be scared to fool with that. I'd be worried it's like the hair removal lasers, where people of color have to use a certain one.

Have you tried YouTubing to see if anyone of color has tried it?

Edited by ShadyLady - Jun 25 2014 at 10:53am
Sponsored Links

ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 10:53am
In one ear and out the other. I refuse to take hair advice from someone who wears one of those bulky ass, beauty supply store, synthetic lacefronts that has no part.

Especially when it's stupid advice anyway.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:57am
Picked up some Cholesterol and coconut oil today.....finna do a DC
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:04am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

So I got that Hairmax laser gadget in the mail and in the booklet it says that the device has not been tested on people with darker skin but that it doesn't mean it won't work on us. Why do they not EVER take us into consideration? I'm debating whether I should give this a chance or send it back. That thing was expensive.

I would be scared to fool with that. I'd be worried it's like the hair removal lasers, where people of color have to use a certain one.

Have you tried YouTubing to see if anyone of color has tried it?

I hadn't thought of that. But I'm thinking the most it could do is give me some hyperpigmentation on my scalp? That wouldn't really be all that noticeable...

I haven't checked Youtube. I'll do that.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:11am
So far no blacks on YouTube. Here's a feature of the device on The Doctors though. I think I'm gonna persevere with this.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 26 2014 at 10:12am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:18am
I found this on a UK  hair loss clinic website. Then again, I do understand that they are advertising. But the claim is encouraging. I like that it's FDA approved.

LaserCombWe receive a lot of questions from those who read the booklet that comes with the HairMax LaserComb, about its effectiveness on skin types 5 (dark / middle-eastern skin) and 6 (black skin). The booklet states that the comb has not been tested on these skin types.

“it works fine on all skin tones and hair types”

The Belgravia Centre has been in contact with Randy Veliky, director of clinical research at HairMax, to ask if the LaserComb can be used on such skin types. Randy told us, “We did not test it on dark skin because it was too difficult to count the dark hairs on the dark skin. It works just fine on all skin tones and hair types. We have many African / dark skinned customers that see very positive results. We find it works especially well on traction alopecia from afro styles that are braided too tightly.”

As hair loss is caused by the same biological mechanisms in people of all skin types, the effectiveness of the HairMax LaserComb (and other clinically proven treatments) should not differ between them. Below you can view the Fitzpatrick skin type classification guide (found in the booklet) for the HairMax LaserComb.

LaserComb Fitzpatrick Skin Classification Guide

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 26 2014 at 10:23am
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:08am
I want a brush cut!!!
Like a NY Caesar cut where there is barely any hair, pretty much just a shadow of hair (See photo of JayZ's hair below). I have to wait til after my family reunion in late July. I'll see if I still want it by then or if I am on to the next hair urge by then lol

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:11am
 i want a messy bob...
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:32am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

my hair feels soooo much better. 

its really like day and night from this morning til now.. 

brillo pad bush to plush cotton 

So you're just going to leave it like that and not say exactly what you did Ouch

I DCd last night and burned dinner fooling with it and my hair still had the nerve to say so what

just now seeing this. 

i just did a hot oil treatment. 
my hair is back to feeling rough.. i didnt wear a scarf the past few nights. 
i need to work on consistency 

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:34am
i want a bob too… 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 190191192193194 212>