Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Random Hair Thoughts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 167168169170171 212>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 3.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 11:58pm
I want big fluffy bouncy curls. I have to find those huge rollers. This will be my first roller set....

Edited by iBetYouhNvNika - Jun 04 2014 at 11:58pm
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 9:25am
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:54pm
5 Conditioners for Protein Sensitive Hair
Share Button

For naturals who consider their hair sensitive to protein, the general advice in seeking out proteins in ingredient labels is to look for three main words

-amino acid (e.g silk amino acids)

-protein (e.g soy protein)

-hydrolysed/hydrolyzed (e.g hydrolyzed keratin)

This is generally a good guide, but sometimes it may not be easy to spot proteins for example Herbal Essences Hello Hydration and Aussie Moist both have glutamic acid which is an amino acid. Tresemme Naturals Nourishing conditioner contains lauroyl lysine and lysine is also an amino acid. Would you have thought any of these three products actually included protein elements?

Navigating through the aisles may not be easy, unless you can recognize amino acids by name. I therefore had a look around current ingredient labels of popular products and picked out 5 that are protein free*. Please always read the label of the product you purchase as manufacturers can switch up ingredients.

1. VO5 moisture milk – Strawberries and Cream

vO5 moisture milk

This a popular cheapie for many naturals to use for detangling. I have included it in the list as I think the ingredients label does not have any major protein sources. There is soy extract listed but this generally refers to some fatty acids rather than soy protein so I have given it the benefit of doubt. However, if you are not as willing to turn a blind eye, then eliminate it from your rotation should it be a problem

2. Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment

jessicurl deep conditioning

This conditioner has a rich mix of oils in water and aloe juice. The ingredient label also has a soy extract but it is specified as soy lecithin which is in direct reference to the fatty acids I discussed previously. I have therefore more confidence in labeling this particular conditioner okay for protein sensitive hair.

3. Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner

aubrey organics honeysuckle

This is a firm favorite among many naturals and this particular conditioner from the Aubrey Organics range is protein free. It has a mix of mostly oils, some alcohol and water with a long list of fruit extracts.

4. Yes to Carrots Pampering conditioner

yes-to-carrots-conditioner

Based on the ingredients label, this is a pretty oil rich hair conditioner. It does have wheat germ oil which is quite different from wheat protein. Overall, I cannot see any protein or protein derivatives on this particular product.

5. Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Conditioner

giovani 50 50

Quite a few of the Giovanni range of conditioners contain hydrolyzed wheat protein e.g Giovanni Smooth as Silk. The 50:50 conditioner does list soy extract, but does not specify this as a protein therefore I am happy to suggest it as a possibility for protein sensitive naturals

*It is always possible to find trace amounts of protein in any product. The purpose of this list is just as a guide to products that do not have protein or protein derivatives on the bottle.

http://blackgirllonghair.com/2014/06/5-conditioners-for-protein-sensitive-hair/

Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

And thisw is just amazing...

I decided to read the entire thread nowLOL made my way to pg 37...
Vids on using scarves!!! YAY! Reposting for newcomers to the thread like me.

My bantu knots from last week are on their last leg today.  Gotta wash and 2 strand twist tonite.

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:18pm

2. Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment

jessicurl deep conditioning

I'm currently using this (I'm not protein sensitive though). I like it a lot. It's creamy texture is a good indicator of what it actually does, unlike Aubrey Organics HR. I find that the latter's texture is the stuff of dreams but when I put it on my hair, that doesn't actually translate into slip. I know it's a crowd pleaser but my hair is underwhelmed by it. I guess everyone's hair is different.

Edit: Made a mistake. I'm using the Too Shea extra moisturizing conditioner by JessiCurl. I need to try this!

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 05 2014 at 1:21pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:53pm
A few years ago I tried giovanni conditioner a few times before tossing it...I was disappointed after the innanets hyped it up.LOL

Scarf videos! I keep forgetting to try them.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:57pm
Ive been rocking a goddess twist with a scarf this past week.

I need to hit up the fabric store ti make more
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

A few years ago I tried giovanni conditioner a few times before tossing it...I was disappointed after the innanets hyped it up.LOL

Scarf videos! I keep forgetting to try them.

i dont even know what this meanLOL
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 3:13pm
Tatee!LOL

It was hard to do but I was so irritated that it did nothing for my hair that a regular bottle of bad conditioner couldn't do.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 5:37pm
CC I thought it was me......me hair was like nah......you may as well bring the V05 back lmao.....my weave didn't even like it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 167168169170171 212>
  Share Topic