BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Random Hair Thoughts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 166167168169170 224>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 3.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Coconut oil is a great oil and their are a lot of benefits of using it.
However it's not a magic elixir.

I don't want you to be disappointed Ms. DIOR

thanks Jonesable.... I will see if it does do anything by the end of July...i marked my calendar to see if any growth was made...
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Journey94 Journey94 wrote:

Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

i went to GNC AND  purchased Nutiva Coconut oil for my hair...read up on so many reviews of how coconut seriously makes one hair grows...it better do something...I did the Megatek thing and that was a complete joke...hair pills ain;t helping at all....I have 2 bald spots on top of my  headLOLand if this coconut oil  don't pan out, i am wiggin it out..trying to get my hair to grow so i won't resort to wearing wigs at all...but if i have to so be it...

No product makes your hair grow. Growth is a natural occurrence, product or not it'll still grow unless you have a scalp condition. If so that would mean you need to see your dermatologist. However if you're talking about retaining the length you grow, you simply give extra care to your ends. Consistently moisturizing & sealing your ends as well as keeping them tucked away in protective styles help. Or just keeping your hair off your shoulders and rubbing against your clothes which can lead to breakage.

my hair ...I can't even put it in a ponytail...hightop or low...one minute i can ponytail it..(well a little knot) and the next ....it's where did my effin hair go???so sick of it...as everyone on here knows i am taking femhrt but the dosage is really low...

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Yeah I would recommend seeing a dermatologist....are you taking blood pressure meds? They thin hair out as well.......coconut oil won't help with that.......castor and rosemary may help but you need to get to the root of the problem.....

no blood pressure meds here...people are always saying  "don't apply heat, don't over condition it, co- wash, do this and do that...I would read and follow those ideas/suggestions and nada, zilch, nothing at all...i have been natural for over 10 years or more...i will have to see a dermatologist but i can't be on so many freakin meds for this and that...

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 3:23pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0vJPiiyqDc&r=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0vJPiiyqDc&r=1

Edited by tatee - Jun 04 2014 at 4:58am
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 12:29am
Thumbs Up

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 12:30am
tatee I'ma need you to better. That link don't work. LOL

Edited by liesnalibis - Jun 04 2014 at 12:32am
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:53am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

tatee I'ma need you to better. That link don't work. LOL

man, firefox and youtube arent compatible for me any more and theyre fuccing up my whole bhm lifeLOL
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:13am

Detangling Natural Hair- Frequency and Length Retention

Detangling
For many of us, it might as well be a four letter word. Some of us avoid it until our hair is on the brink of disaster, while others may do some form of it a few times a week or even daily. We all know the dangers of pushing detangling sessions too far back -- from breakage and matting to cutting out clumps of knots. But what about detangling too frequently? Is there a such thing as doing too much detangling?

There's an old adage that says, too much of anything is bad for you. By and large, that tends to be true. Detangling is great for releasing shed hairs, making the removal of buildup easier, and not to mention, it is the cornerstone of every fabulous natural hair style. But when done too often, detangling can lead to the following:

HYGRAL FATIGUE
Every time we douse our hair in water, the shaft expands to accommodate the uptake in water. As it dries, the shaft contracts and returns to normal. This is a regular thing for all hair, and does not typically cause damage--except for when done in excess. Constant expansion and contraction (from doing daily wash and go's or daily soaking wet detangling) can cause damage to the cuticles and cortex of the hair, weakening them to the point of premature breakage. This does not mean that you should avoid moisture at all costs -- just pull back to spritzes of water or a refresher, or light moisturizers and creams instead of dunking your hair in water. The best way to tell if you have hygral fatigue is to take a few strands of hair the next time you wet it, and pull them gently. If your hair springs right back to its kinky, coily, or curly self, then you're good to go. If the hair takes a while to retract back (like an overstretched scrunchie), or just breaks in your hand, you've got hygral fatigue.

EXCESSIVE CUTICLE WEAR/THINNING ENDS
Another pitfall of excessive manipulation via detangling is wear on the cuticles -- especially the ends. Every time we touch our hair, we take a little cuticle with us. So even if you're doing the most gentle, coconut oil-only, 3 hour painstakingly slow detangling session, you're still causing your hair damage. When done on a regular basis (not excessive), the results should not significantly impact your hair health and length retention. But if your hands are in your hair detangling constantly, expect every move of a comb, fingers, or denman to chip away at the cuticle of your hair. You may not notice it at first, but gradually the ends will begin to thin out and look wiry.

You may even find that your hair is having difficulty retaining moisture, because excessive detangling/combing has led to chipped cuticles along the shaft, causing moisture to be lost. If it's not too late, cut back on detangling and combing sessions now. To prevent further damage, begin incorporating protein treatments (like Eva NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask, Hydratherma Naturals Amino Plus Protein Deep Conditioner, or ApHogee Curlific Texture Treatment) into your deep conditioning regimen, and use leave-ins with protein (like It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin, and ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer Spray) to help patch up the cuticle.

http://www.curlynikki.com/2014/06/detangling-natural-hair-frequency-and.html

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:15am

great post tatee

sigh I need to keep my hands out of my hair
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 11:44pm
So beautiful

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style