Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Random Hair Thoughts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 231>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 3.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 11:22am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by aNgElIc*SoUl aNgElIc*SoUl wrote:

What shampoos are you ladies using?

I ran out of my Keracare ,so I had to use some Pantene I had in the back of my sink. I finally saw the light and realized that soap is soap
I've been wasting money all this time

I MUST have my salon quality conditioners, and styling products, but this shampoo budget is about to be shrunken.

Nah....I use sulfate free Kera Care but recently Ive just been co washing with Vo5......qp elasta use to make a decent shampoo

You're right, I'm sticking with Keracare. I finished my hair and it looks nappy af, and I just relaxed not even two weeks ago. I guess there is a difference.
Sponsored Links

aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 11:26am
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

I am a co-washer, but when I shampoo, i use these:

CHI Nourish Silk Shampoo Intense Hydrating Hair Bath
*  CHI INFRA TREATMENT SHAMPOO

Chi shampoos dried the heck out of my hair when I tried them
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 11:34am

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

I am a co-washer, but when I shampoo, i use these:

CHI Nourish Silk Shampoo Intense Hydrating Hair Bath
*  CHI INFRA TREATMENT SHAMPOO

Chi shampoos dried the heck out of my hair when I tried them

they have now updated to make it sulfate free.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 11:47am

I ran out of my Keracare ,so I had to use some Pantene I had in the back of my sink. I finally saw the light and realized that soap is soap
I've been wasting money all this time

I MUST have my salon quality conditioners, and styling products, but this shampoo budget is about to be shrunken.

Nah....I use sulfate free Kera Care but recently Ive just been co washing with Vo5......qp elasta use to make a decent shampoo

You're right, I'm sticking with Keracare. I finished my hair and it looks nappy af, and I just relaxed not even two weeks ago. I guess there is a difference.

I love their products.....especially with my hair ovine moisture like it does.......
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 12:27am
i went to GNC AND  purchased Nutiva Coconut oil for my hair...read up on so many reviews of how coconut seriously makes one hair grows...it better do something...I did the Megatek thing and that was a complete joke...hair pills ain;t helping at all....I have 2 bald spots on top of my  headLOLand if this coconut oil  don't pan out, i am wiggin it out..trying to get my hair to grow so i won't resort to wearing wigs at all...but if i have to so be it...
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 9:15am
Coconut oil is a great oil and their are a lot of benefits of using it.
However it's not a magic elixir.

I don't want you to be disappointed Ms. DIOR
Butta Cookie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butta Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 9:25am
Bantu knotted my head with some CC's natural and Vanilla Shea butter from somebody last nights. Let see what happens when I take it down.
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 11:33am
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

i went to GNC AND  purchased Nutiva Coconut oil for my hair...read up on so many reviews of how coconut seriously makes one hair grows...it better do something...I did the Megatek thing and that was a complete joke...hair pills ain;t helping at all....I have 2 bald spots on top of my  headLOLand if this coconut oil  don't pan out, i am wiggin it out..trying to get my hair to grow so i won't resort to wearing wigs at all...but if i have to so be it...

No product makes your hair grow. Growth is a natural occurrence, product or not it'll still grow unless you have a scalp condition. If so that would mean you need to see your dermatologist. However if you're talking about retaining the length you grow, you simply give extra care to your ends. Consistently moisturizing & sealing your ends as well as keeping them tucked away in protective styles help. Or just keeping your hair off your shoulders and rubbing against your clothes which can lead to breakage.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 12:26pm
Yeah I would recommend seeing a dermatologist....are you taking blood pressure meds? They thin hair out as well.......coconut oil won't help with that.......castor and rosemary may help but you need to get to the root of the problem.....
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 12:36pm

Yeah I would recommend seeing a dermatologist....are you taking blood pressure meds? They thin hair out as well.......coconut oil won't help with that.......castor and rosemary may help but you need to get to the root of the problem.....
I c u Sandra.LOL

I agree with everyone. Set up an appt with a dermatologist or primary care doc. In the mean time, moisturize & seal often (especially those fragile ends) and get familiar with low manipulation hairstyles and protective styles. It might not solve your hair problem but it won't hurt while you wait to see a doctor about it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 231>
  Share Topic