BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Random Hair Thoughts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 224>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 3.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 9:24am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Speaking of...listen to her disclaimer lol. I'm sure she gets questions/comments that are beyond pathetic.

This was back when she used to speak the real. She sold out a while ago though.

Yeah she's who I got the cg method from, in short she was trying to say your hair is not gonna look like mine if you do this lol. And I got that, I did it to try something new away from my bad hair practices. Her newer videos are advertisements now, and I heard she charges for hair tips.
Sponsored Links

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 12:17pm
Tightly coiled hair, flat noses and very flat lips are the most hated attributes on this planet for no fuking reason.

I see little kids, male & female being treated badly (verbally) because after being on the playground playing or playing freely in the park or pool, their hair rolls up like this (see photos below). NO ONE EVER STANDS UP ANDSAYS, damm, it is the nature of our beautiful hair for the coils to become more tightly coiled when we perspire on the scalp, of course the little's child's hair will pill up into teeny tiny coils. Nooo, people say 'why didnt your daddy get your hair cut? Where is your brush? No one taught you to brush your hair? What kind of mother doesnt brush & brush her child's hair? When a child with a more smooth curl pattern is in the same playground and their hair coils up, its 'oohh he/she has some curly hair! Little heart breaker!Clap). THENNN the same negative logic unfolds when the child grows to adulthood - they dont realize that the nature of their hair is to coil up tightly with some people having hair without high sheen.

I thank the ancestors that I was born in the 1970s in a pro-black, pan-African, enlightened environment where 4c was nothing to lecture about and the most that a person would say about a 'nappy' afro was , "You were blessed with a head full of hair!Thumbs Up" which is very different from the current culture of those naturals that hate nappy that are piling balms & butters onto the hair then twisting and untwisting the hair obsessively not just for style, but also for fear that someone is going to realize just how 'nappy' their hair really is.

I love my hair. I love my Momma & Daddy's nappy hair and I will love my future little babies nappy hair. I really dont discuss natural hair in person much or watch the youtube vids much b/c they tend to veer into an awkward direction of people bashing their own hair as being dry and unmanageable and then raving about a more sleek coily curl. I lose respect when I see that happen. It is sad and I cant relate.

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Here are the results. These things were heavy as shiz. Next time I will definitely use a hooded dryer so I don't have to keep them in as long. I did use my blow dryer though.

your formers remind me of cyber locs

LoL thanks? LOL

Originally posted by Journey94 Journey94 wrote:

Her having to explain this makes me wonder what people think 4c hair looks like. I keep repeating, 4c is not a catch all phrase for f*cked up, nappy hair. (glamfun, anyone?)

[TUBE]FOHm]

That's how that use it though, 4c= tragic dry matted unmanageable hair. That's not what it is. My cousin on my dads side has 4c hair and when we were having a get together I touched her hair & it felt like butter lol. Soft smooth & had a high sheen. It just had no curl or visible coil. Then people with mixed types 3 & 4 call their 4 unmanageable "problem sections" um unless your hair is a different texture in that spot or a different porosity it's not a problem section. Your only problem is you want it to curl like your type 3 section but it can't. It's never going to curl like the rest.

I have a 4c cousin and her hair is finer than mine. Even when she had a relaxer her hair was always very fine and cooperative. Very soft, the tiny curl pattern has nothing to do with the feel of the hair.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Journey94 Journey94 wrote:

Speaking of...listen to her disclaimer lol. I'm sure she gets questions/comments that are beyond pathetic.

This was back when she used to speak the real. She sold out a while ago though.

Yeah she's who I got the cg method from, in short she was trying to say your hair is not gonna look like mine if you do this lol. And I got that, I did it to try something new away from my bad hair practices. Her newer videos are advertisements now, and I heard she charges for hair tips.

Yep. And I don't believe for one second she put that Shea Moisture straightening line in her hair. She been smarter than that not to mention she don't need it. But I guess for enough money people will say anything.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Tightly coiled hair, flat noses and very flat lips are the most hated attributes on this planet for no fuking reason.

I see little kids, male & female being treated badly (verbally) because after being on the playground playing or playing freely in the park or pool, their hair rolls up like this (see photos below). NO ONE EVER STANDS UP ANDSAYS, damm, it is the nature of our beautiful hair for the coils to become more tightly coiled when we perspire on the scalp, of course the little's child's hair will pill up into teeny tiny coils. Nooo, people say 'why didnt your daddy get your hair cut? Where is your brush? No one taught you to brush your hair? What kind of mother doesnt brush & brush her child's hair? When a child with a more smooth curl pattern is in the same playground and their hair coils up, its 'oohh he/she has some curly hair! Little heart breaker!Clap). THENNN the same negative logic unfolds when the child grows to adulthood - they dont realize that the nature of their hair is to coil up tightly with some people having hair without high sheen.

OMG looking back on it you are so right. People looked at kinky hair as a form of neglect. My mom made me brush my little brother's hair every morning before she dropped us off at school and get a haircut every week. Once when he was younger he asked if he could grow his hair out and she said no because he was gon look too ugly. He has always been a handsome baby faced boy and looks something like Usher. Now he gets a haircut like twice a week. I told him he should grow his hair out like Usher because kinks are the thing now and he said he'd think about it.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 1:41am
My hair was all over my head today and I had to leave then I remembered I had all these pretty scarves I bought from ebay last year, only one of which I've tried so far. I keep forgetting I bought all those scarves and even more from Walgreens and a bunch of beanies for bad hair days. I really want to use them more because the head wrap came out really nice. I paired it with some dangly wooden earrings. It was a soft brown to go with what I was wearing but I have all different colors. I should use them more to give my hair a break. They're really a hairstyle all by themselves.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 7:53am
the last three products i purchased and enjoyed on my hair cost a dollar each.  i love that my hair isnt fancy and too demandingLOL
cuz i'd snatch a beachStern Smile
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 7:58am
the dumbest "article" I've read in a whileStern Smile

I went ahead and bought the pomade (as I was gonna do anyway..I was just scanning the web for reviews) and it works really well
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 8:13am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

the dumbest "article" I've read in a whileStern Smile

I went ahead and bought the pomade (as I was gonna do anyway..I was just scanning the web for reviews) and it works really well

just cuz we read it doesnt mean we're not laughingLOL

i might try that when i run out of the product im using now.  its essentially a wax and ive had it forever from back in my press n'curl days but recently started using it again on my ends.

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 8:31am
LOL
I read it..and I just smh like really now?

anways I love it...the texture is great

...I just used it to seal after I washed my hair yesterday but I'll be using it for styling (in addition to gel) maybe tomorrow

...it smells good too..that's always a bonus
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style