Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Random Hair Thoughts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 216>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 3.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 10:18pm
And y'all wonder why people just relax their hair.......lol.....
Sponsored Links

Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

I forgot where I read this but someone said that the majority of these women who went natural and complain about their texture and try to get it to curl up and wave up, never wanted natural hair in the first place. What they really wanted was fashionably curly hair. 

This. My mom did this. She kept talking about "going natural" I had no idea what she was talking about at first never heard about natural hair and I had to Google it lol

But anyway I noticed she bought all these damn products and began acting "uppity" about natural hair. Talking about "my curls" "my curly hair" that she had no idea if she had. Not surprisingly my mom jumped off the bandwagon after basically being a natural Nazi after she big chopped and didn't have hair like Mahogany. I kept telling her about all the other girls on YouTube but she kept saying "I only watch her" I was trying to help her. I didn't expect to have curly hair or any pattern so I was not disappointed I wanted to rock afro styles. My mother only desired Mahogany's hair and when she didn't have it she tried to and still does throw shade a natural hair like she wasn't just claiming it. My mom is one of those ignorant black folks, I think she thought because Mahogany was not only full black but had dark skin and still had silky curly she just knew she had it if this dark skinned chick did.

But anyway I actually got into natural hair after seeing how good it looked. My mom really thought that because she wasnt going natural anymore that i was gonna follow, she never said it but based on genes she would assume we had the same hair and didnt want me walking around nappy headed. I didn't cream my pants when I saw my curl pattern because I didn't care from the jump. Funny thing is I think my mom actually does have a loose texture she just had scab hair. She just didn't want to deal with it. I'm glad she's relaxed though, I would have to go everyday hearing her talk about "her fine silky curls blah blah blah"

But with all that said she was one of the MANY that went natural for silky curly hair and not the right reason which is healthy hair, length retention, and to stop putting harmful chemicals on her scalp to conform to beauty standards. She has a bald spot now from relaxers now as usual smh it's been eating her hair for decades. That's what you call self hate, you won't change your damaging hair practices because you don't want "nappy" hair as if that's a bad thing
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 10:26pm
Good points about not constantly fighting your hair's kinks and frizz. Working with your hair really does make haircare and styling so much easier.Thumbs Up

Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 10:34pm
I truly hate middle parts, irks my soul to see people with them. Weird pet peeve lol
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 12:24am
Speaking of...listen to her disclaimer lol. I'm sure she gets questions/comments that are beyond pathetic.

This was back when she used to speak the real. She sold out a while ago though.

f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 12:38am
I will admit, sometimes my hair seems to grow slower. I don't like that my hair shrinks it pisses me off. But I am liking my hair more each day real talk. I have always liked really long hair on me though, so I won't rock it till it is where I want it to be. 
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 3:19am
Some of the top comments on one of MC's videos which is probably why she gave the disclaimer. I remember Domin used to block people who came on her channel with coonery lol. Heart

am I the only person who can wash her hair and it looks cute when wet its when its dry it afros out, gets hard to comb!!!!!!!!

ok I have two questions! first do you do that everyday like wash your hair with the conditioner everyday? and what did you do to get your hair to that point? like how did your curls get so nice? ugh just love your hair

Oh Jess, do u have your license yet be I cannot get the hang of the wash and go. I do the steps but my hair dries with so much shrinkage. Straight my hair is bra strap but when I do wash and go it's like 3 inches long. Any suggestions? I'm considering ways to loosen mu curls pattern at this point

sooo...u dont use shampoo at all? and how often do u wash ur hair? i want my hair just like this!!

I know that's right!! Educate the fools who think only mixed people have good hair. I am 100% African American and my hair is so curly I can't really do much with it in the way of keeping a style very long. I look like a fair skinned black woman but because of my hair I get asked what color I am. I grew up in a family where we all have cold dark black hair and it's very long so it's nothing new to me but it's wired how other people will assume you must be mixed just because of that small factor!

what is your hair type? and also are you mixed with anything?
 · 

Stream

let me try air drying. hopefully my hair wont turn out in a afro!
 · 

yeah. My hair would turn into an afro, I won't have those curls lol

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 3:40am
Her having to explain this makes me wonder what people think 4c hair looks like. I keep repeating, 4c is not a catch all phrase for f*cked up, nappy hair. (glamfun, anyone?)

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 4:17am

Here are the results. These things were heavy as shiz. Next time I will definitely use a hooded dryer so I don't have to keep them in as long. I did use my blow dryer though.

your formers remind me of cyber locs.
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 9:14am

Her having to explain this makes me wonder what people think 4c hair looks like. I keep repeating, 4c is not a catch all phrase for f*cked up, nappy hair. (glamfun, anyone?)

[TUBE]FOHm]

That's how that use it though, 4c= tragic dry matted unmanageable hair. That's not what it is. My cousin on my dads side has 4c hair and when we were having a get together I touched her hair & it felt like butter lol. Soft smooth & had a high sheen. It just had no curl or visible coil. Then people with mixed types 3 & 4 call their 4 unmanageable "problem sections" um unless your hair is a different texture in that spot or a different porosity it's not a problem section. Your only problem is you want it to curl like your type 3 section but it can't. It's never going to curl like the rest.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 216>