Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Hair Thoughts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 125126127128129 226>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 3.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 11:37am
Her ends are not in the best shape.....
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 1:56pm
i understand and agree with her assessment but i think it weird that she doesnt see she's part of the problem.  people pay so close attention to other people's hair that they dont take time to fall in love with their own.  you cant love you hair when you have one eye evaluating someones elses and coming to the conclusion that yours isnt enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4jP1rJ1qXM&r=1

heres the video she's responding to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fggV0oVNhm8&r=1
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 3:57pm
Wow...they seem to have a lot of animosity in those videos, especially that Jourlzy girl.

Love your hair, and fukc who doesn't.

She seems unnecessarily mad, and has this weird sense of entitlement to views and free products.

I do agree that people do aspire to hair types nothing like theirs, and companies could market more to people with kinkier textures...other than that...that video rubbed me the wrong way.
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 6:05pm
Thank god I have big hair. I decided to do a slick back bun and realized I have the same funny shaped head as my brother . All sorts of hills and dips and bumps, man my head shape is crazy.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 6:31pm
kimmaytube's hair looks great.
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Wow...they seem to have a lot of animosity in those videos, especially that Jourlzy girl.

Love your hair, and fukc who doesn't.

She seems unnecessarily mad, and has this weird sense of entitlement to views and free products.

I do agree that people do aspire to hair types nothing like theirs, and companies cthemd market more to people with kinkier textures...other than that...that video rubbed me the wrong way.

I didn't see it as a sense of entitlement, she's saying she paid her dues just like the rest of these girls but they get called on to be partnered with companies & events. Her whole point is that she's doing this for girls with her hair type & trying to spread info & help but she's not getting the backing from people to expand like these other girls that honestly don't do anything but a wash regimen videos over & over, even the ones with less views than her get called to represent simply because of hair type.

And about the desire for someone else's hair type. I remember denimpixie/Elle/quest for the perfect curl, making a blog post and video about women getting mad at her because the product "didn't work". The kicker is, they never said the products didn't moisturize or soften, they were complaining it wasn't giving them curl definition. That's one of the reasons she was always a little snarky in her videos. Products she tried & recommended actually worked as far as moisture on others hair but they're crying about not having curls like her that they never had in the first place. It's ridiculous.

Someone just recently said if you're 100% honest with yourself about your hair type, being natural will be so much more easier. Stop trying to convince yourself that your weighed down with water & conditioner hair is your real hair type and searching high & low for products to keep that look. It's not your hair if it shrinks up into smaller coils eventually, once the weight of the water is gone that's your hair. Stop being delusional. They need to stop convincing themselves " oh I have a section of 3c & 3b" um where?! Come to terms with what you have and you may just learn to love it. Managing your hair type & texture is much easier than trying to manage the texture you're lying to yourself about having. They kill me with these "dime sized" amount product application then complain about dryness, ssk's, & wng's "not working". Stop trying to style your hair like a 2c/3a natural & you wouldn't have these problems.

Sorry for the rant lol
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 8:31pm
I just watched Jouelzy's video. She sounds butthurt. Yeah people discriminate based on hair texture and it's wrong but it's always been that way. I think the reasons Naptural85 and MahoganyCurls are so popular is not because of their hairstyles or the universality of the content on their channels but rather specifically because of their silky hair textures. People like looking at it. They are pretty much getting paid to come on youtube and play in their hair for other people to see. Not to say that they don't know their shyt because I think they do, but so do a lot of people on youtube who aren't getting that amount of publicity. But if I may say so I think Jouelzy is part of the problem. First of all she never wears her natural hair texture. She never wears afros, puffs, wash n gos, etc from what I've seen. Everything she does is an attempt to stretch her hair texture. How can she expect to propagate the idea that 4c hair is beautiful if she never wears it out? She must think it needs fixing if she refuses to wear it the way it is. Second of all her hair broke off at the back and she had to cut it. Youtube likes long hair. Youtube likes mystical hair. Youtube don't like no hair that broke off at the back and had to get cut. Another thing is 4c people will come on and rag on their hair about how dry it is, how hard it is to comb, how kinky it is, just generally things that make it seem unglamorous and unattractive. MahoganyCurls and Naptural85 never come on and bitch about their hair texture.

I agree with what she said about boycotting these hair companies that don't cater to us. Recently MahoganyCurls was part of a natural hair show and I was thinking of attending because I was in the area at the time but I thought about it and was like ummm no. All these people paying $75 to go there and see her because she has "good hair," point blank period. Neither her nor her hair ain't gon do a damn thing for nobody in that audience but they know they can charge people to come see her because she has long silky hair. What kinda shyt? And damn near everybody in the audience, 8/10 of them gon be a type 4 giving up their money. Would the show have paid a type 4 sista to help host the event? Would the same number of people have paid their hard earned money to go see her? I don't think so. The natural hair hierarchy is a reflection of our colorist society as a whole so you really can't expect much better. But no I do not spend my money on companies that do not use people with my hair type to advertise their products. I ain't buying no Curls, Miss Jessie's, Carol's Daughter Mixed Chicks, Mixed Roots, nothing like that. It seems like as soon as we come up with a way to celebrate being ourselves they will come up with a way to divide us and rub in "mixed is better" or "whiter is better." Glamfun was putting $30-$60 Miss Jessie's in her nappy head and it still fell out and she ended up relaxing it. Y'all better stop financing these people or they will never respect you.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 8:49pm
Kinksgalore talk a lotta smack but she always got a wig on her head...

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 9:10pm
I forgot where I read this but someone said that the majority of these women who went natural and complain about their texture and try to get it to curl up and wave up, never wanted natural hair in the first place. What they really wanted was fashionably curly hair. 
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 9:47pm
^Naptural & Mahogany have nothing to complain about their texture though lol Mahogany knows and has said even when her hair feels like crap (dry etc products didn't work) her hair still looks good. Naptural is simplistic, and gives me "boho" type of girl, she really is "natural" in all aspects. She actually doesn't care when he hair looks dry or dreaded up (she stretches out the time she wears her curlformers because she said she likes that it looks like locs) she doesn't complain since she like the tamed and frizzy look.

But anyway great points. Especially that glamfun part, that girl spent at least $200 on Miss Jessie's products & relaxed months later. Stop supporting companies that aren't here for you. The only time MJ's marketed to black women with kinky hair is when they had that whole "turn kinks into curls" thing (they do texturizer in their salons to give nappy girls curly hair).

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style