BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Random Hair Thoughts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 220>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 3.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 10:36pm
I really enjoyed this. LOL

Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 10:39pm
Lush

ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 10:39pm
I meant to come thank IslandSuga and CC. Thanks for reminding me about Aussie Moist...my hair is in love with it.

I took it a step further and did CC's water with a lil AM in it, and my hair is so soft, I'm only having to moisturize every few days, and my twist outs are extra defined! I don't even bother with the AliKay stuff I got just before the AM.

I even have my dry scalp under control with old school Sulfur 8, but it stinks so bad that I really need to find another alternative.
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 7:43am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

I meant to come thank IslandSuga and CC. Thanks for reminding me about Aussie Moist...my hair is in love with it.

I took it a step further and did CC's water with a lil AM in it, and my hair is so soft, I'm only having to moisturize every few days, and my twist outs are extra defined! I don't even bother with the AliKay stuff I got just before the AM.

I even have my dry scalp under control with old school Sulfur 8, but it stinks so bad that I really need to find another alternative.

yw I went to some store yesterday and saw a gang of AM... only one regular conditioner tho I cant find it at the family dollar by me.. I hope they aren't discontinuing. I was so excited to find the conditioner that I didn't get shampoo

I need some glueless wigs... cowash, braid it up like netty then slap on a wig until I get my moisture under control
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 2:12pm

How Much Coconut Oil Does Hair Absorb?

via TheBeautyBrains

Here’s more good news for lovers of natural hair care products.

Coconut oil penetrates hair

I'm sure you already know about how coconut oil is one of the few natural oils that has been proven to penetrate deep inside the hair where it can strengthen from within. The problem has been there has been no way to quantify how much oil actually gets inside the hair. A 2012 research paper documents a new method involving radioactively labeled coconut oil that can now measure how much oil actually gets inside hair.

This new method used a scintillation fluid to radioactively tag the coconut oil. (BTW, Sarah Bellum thought the phrase “scintillation fluid” sounded dirty.) The researchers were then able to track how much of the oil actually penetrated into the hair versus how much stayed on the surface.

The research (although small-scale and preliminary) shows that hair can absorb around 15% of its weight in coconut oil in an hour. An overnight soaking oil (six hours) increases absorption to around 20% or 25%.

With this new method validated, the researchers hope to expand the scope of their work to include other types of oils. In the meantime you can take solace in the fact that coconut oil has been once again validated as an effective natural hair care ingredient.

Reference: Quantitative measurement of the penetration of coconut oil into human hair using radio-labeled coconut oil. JSCC, 2012, Vol 63.

http://www.curlynikki.com/2014/04/how-much-coconut-oil-does-hair-absorb.html

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 2:28pm
I have on my Italian Yaki deep side part u-part wig today. My hair looks hot to deathhhhApprove
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 2:38pm
I might be going out of town for the weekend. If I do these twists will probably get taken down. I don't know if I have the energy to set my hair though. I could wear that big afro twistout I had in my avi a few weeks ago.

Edited by liesnalibis - Apr 28 2014 at 3:03pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 2:39pm
I forgot coconut oil makes my hair hard. I could have just used that when I was suffering from moisture overload instead of going out and buying protein.
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

I really enjoyed this. LOL

I forgot how I came across his videos but I like watching his videos. It's nice to see a dude interested in taking care of his hair.
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 3:00pm
I kind of want to flat iron my hair to see how long it is but I think I will wait until it's longer to do so. Plus I already know it will be a task unless I stretch my hair first before doing so. 

The one time I tried flat ironing one strip of my hair to see how long it was it really didn't straighten at all. While I don't want my hair to be bone straight I don't want to damage my hair by having to pass the flat iron through my hair multiple times just to get any type of straightness. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 220>
  Share Topic