BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Hair Thoughts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 211>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 3.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 1:49pm
I was just complaining this week because my wet hair looked the same length as it did last year. But then I stretched it down by back and realized it has grown. *shakes fist at shrinkage god*

Aussie Moist + castor oil still agrees with my hair. I'm getting great definition and whenever I mist it or cowash, it feels like I DC'd it. I wish I tried it years ago.Thumbs Up
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

i think i finally figured out how to keep those ssk at bay. yeah, and i know other people probably already figured this sh*t bit im always late as hell.  during the twisting process when i get to the end i roll the hair with my fingers creating a tight coil.  after it dries and i separate the twist i just keep the coils at the end intact.  i keep the ends undisturbed regardless of the style either until the next washing or next twisting session.

LoL yeah I do this. I'm not sure it helps single strand knots though.

no but it has for me.  a couple of months ago my ssk were massive.  i started coiling my end 2 months ago and straightened my hair last month i only had few. and ive tried a few things like ribbon braid outs, curling the ends, the tension  method and so far this has worked out the best for me.
im not saying that it will work for anybody else (quite frankly, kinda wouldnt care all that much).  its just working really well for me.Thumbs Up i's happy
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 1:55pm
I don't know why I am being lazy. My hair would be so easy to wash and treat in these braids.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 2:01pm

i think i finally figured out how to keep those ssk at bay. yeah, and i know other people probably already figured this sh*t bit im always late as hell.  during the twisting process when i get to the end i roll the hair with my fingers creating a tight coil.  after it dries and i separate the twist i just keep the coils at the end intact.  i keep the ends undisturbed regardless of the style either until the next washing or next twisting session.

LoL yeah I do this. I'm not sure it helps single strand knots though.

no but it has for me.  a couple of months ago my ssk were massive.  i started coiling my end 2 months ago and straightened my hair last month i only had few. and ive tried a few things like ribbon braid outs, curling the ends, the tension  method and so far this has worked out the best for me.
im not saying that it will work for anybody else (quite frankly, kinda wouldnt care all that much).  its just working really well for me.Thumbs Up i's happy

LoL well you don't mind being frank.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 2:01pm
oh that reminds me.  you asked a while back if anyone used crisco.  i havent but ive been thinking about using it or unsalted butter lately.  i always whip of batches of curling pudding but trying different oil bases.  by last batch was made with shea butter and the batch before that was made with cocoa butter and they both left flakes if the hair wasnt fully saturated.  so now im thinking of trying either crisco or unsalted butter but im leaning more toward crisco since ive been having really good results with soybean oil as a prepoo and oil rinsing. 
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 2:06pm

Edited by liesnalibis - Mar 22 2014 at 2:10pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 2:09pm

oh that reminds me.  you asked a while back if anyone used crisco.  i havent but ive been thinking about using it or unsalted butter lately.  i always whip of batches of curling pudding but trying different oil bases.  by last batch was made with shea butter and the batch before that was made with cocoa butter and they both left flakes if the hair wasnt fully saturated.  so now im thinking of trying either crisco or unsalted butter but im leaning more toward crisco since ive been having really good results with soybean oil as a prepoo and oil rinsing. 

What else do you put in it? I haven't invented a miracle cream yet.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 2:11pm
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 2:12pm

What else do you put in it? I haven't invented a miracle cream yet.

the other ingredient is proclaim curl activator gel.  it cost around $3 at sally's for 32 oz. but im actually looking for another gel that doesnt contain protein. 

walmart has a Wetline Xtreme hair gel with out protein and im thinking of trying that soon.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 2:13pm
I miss my puuuuuffffff!!!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 211>