BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Hair Thoughts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 211>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 3.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 10:54am
I has to post...for the sake of that baby's head
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 10:55am
nice job lies Thumbs Up

girl did you think that name outLOL

i was thinking about locs for a long time until i just started wearing my funky twists.  i do such a bad job at parting and wetting my hair every day that they end up looking like locs by day 2 anyway.  so for now they satiate the desire. 

sometimes i even regret not doing a big chop and rocking a fade until i check the back of my dome in the mirror and see that bald spot taking a bow.
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 11:05am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 11:09am
@tatee I made that name for a very specific reason lol.

I had some medium size twists last summer/fall that I left in for a month and half or so and retwisted a couple times like dreads. People thought I was locking. These guys that had locs were telling me "Leave them in for bout one more month and they gon be locked, watch." So I get scared and took them out.

Have you tried that ORS Fertlizing Serum? I don't know if you remember my little mishap about a year ago with the too tight half wig. I had a spot in the shape of a straight line a couple inches behind my hairline. It's completely filled in now. At first I was gonna see what it was gonna do on it's own but it was taking too long and the spot was still shiny so I got the serum (just a few months ago). I didn't use it that long but now the spot is gone. Maybe it's a coincidence, maybe not. The hair is like 1 1/2 to 2 inches now. I don't know if it works if you've had the spot for a while but maybe you should try it and see.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 11:24am
no, i havent tried the ORS Fertilizing Serum but you know im bad with commercial products.  i was trying various remedies and then i just got tired of putting things on my scalp.  one area did grow back and i didnt even realize until a few weeks ago but the main spot is still there.

it would probably work in my favor if i thought about it more often and was a little more proactive...oh well.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 11:25am
Originally posted by iBetYouhNvNika iBetYouhNvNika wrote:

Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

dont make the woman bust a capillary
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 11:57am
Nice job Lies...
Im thinkin about yarn braids for my trip.
I never tried yarn before in my hair. I dont need a wig pat down at the Burbank airport .

How did you seal the ends and If you did burn them how does that look after a week?

Thanks Lies and your hair does look good.

On my phone sorry for typo's bew
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 12:05pm
I've never been a hair stylista but here are some pics to give you a better idea of what I'm working with. But the majority of the time I'm sure it'll be hanging just like the first pic I posted.

Always a random braid sticking out LOL

Edited by liesnalibis - Mar 17 2014 at 1:58pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by mommykat mommykat wrote:

Nice job Lies...
Im thinkin about yarn braids for my trip.
I never tried yarn before in my hair. I dont need a wig pat down at the Burbank airport .

How did you seal the ends and If you did burn them how does that look after a week?

Thanks Lies and your hair does look good.

On my phone sorry for typo's bew

Yeah I burned the ends and they look the same after a week. It's not like braids with regular hair, the burned ends really blend in. Another thing that helps is if the hair is slightly damp while you are working with it. That way it has a better grip on the hair at your roots, and you have a better grip on the yarn while you are braiding. It's not constantly slipping out of your fingers. Plus when it comes time to seal the ends it doesn't really burn, just melts slowly enough for you to roll the end and make it smooth. It doesn't get too hot for your fingers and it doesn't turn brown from being burned. So I take the next few pieces I'm working with and mist them lightly with water and that helps a lot.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 12:10pm
lol… they wont pat down your wig MK.. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 211>