Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Random Hair Thoughts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 226>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 3.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 11:14pm
Lol CC.... I have the same small eco styler from 2011 and the same ampro from 2008/09? I gave up on jam years ago. they don't slick sh*t and don't let my edges/roots me thick, I just waste the gel. Gel and scarf, gel and hard bristle brush, gel and jesus, nothing works.

I think that's part of the reason I haven't styled my hair in its kinky curly state... where im going with hard frizzy hair?
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 11:26pm
I'm still interested in locs but with styles like yarn braids it makes you wonder what's the point? It's like switching back and forth and you have more options. When you're sick of your hair you can braid it up and when you miss your hair you can wear it out. I still think I'll end up getting locs eventually, probably not that far off. It'll probably come over me all at once like it did when I decided to big chop.

The other sucky thing is the locking process. You have to wear raggedy two strand twists for months until they start to look like something.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

I started taking Hairfinity today. It has 2500 mcgs of biotin. Hopefully it's not significant enough to break me out...

Let me know how it works.....Im scared....everything irritates my skin....
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

Lol CC.... I have the same small eco styler from 2011 and the same ampro from 2008/09? I gave up on jam years ago. they don't slick sh*t and don't let my edges/roots me thick, I just waste the gel. Gel and scarf, gel and hard bristle brush, gel and jesus, nothing works.

I think that's part of the reason I haven't styled my hair in its kinky curly state... where im going with hard frizzy hair?
Some hair types don't slick with gel at all which is irritating when you see a million and one videos on YT of people slicking their hair with it! If your hair doesn't slick back, it doesn't slick back. You just have to work with the frizz and kink. Be one with the frizz & kink Ming!Wink

You can still use a scarf and product to get rid of the frizz in some styles.

What styles are you trying? How long is your hair?
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 8:23am
you really have to take the time research you own hair and its needs.  people will prey on your laziness for their own benefit with piss poor advice.

i wanna laugh but im to busy shaking my head

http://f3.blackhairmedia.com/frizzy-hair_topic369209.html
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 8:57am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

you really have to take the time research you own hair and its needs.  people will prey on your laziness for their own benefit with piss poor advice.

i wanna laugh but im to busy shaking my head

http://f3.blackhairmedia.com/frizzy-hair_topic369209.html

Po' chile...
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 10:41am
I hate that the ends of my braids are spiky but I don't trust dipping my hair in boiling water. I'm about to saturate the ends in styling foam and scrunch. But here's a pic I took just now. I'll eventually post pics of different styles, etc.

Edited by liesnalibis - Mar 17 2014 at 10:42am
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 10:44am
Anyone familiar with Nubian Heritage products? Made by the Shea Moisture company.....
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 10:54am
I has to post...for the sake of that baby's head
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 10:55am
nice job lies Thumbs Up

girl did you think that name outLOL

i was thinking about locs for a long time until i just started wearing my funky twists.  i do such a bad job at parting and wetting my hair every day that they end up looking like locs by day 2 anyway.  so for now they satiate the desire. 

sometimes i even regret not doing a big chop and rocking a fade until i check the back of my dome in the mirror and see that bald spot taking a bow.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 226>
  Share Topic