Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Hair Thoughts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 120>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 14 Votes, Average 3.71  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 6:41am
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

I remember creme of nature's detangling shampoo from my relaxed days...I wonder if it has sulphatesDisapprove

Creme of Nature revamped their whole line in the past few years. I heard it sucks now. 

We have the original here, fresh bottles all day errydayTongue It's made here and a country staple they say so no pulling it from the market.Clap So we have both the original and the Organic lines

Wow you should open an ebay store. LOL A lot of women out here fienin for that old school Creme of Nature.
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 6:46am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

it just so much more to go into hair then that stupid system.  people keep talking about 4c hair like it really tells you anything.  i think a lot of people have it into their heads that 4c means hard to comb "cant get a comb through it 4c".  my niece has virtually no curl pattern yet her hair is soft like cotton.  it actually even looks like cotton.  anyone looking at her hair would imagine that it would be hard to comb but  combs glide through like silk and it never tangles. 

I completely agree. Naptural85 has 4a hair that is silky, and Toyaboo has silky 4c imo. So even though Toyaboo's coils are tighter than mine her hair is way more pliable and manageable. Naptural85 calls her hair tightly coiled and frizzy which is of course all she knows but she has no idea what people out here are going through. LOL My cousin swore to God her hair was gonna be like Naptural85 when she big chopped. Oh what a rude awakening that was (the one who refuses to leave her house with her hair in it's natural state). 

I think me and my sister are both 4b but it's pretty obvious her hair is more manageable than mine.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 6:58am
I don't get why people shave their sides/undercut. You could mimic that look with a full head of hair without being stuck with it for the next year.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 7:01am
This was the most horridable thing Rihanna's ever done. I understand she's that bitch and all that, but everyone has limitations.

Brjasuga51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 7:27am
Going to buy me some deep conditioner
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 9:17am
My hair is verrrry similar to hers as well. Yeah this is my real hair twin. 

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 9:22am
I'm laughing but...

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 9:26am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

How do y'all feel about hair accessories in natural hair? Are they childish?

I'll buy them but only if they're not sparkly or bright lol..I only really like hair combs (the plain brown plastic ones), dark coloured hair grips/bands and bobby pins.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 9:44am
The other thread made me think of this but why do people order kinky straight and all different types of yaki and fret over the texture they expect when they ultimately flat iron it or curl it completely smooth anyway? What am I missing?

"I got some new coarse yaki. OMG it flat irons beautifully!"
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 9:51am
 i looked at your question and was like what hell is yakiLOL thanx bingWink

All About Yaki Hair

(Yaki) is a hair texture that is designed to look and feel like African American Hair (Black Hair) that has been through a processing to make their own hair straight. This processing is called relaxing. Though the hair can come in a straight form, it is not design for Caucasian or other nationalities of non-African decent.

There are 4 types of Yaki hair textures some people may refer to differently

Silky Yaki/ Light Yaki/ Yaki Straight

This type of Yaki is very close to the silky straight hair but if you look closely you can see the Yaki/ micro kink in the hair. This type of Yaki looks like African American's hair after it has been freshly relaxed and flat-ironed bone straight. You can find an example of this texture by clicking HERE

Yaki/ Regular Yaki

Another texture of Yaki is called Yaki or Regular. This Yaki is made to look like the typical African American hair that has been relaxed and is not as silky as the previously mentioned Yaki. You can find an example of this texture by clicking HERE

Kinky Yaki/ Kinky Straight

Kinky Yaki hair looks more like African American hair that has not been relaxed but has just been blow dried straight instead. It is also very thick, fluffy and natural looking. You can find an example of this texture by clicking HERE

Kinky Curl

Kinky Curl looks and feels like African American hair that has not been relaxed or blown dry straight. Kinky Curl looks like NATURAL African American hair that has not been through any chemical processing and the hair has very tight curls. You can find an example of this texture by clicking HERE

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 120>