Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Random Hair Thoughts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 178179180181182 231>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 3.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 11:33am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

damn JP, Dr Oz got another oneLOL

What??? Are you saying I wasted my money? I don't usually trust Dr Oz but I saw this device on another canadian talk show that I felt is more legit. I have 30 days to return it. It's supposed to be a medical device approved by the FDA and canadian health authorities as well. Let me know something.

oh, i know nothing about the device.  im just saying i stopped watching Dr Oz after i realized i always felt the need to buy something after viewing his show.  he's always low key sellingLOL i bet he gets kick backs.

Oh, ok. You scared me for a minute. I know that some dermatologists offer laser treatments in their offices but those are very expensive + I can't find a derm that has the device. It's sort of a last ditch effort. Rogaine does work for me though. It's just that I cannot stop it ever and that's annoying. Also the Rogaine induced hair doesn't grow long. I've heard other shows mention the device besides Dr Oz.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 13 2014 at 11:35am
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 11:51am

What??? Are you saying I wasted my money? I don't usually trust Dr Oz but I saw this device on another canadian talk show that I felt is more legit. I have 30 days to return it. It's supposed to be a medical device approved by the FDA and canadian health authorities as well. Let me know something.

oh, i know nothing about the device.  im just saying i stopped watching Dr Oz after i realized i always felt the need to buy something after viewing his show.  he's always low key sellingLOL i bet he gets kick backs.

Oh, ok. You scared me for a minute. I know that some dermatologists offer laser treatments in their offices but those are very expensive + I can't find a derm that has the device. It's sort of a last ditch effort. Rogaine does work for me though. It's just that I cannot stop it ever and that's annoying. Also the Rogaine induced hair doesn't grow long. I've heard other shows mention the device besides Dr Oz.

have you looked in to natural dht inhibitors also.  they would probably even work better in conjunction with the device.

i just checked it out on amazon and you may need more than 30 days:

Quote user experiences will vary, but results can be expected within the first 3-4 months with over 90% of our users seeing a benefit by month 5.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 11:57am

have you looked in to natural dht inhibitors also.  they would probably even work better in conjunction with the device.

i just checked it out on amazon and you may need more than 30 days:

Quote user experiences will vary, but results can be expected within the first 3-4 months with over 90% of our users seeing a benefit by month 5.

No I haven't. I think I read somewhere that I could use it in conjunction with the Rogaine I already have. I remember trying a hair care line that had dht inhibitors a few years back (Nioxin). It was expensive and didn't help none. Tried the Jbco, essential oil mixes and all that.
30 days is not going to accomplish anything, I know that.  It's just a time period to decide whether I've changed my mind on purchasing or not.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 13 2014 at 11:58am
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 12:01pm
I'm gonna be bored this weekend I think so I'm gonna try the max hydration thing.

I'm liking where my hair is at look and style wise but hey why not.

Has it really worked for anyone?
Where can I find that clay
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 12:01pm
Nvm I'm just gonna henna tonight
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 12:07pm

No I haven't. I think I read somewhere that I could use it in conjunction with the Rogaine I already have. I remember trying a hair care line that had dht inhibitors a few years back (Nioxin). It was expensive and didn't help none. Tried the Jbco, essential oil mixes and all that.
30 days is not going to accomplish anything, I know that.  It's just a time period to decide whether I've changed my mind on purchasing or not.

yeah thats why i was thinking of natural dht inhibitors because those other products can be costly.  oh and im not trying to discourage you by mentioning the time period.  i just think you should give it the recommended time because you may not see it within 30 days.  if it doesnt work just sell it on ebay.

Here are some of effective natural DHT blockers:

- Saw Palmetto is one of the best known natural DHT inhibitors. It works in a similar way that propecia does.

- Concentrated root extract of nettle is effective in warding off hair loss.

- Pygeum extract inhibits the production of DHT and reduces its levels in the blood.

- Green tea is an herbal DHT inhibitor that can stop hair loss and help re-growth.

- Emu oil is a DHT blocker that not only stops but it aids hair regrowth.

- Pumpkin seed oil is another natural remedy that inhibits the formation of dihydrotestosterone.

- Soy isoflavones have natural blocking properties.

- Zinc is an extremly good blocker. Foods rich in zinc will help block DHT naturally.

http://www.hair-styles-secrets-revealed.com/hair/503/8-natural-dht-blockers/

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 12:16pm

yeah thats why i was thinking of natural dht inhibitors because those other products can be costly.  oh and im not trying to discourage you by mentioning the time period.  i just think you should give it the recommended time because you may not see it within 30 days.  if it doesnt work just sell it on ebay.

Here are some of effective natural DHT blockers:

- Saw Palmetto is one of the best known natural DHT inhibitors. It works in a similar way that propecia does.

- Concentrated root extract of nettle is effective in warding off hair loss.

- Pygeum extract inhibits the production of DHT and reduces its levels in the blood.

- Green tea is an herbal DHT inhibitor that can stop hair loss and help re-growth.

- Emu oil is a DHT blocker that not only stops but it aids hair regrowth.

- Pumpkin seed oil is another natural remedy that inhibits the formation of dihydrotestosterone.

- Soy isoflavones have natural blocking properties.

- Zinc is an extremly good blocker. Foods rich in zinc will help block DHT naturally.

http://www.hair-styles-secrets-revealed.com/hair/503/8-natural-dht-blockers/

Interesting. I do take zinc supplements and drink green tea regularly but I haven't integrated the other suggestions. I'm assuming most of those are to be applied topically? I will research this.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 13 2014 at 12:16pm
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 12:18pm
i would probably give the green tea and emu oil a try applying topically since they are the only ones on the list that block dht and also aid in hair growth
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 12:22pm

i would probably give the green tea and emu oil a try applying topically since they are the only ones on the list that block dht and also aid in hair growth

You know what, I'll just do that. I mean I already spent $259 on the device so what's a few bucks for a bottle of emu oil? However, are you talking about topical application of the green tea as well?
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 12:24pm

You know what, I'll just do that. I mean I already spent $259 on the device so what's a few bucks for a bottle of emu oil? However, are you talking about topical application of the green tea as well?

yes.  people drink green tea all the time and stay follicle deficient LOL might as well see if applying it topical works.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 178179180181182 231>
  Share Topic