BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Hair Thoughts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 207>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 3.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 7:44pm
That's really interesting you should say that @Journey because I think MahoganyCurls is a 3b.

And what do you mean not texture?

That girl's hair is damn near/is a fro. MahoganyCurls hair never looks like that even when it was really short.

Edited by liesnalibis - Apr 27 2014 at 6:34pm
Sponsored Links

Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

That's really interesting you should say that @Journey because I think MahoganyCurls is a 3b.

And what do you mean not texture?

That girl's hair is damn near/near a fro. MahoganyCurls hair never looks like that even when it was really short.

The hair typing system is based on size not shape or texture. Her hair being "afro" is her texture not her hair type. Kinky 3b. While Mahogany has silky 3c
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 9:11pm
That was a pretty rod set

Star, about 14" which is just above apl on me. I wear it straight cause my shrinkage is serious. Grazing my neck when curly and its not that big yet.

Maybe braid it before summer, get some growth and practice my natural styles. I think im 4a maybe 3b in back.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:32pm
Hmm I don't see it @ Journey. 

Have you noticed a loosening of your hair texture? @ Ming

I went to the BSS and picked up some stuff. I got some Blue Magic Argan Oil Leave-In Conditioner (I think that's what African Export used on that fiyah ass braidout a few pages back), Fantasia IC Leave-in Hair and Scalp Treatment (for protein), three packs of 7/16 in flexi rods (red), three packs of 1/2 in flexi rods (blue) two big spray bottles, a black eyeliner pencil and a brown eyeliner pencil, both by Jordana.  

I didn't get the Aphogee spray or Infusium 23 (for protein) because they contained silicones. But I wonder is there any benefit to cutting out silicones if you're not cutting out shampoo? (sulfate free shampoo)

I hope that will be enough flexi rods to do that style I posted a couple pages back with the foil. I'm sooo excited!!!!! Exclamation
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:58pm
Heat free hair company. She needs to make some styling tuts.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 6:04pm

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:03pm
After one use, I feel that It's A 10 with Keratin is the sh*t.  I was blowdrying my hair today and no breakage.  I'm in love.  I know I have to switch it up because of the keratin.
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:22pm
You know what's so odd, star... I cut all my relaxer off then had a weave for a good minute. Before I put it in, it was curly root to tip. I noticed a cpl months ago that the ends are straight I've been weave free since October and tried to cowash at least once a wk but I've been stretching that since my hair doesn't like air drying and I flat iron after

I flat iron cause my hair is so unorganized in its natural state lol I like my hair, it just does not look good at this stage. If that makes sense
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 10:14pm
Wow if you like wearing your hair straight then maybe roller sets or weaving it up for awhile is a better option Ming.

I'm not even sure how I'm gonna use this Fantasia leave in. I don't want to make my hair hard so perhaps I will dilute it. It's watery but for some reason they packaged it in a hair lotion type bottle with the snap open cap. I'll probably put it in a spray bottle. 

I made some more of my conditioner/water/etc stuff mixture so I won't have to bother with these commercial detanglers. Damn a natural girl gotta keep spray bottles on deck! 
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 10:16pm
i had my hair loose & coily today but i need to wait til the weather warms up a bit b4 i start wearing it loose regularly again. My hair holds water all day (which is great), but i dont like doing to bed with wet hair.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 207>
  Share Topic