Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Random Growth Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 479480481482483 484>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by carrie carrie wrote:

I never post over here, but I wanted to comment to Beni because I did the same thing a few years ago. I was just holding on to parts that needed to go. Mine was breaking so bad. It was after a rude braider commented that she didn't know why I didn't just cut it, it was breaking anyway". I was mad at her, but knew she was right.

When I did the cut and had no regrets, it occurred to me how angry I would have been if a hair stylist had done it.   She/he would have been right in doing it, but it was my decision to make.
Sounds territorial, but true !!
Sponsored Links

carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 5:20pm
I hear ya! I did mine too. Came home mad as f**k. Couple weeks later when I took the braid loose for wash etc, I BCed on the spot.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 10:14pm
Reposting for bohomojo in Newbie section. Hopefully someone can help..

"I posted this in the natural hair care section but its for all types so...

What does unsulpured molasses do for hair and how do you use it?
How do you use amino acids on your hair?

Does anyone use shea butter in their hair?

How else do you use apple cider vinegar besides washing hair?

For moisturizing steps, what do you do to moisturize and what do you use to seal in the moisturizer?

While wearing protective styles, what do you use to upkeep hair?

Has anyone ever made their own conditioner?

What do you use honey for? (I have an entire batch of organic/raw honey sitting)

You can add questions you want answer to also if you'd like...

SmileSmileSmile"
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 1:30pm
I picked up 4 EXTRA WIDE curlformers from Sally's and I absolutely LOVE THEM!! 
I  am going to go on and get an entire kit of the 2.5cm Magic Leverag  fake curlformers online. They are so much cheaper than the name brand but even more sturdy and produce better results than the original according to Naptural85. 
Anyways, I don't know why I waited so long. Curlformers are the bomb!!!

Bye Bye blow dryer and flat ironThumbs Down
Hello Magic Leverag curlformers Clap
PS: for only FOUR curlformers at Sally's it cost me $14.00
I just ordered TWENTY magic leverag curlformers on ebay for $13.00 with free shipping!
By the way, I can sleep in these very comfortably. Now the magic leverage knock off curlformers are supposedly a sturdier material so hopefully they will be just as comfy as these. I plan to use them every other night if not every night. I am looking at Lottabody OLIVE OIL setting lotion to use on cowash day for my sets. I like the idea of a setting lotion that has oil in it also so that it is not too drying and hard.

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 31 2014 at 9:04am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 4:12pm
Can anyone recommend a light setting lotion with some oils or moisturizers in it?  I really like my hair well lubed for growth but I want just a tiny  bit of hold for my curlformers.

Has anyone tried either Organics Africas Best Olive Oil Setting Lotion  or Lottabody with Olive Oil?

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 30 2014 at 4:14pm
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

Can anyone recommend a light setting lotion with some oils or moisturizers in it?  I really like my hair well lubed for growth but I want just a tiny  bit of hold for my curlformers.

Has anyone tried either <span style="color: rgb96, 98, 99; font-family: Helvetica, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal;">Organics Africas Best Olive Oil Setting Lotion  or Lottabody with Olive Oil?</span>

Foam setting lotions are gentle...any brand.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 5:30pm
@Reli Thank you so much! Thumbs Up I generally stay far away from  all gels, hairsprays, mouses and coatings that make the hair hard, prone to breakage and snapping. So this is foreign territory for me. I prefer the hair always lubed for growth.  I just ordered the Organics African Pride Olive Oil Setting lotion and I will try the ORS wrap/ set mousse and the lottabody olive oil later. Those 2 seem gentle and conditioning with some hold.

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 31 2014 at 9:14am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 3:09pm

SimplYounique went from natural waist length to relaxed waist length to twa all in one month Cry
What on earth is going on with all these long haired ladies cutting off all their lo..cks? African Export too.
I promise  I will not be that indecisive.  If I EVER get waist length hair I will not cut it off willingly. I would have to go down kicking screaming and stabbing. LOL 

They had waist length hair... now they will start buying wigs and weaves ShockedWacko

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 31 2014 at 3:24pm
Annahir F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annahir F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 8:06pm
^Not everybody is obsessed with hair that's why they do it lol. Once I reach my goal I'm going to keep cutting it to that length, no longer. I don't have the time lol I'm in college. Some of us have different obsessions, I'm obsessed with wash n gos, I've always been style challenged so when I discovered them & natural hair my life was complete lmao. I do think it's weird though how they end up buying weave when they had hair that long

Any who I put my hair in box braids, don't know how long I'll leave them in.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 9:04pm
^You do not see other races of women doing extreme big chops frequently. If they are team long hair they tend to stay that way over their life time and vice versa. Reminds me of extreme bipolar behavior. Just my opinion.

PS Perhaps a more judicious way of viewing it is that these ladies were never really team long hair. They just happened to achieve it and did not see any value in it.  Whereas for me, long hair has been my only life long dream with regard to my hair. I guess you are right that they have different goals..   I just feel totally betrayed and enraged that they would cut off such beautiful long hair! Angry Makes me not interested in following anyone's long hair journey bc at any moment they might spaz out and chop it all off Ermm
I really believe these words:
"But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering."

1 Corinthians 11:15 

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 31 2014 at 9:25pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 479480481482483 484>
  Share Topic