Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Random Growth Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 472473474475476 480>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 11:57am
Alternating daily massages with JBCO/Cayenne and JBCO/Sulfur.
Wetting my hair at least every other day to avoid oil build up.
Keeping my hair in braids.
Debating about doing a Henna. Those roots are really bothering me even though I wear Wigs, or scarf and wide brim hats.

Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 12:01pm
Growing healthy HIP LENGTH Texlaxed hair.

AND want to know how to grow long hair with a texturizer?

on youtube today
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 4:51pm
My hair is loving the GHE this time been super moisturized.

Thinking about trying african threading just need some yarn if i can do it, i want to keep them in for 3 weeks then on the last week of the month do the inversion method.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 5:57pm
I have some olive oil infusing for the last month with mustard powder, rosemary, green tea, bamboo leaf, red pepper, cinnamon, garlic and onion in it. I read that Shima's oil has ginseng in it. I just sliced some ginseng roots and added it to the bottle of oil infusing in the window sill. Tomorrow I will add some biotin powder from capsuls too.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 27 2014 at 6:01pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by rell85 rell85 wrote:

My hair is loving the GHE this time been super moisturized.

Thinking about trying african threading just need some yarn if i can do it, i want to keep them in for 3 weeks then on the last week of the month do the inversion method.

I briefly considered doing this but using weaving thread.
I heard with the yard you cannot wet your hair due to yarn shrinkage.

My braids become undone very easily and I want low manipulation except for my daily massages.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 7:38pm
No one has tried 1" elastic for stretching? You cut about 18" of it and tie  it into a knot. Then you use that for banding wrapping the hair overlapped like a mummy as you stretch. I will try it tonight on my ponytail
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 1:35am
@ Benni thanks i didn't think about weave thread i just wanted something thicker than sewing thread and i was planning on wetting them using the loc method.

@Lady i plan on keeping them on for 3 week, would the elastic last that long?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 1:45pm
1" elastic from the sewing section at Walmart is very strong. 
I see in this video, you can use Jumbo braid hair to thread the hair! It is better than yarn because yarn is absorbent and will dry the hair like cotton fabric. Apparently in Africa, they use black plastic string so Jumbo Braid Kanekalon hair is plastic... it would be one of the closest things we have and they cost about $1.00 pack

I will use elastic bands though because I only want to leave mine in until the hair is dry

l like how close they have the thread overlapping. It creates a much better result I think than when they leave big gaps between the threads and rush it.

Good luck with it and let us know how it works for you!  Thumbs Up 

PS If you use the kanekalon braid hair to thread the hair, you can even make some pretty styles like this.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 28 2014 at 2:54pm
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:20pm
Lady that would be a good option cuz i did want braids anyway. I did a test strand last night and i have a long way till i can do a whole head...the thread didn't unravel effortlessly and i didn't tie the ends so for now i'll stick with four or six and let the ends hang.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 12:48am
Thanks for the Videos Lady A
This seem like a good low manipulation, summer thing to do.
I have tried twists and braids, but they were useless because the unravel easily unless I band the ends.

Since I have to rinse out my D/C tomorrow I will try to do a section of hair to see how it turns out.
It will have to be something I can wear under my wigs.

Anxious to know how yours turn out.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style