Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Random Growth Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 449450451452453 477>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 9:27am
@dOLLish Sounds like you're dealing with a moisture problem, I'd advice a deep conditioning treatment, but if your hair has enough protein already and just needs moisture then a protein rich deep conditioner like a mayonnaise mask will not be the right solution.
I think it's a good idea to look in to the behavior of your hair , you might benefit by tweaking your regimen. It's even more important to give your hair the moisture it needs with those tension styles like braids.Your hair might needs a break from those styles for now till your hair is strong enough again to handle it.
Are you moisturizing with a water based moisturizer and sealing with an oil(based one)?Is the moisturizer too light for your hair, might you benefit from a heavier product?
What about your nigh routine, are you sleeping on/in cotton or satin(from polyester or silk)?
Do you need that extra spritz before wrapping your hair up at night or maybe baggy(sleeping with a plastic cap after misting your hair lightly, for a while to retain moisture?

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/25426-does-my-hair-need-protein-moisture.html

The very long text quoted in the thread of the link above will help you determine what is causing your breakage and what you need to do.

Good luck!

Originally posted by shrew297 shrew297 wrote:

It's been nearly four years since my BC (I was left with 1/4 inch of hair) and my hair isn't even shoulder length unstretched. That's past slow growth. Hell, that's "needs-to-be-in-a-remedial-class" growth.  

Did you look in to the stretched length? That's the best way to determine if you really are a slow grower, shrinkage can be a beast (word to those with waistlength and beyond hair with shoulder length unstretched hair).

Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

being around negative people makes me feel grumpy and a fowl mood too. I HATE my hair right now in fact!.. i have to learn to run the other way when someone is spewing negativity bc I am very sensitive. I will pick it up and channel it. I will go do something positive to cleanse myself of this funk

That is the best approach. Sorry that negativity resulted to you not liking your hair for the moment. It can be a struggle at times to embrace yourself fully when faced with negativity,
Hope you've bounced back from it with your positive approach.
Sponsored Links

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 9:33am
Totally forgot my random growth thoughts. Well I'm wearing my hair straight at the moment...well semi-straight now thanks to yesterday's rain and humidity and I have noticed I've retained growth, but I do need to do a search and destroy dusting that I've been pushing off for months and months...but before I even think about doing that I need to buy proper scissors for my hair before I trim myself in to split ends and end up losing more length instead of gaining length.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 1:38pm
I am pumped that my edges on the right side is filling in.  But at the same time dismayed at the extra hair growth in other "unsuitable" places.  I feel like I am part Yeti or -jian tribe when I have to shave more often.  Not to mention the extra milia-type acne, despite drinking plenty of water but I guess it is not enough.  More water and vegetables it is.
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

I am pumped that my edges on the right side is filling in.  But at the same time dismayed at the extra hair growth in other "unsuitable" places.  I feel like I am part Yeti or -jian tribe when I have to shave more often.  Not to mention the extra milia-type acne, despite drinking plenty of water but I guess it is not enough.  More water and vegetables it is.

Yay Nars!!!Smile

congratulations!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 9:30pm
Damn..

I tried to give Groganics a chance?  hell, pretty much every thing for daily use  with this brand has Mineral Oil or Petroleum as a first or second ingredient.

I have tried so many times to "make it work" with Mineral oil.. my hair just can't..Ouch

I can't use that stuff.. hell, if you just look at my head wrong, and i get breakage.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Jun 14 2013 at 9:31pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

Yay Nars!!!Smile

congratulations!

Thanks.  You know what is weird and sad at the same time? Seeing the now longer strands of gray hair.  I don't know if I am exaggerating but I plucked this one strand like 3 weeks ago and already it is like almost an inch.  Oh I forgot to mention I am taking the Nature's Bounty Hair Skin and Nails pills, the one with the 5000mcg of biotin (way too much IMO but taking them because I want to get rid of it and get my moneys worth).  Hence the acne and excessive body hair.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 5:12pm

Damn..

I tried to give Groganics a chance?  hell, pretty much every thing for daily use  with this brand has Mineral Oil or Petroleum as a first or second ingredient.

I have tried so many times to "make it work" with Mineral oil.. my hair just can't..Ouch

I can't use that stuff.. hell, if you just look at my head wrong, and i get breakage.

You know, now that I am back on the "verboten" petroleum train, I never even looked in this product's direction.  So far, my hair is doing "okay" with petroleum.  I know I am playing it fast and loose here with my hair but dang these special butters and oils are hard on my funds and seeing that cheap jar of grease was calling me.LOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 6:14pm

Damn..

You know, now that I am back on the "verboten" petroleum train, I never even looked in this product's direction.  So far, my hair is doing "okay" with petroleum.  I know I am playing it fast and loose here with my hair but dang these special butters and oils are hard on my funds and seeing that cheap jar of grease was calling me.LOL

That's true.. i was looking at my concoction that i make at home, versus a huge jar of petroleum based products.  I'm not exactly breaking the bank with what i make naturally, but $9.00 for a tub of petroleum based  goose grease isn't bad...LOL

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 9:18pm
damn..

i was talking to someone at work, and she swears by the "Inversion table"..  She likes the fact that it stretches your spine, keeps the organs and heart healthier, etc. all i'm thinking about is, using it grow my hair.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2013 at 3:27pm
i'm really beginning to wonder about what people are saying about bald spots.

this isn't the first time i've heard this: "If the scalp is shiny, the follicles are dead it will never grow back"..

I had a palm sized - yes - large palm sized bald spot right in the middle of my head.  Shiny. Plus both of my sides were shiny.

that bald spot has diminished to the size of a dime, and the side bald spot is now less than that.

Because i was told by a surgeon, dermatologist, and read on BHM this very same thing..several times.   Someone just stated this in another thread...

I take DHT blockers/diet/exercise. It took over 7 years for this to happen..and now?  i can wear my hair in cornrow braids with a part down the middle.  Before?  i didn't have that.  I had a 2 plugs of hair near the front, one on the left - and the rest was scalp.

i don't think it's an impossibility to grow hair back... i just think it takes a lot longer.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 449450451452453 477>
  Share Topic