BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Random Growth Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 442443444445446 482>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shrew297 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrew297 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 7:14am
Purchasing some hemp seed oil today. I've used it before on my skin and hair and loved it! It's non greasy and is linked to increased growth and general health for hair. 
Sponsored Links

shrew297 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrew297 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 7:55pm
I was lucky enough to get the last 2oz bottle! Enough to tide me over until the herb shop gets their shipment. 
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 2:44pm
PSA: if its ever occurred to you to put pure evening primrose oil on your scalp, please note before you crack open that capsule that it smells like bacon grease. LOL
YaYaStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YaYaStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 7:31pm
^^^lol @ bacon grease
shrew297 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrew297 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 7:55pm
Thanks for the PSA tatee. I did consider nabbing a couple of my mother's capsules.  Embarrassed
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

PSA: if its ever occurred to you to put pure evening primrose oil on your scalp, please note before you crack open that capsule that it smells like bacon grease. LOL

oh snap... i thought it would be a plant oil smell?  thanks for the info.... i will keep my caps closed..Smile

i thought evening primrose was made mainly for menopause, "auntie flo" and umm.. "relations" problems?  It never occurred to me to put it on the scalp..

shrew297 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrew297 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

oh snap... i thought it would be a plant oil smell?  thanks for the info.... i will keep my caps closed..Smile

i thought evening primrose was made mainly for menopause, "auntie flo" and umm.. "relations" problems?  It never occurred to me to put it on the scalp..

Yeah, evening primrose got my mum through her hot flashes. The woman in the herb shop I buy my things in told me I should start taking it too. I have heard it's good for hair, but I haven't tried it. 

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 5:01am
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

yeah i was looking for something for my bald spot and when i was researching dht blockers evening primrose oil came up and since i take it for cystic acne i decided to try it out instead of saw palmetto.  normally i mix it with rose water, aloe vera juice and l cysteine and spray my scalp, but im impatient, so yesterday i lost my mind and put it directly on my scalpLOL
shrew297 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrew297 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 6:03am
tatee, is it helping? I have very fine, think hair on the crown of my head and I'd love to know how what I can use to thicken it up.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 6:24am
Originally posted by shrew297 shrew297 wrote:

tatee, is it helping? I have very fine, think hair on the crown of my head and I'd love to know how what I can use to thicken it up.

i honestly dont know yet ive only been applying my mixture for a month.  my bald spots are at my crown and theyre hard for me to see and monitor because i keep my hair in twists or braid outs.  the other problem is that i think the spots are due to chemical burns and im now thinking that dht blockers wouldnt really help.  idk but im going to give it the old college try for a year.  i figure whatever im doing is better than nothing.

oh and i have fine hair also which makes it even worse.  when i was first on my hair journey i saw all these girls with this hair and i wanted to thicken my hair also.  i started using castor oil on my scalp  and taking l cysteine  to increase the diameter of the hair shaft until i realized the hair i have is enough to handle i dont need more of itLOL i now just work on the illusion of thickness.

Edited by tatee - May 14 2013 at 6:32am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style