BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Random Growth Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 433434435436437 486>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 6:01pm
this is so cool.

Nioxin used to be the only game in town, or the only one that anyone ever noticed.. Now, there are so many more options available when it comes to hair vitamins. 

and cheaper.

Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 7:14am
smh, some of these youtubers crack me up.  they will do the most basic sh*t to their hair and achieve excellent growth and retention and then once they get past shoulder length theyll start incorporating a whole lot of bs into their routine to make you think this is how they achieved the length.  if you were really doing xyz all along why didnt you ever show any of it in the past 2 years? i really think these people want others to think hair retention is some grueling task with mysterious components and only they have the secret.
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 4:10pm
I'm thinking my hair has already grown some since I took length-check pictures--at least, the sides looked a bit longer/fuller.
Whole-head Baggying and sulfur oil--gotta keep it up.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 6:39pm
Definitely will get into black rinses.
I just love the jet black look.
And even though I love the look of "dark" brown (think whoissugar) hair on some other naturals--I don't like the look on my head.
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 1:55pm

Leaving my hair curly just isn't working out for me. I gave my flat iron a break for a few weeks and it seems to not be working out so well. I'm currently tacking the worst case of tangling/matting I've ever had although I just detangled before I deep condtioned. Plus it looks like I'll have to do a bit of a chop to even everything out. Wicked frustrated right now.Angry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 2:22pm
Looks like about 3.5 inches until i'm Cbl stretched. Ugh can't wait.
PhoenixInFlight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhoenixInFlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 3:07pm
Whenever I'm conscious about growing my hair to a certain length I pay more attention to my diet. High protein! I'm planning to have 2 or 3 boiled eggs everyday for as long as i can stand it. More tuna, sardines, chicken, turkey and beans. Vitamin intake will include MSM powder in a glass of juice daily, fish oil capsules and an HSN supplement. I also up my water intake.

I'm currently at APL and planning to wig it for the majority of this year to help reach my hair growth goal of BSL/MBL. I might do human box braids towards the end of the summer for a trip i plan on taking. I hear wigs and airport security don't get along.

The last time I was on an active hair journey before various hair cuts over the years, some intentional some unintentional, I reached a healthy thick bra strap length. Funny thing though, i rarely if ever protective styled when i reached that length. I was washing, dc'ing, rollersetting, limiting direct heat to my roots and either wrapping or pincurling it every night. I was also taking vitamins i had never taken before. That boundless tresses oil on my scalp regularly was doing a little something too. A stint using Ovation Cell Therapy really gave me that spurt that took me over the threshold of brastrap. I may revisit that system when I obtain a satisfactory length and stop hiding my hair. APL may seem long to some but its not enough for me. It may be the result of getting used to how i looked in sew-ins. My hair either has to be long or very short, like a bob cut. I can't stand the in between look on me so I feel like I need at least bsl hair before i go into maintenance mode wearing my real hair again. I vow to never ever ever cut my hair again after this journey.

PeazyRenee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeazyRenee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 4:05pm

Well Im kind of a newbie but IMO keeping it simple is best! I watch youtube for ideas and perspectives but at the end of the day everybody's hair is different. Drinking lots of water, taking fish oil supplements (because I dont like seafood), moisutizing my hair with a few oils, deep conditioning, and co-washing have all worked for me.  Also, I no mineral oils for me, they coat the hair and prevent moisture from penetrating the hair follicles.  I like to play with my hair because it's so soft and fluffy but that causes breakage so I do my best to keep a protective style in so I cant mess with it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2013 at 11:05am

Okay, so I am superbly happy right now..

If I manage to retain all my length this year with no other setbacks, I will be close to the length when I started my HHJ in 2011, which was 8.5-9 inches of hair.

Let's GOOOOO! *In my Kev Hart voice*LOL

Edited by AmberColour - Feb 14 2013 at 11:10am
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2013 at 11:12am
Someone told me yesterday that I had long hair. (I'm APL )
Made me smile... If they only knew all of my friends at BHM
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 433434435436437 486>