BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Random Growth Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 478479480481482>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Annahir F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annahir F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 10:15am
Welp. I guess this is the time for me to start learning to style my hair. Major heat damage, my curls are nowhere to be found. Either that or cutting it all off, an half an inch away from bsl and this happens smh. Was hoping for waist length next year.

And this isn't the cute heat damage where you hair is still curly just looser, my hair is barely curling at all. A struggle wave and the ends just fro up.

Just did a twist out, hopefully it comes out decent looking. Could never master a twist out or any style. I should buy some hair and do some box braids because I doubt any of my styles will look right. And just like before, my heat damaged hair does NOT lay down so can't really wear buns unless I want it to be fuzzy with noticeable gel build up. I could never get that sleek ponytail bun unless I went to a salon. Wasn't until I was fully natural that my hair laid flat and got super shiny.
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 10:41am
you should be able to get some beautiful roller sets, bantu knots, flexi rod sets, even wraps! Life does not revolve around curls. After all... not everyone even has curls LOL Plenty of people are naturally straight, wavy or kinky hair with no curls at all! On top of that, not everyone lusts after curls ( I for one do not even like the way tight curls look on myself)  So you'll live and you don't need to cut it off either. Wink

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 19 2014 at 10:59am
Annahir F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annahir F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:48pm
Had a feeling that twist out would be a frizzy fail so I took the twists out. I've had 2 good twist outs & don't remember how I did them. But any who my hair is super soft and moisturized, I love that souffle, need to stock up. I braided it & put a little more jbco on the ends.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 2:48pm
So I put on my big girl undies and cut off my thinning ends while in a 2-strand twist. Some of them measured 5.5 ins, others 6 ins.
In the past 2 weeks I have relieved myself of approx. 8 inches of damaged thin ends.
I am back at APL and don't feel too badly, but still don't understand that despite of taking much better care of my hair, my ends are still breaking off.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 4:33pm
Shorter than APL now after than last nights trimming.

Enjoying my short hair. Wearing it out. Very liberating.
With shrinkage it falls mid-neck so at his point I am not too about it touching clothing. Still able to pull it into a high 'pony tail' at night.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 5:02am
@Benni, sounds like with a jumbo flexi-rod set, your hair could look like your avatar's now !
Good luck with it !

I feel like I am in a growth slump so I'm going to start taking my MSM and doing oiled scalp massages again. I've got to figure something to actually make my MTG smell good so it's a more pleasant experience.

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 25 2014 at 5:12am
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

@Benni, sounds like with a jumbo flexi-rod set, your hair could look like your avatar's now !
Good luck with it !

I feel like I am in a growth slump so I'm going to start taking my MSM and doing oiled scalp massages again. I've got to figure something to actually make my MTG smell good so it's a more pleasant experience.

I did not notice that before, but now that you mention it, it is actually a very close comparison

My curls are popping with just my regular routine.   The bits I cut gave me length, but not much else. No happiness or pride.
Maybe I am still in shock because I am way too pleased with my hair now.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 2:23pm
African Export felt the same way when she recently chopped off her waist length natural hair. Yours is still a nice length. She cut hers off really short.
If I am lucky enough to grow mine to full waist length or even tail bone length, I will let mine continue growing and growing as long as it will get. My hair is thin too Benni. I think curlformers or even some waves can fluff it up a bit. Besides,so many European women have fine, thin,long hair. Long hair does not have to be huge. Not everyone has thick hair.
In the end, what matters is that you are happy. Enjoy it.

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 25 2014 at 2:29pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 2:57pm
^^ I understand what you're saying, and eventually I would have to accept it but, when I did the 2-strand twist before applying the Henna the twist a few inches from my scalp was full, and the few inches from my ends looked like I actually twisted 2 strands of hair.
It was just too obvious that breakage was occurring, and the point where it was breaking off.

It was a necessary cut for my emotional well being     

Just to give you a visual.....My twists looked like a round hair brush, The bristle part of the brush represents the hair closer to the roots, and the handle, my ends.   Not a pretty site

Edited by Benni - Aug 25 2014 at 2:58pm
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 4:33pm
I never post over here, but I wanted to comment to Beni because I did the same thing a few years ago. I was just holding on to parts that needed to go. Mine was breaking so bad. It was after a rude braider commented that she didn't know why I didn't just cut it, it was breaking anyway". I was mad at her, but knew she was right.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 478479480481482>