Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

(Random) Everyday Thoughts!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11981199120012011202 1276>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 8:12am
Originally posted by Yumyum28 Yumyum28 wrote:

@Femme..I also work in healthcare..Specifically I am a new grad BSN, formerly an LPN for 5 years. I'm proud to hear that you treated her effeciently and with respect even though she had insulted you. Its a very difficult thing to do and here in Philly were people are super mean for no particular reason other than them being absolutely miserable, we lose alot of good workers due to lack of self control. So I commend you for possessing that rare quality. When you clock out at the end of the day, you gotta let that ish go, remeber that there are times when we all overreact and if you ever see her on the streets know that you saved that b's life, be proud of your accomplishment and dont be surprised if she's kissing ur azz when its all said and done..

Wow! thanks for that Yum, i mean it.  i didn't know what to think about that case.  It was very daunting to say the least, that while i was saying my usual schpill, that i give to every patient before the exam - she just went in hard.  What's worse, she kept looking over at her friend after ordering me to do the exam as if to say: "See? looks like i told her! I'm a NURSE, gawd damnit!" 

Then she tried to come across as if she knew my job?  (even before i did her pelvic exam - she was trying to tell me what type of probe i was supposed to use. And she was wrong. When the probe went in - she shut up.)Confused

When i mentioned something about this to others who aren't in the field, their reply was: "Oh she was just a b&*ch, no big deal."  Well, emotionally, to keep yourself from just taking patients like that right back to the E.R., or even worse, just reaching over and slapping the sh&*&t out of them?  It's pretty damn hard.  I took her insults personally, wondering what i did wrong. Every once in a blue moon, something like this happens.  It's never with guys, ever.. it's usually a pregnant female.  Stuff flies out of their mouth in the beginning, and because they are pregnant - it's excusable.Ouch

What's even worse their husbands or their friends stand there, saying nothing - when they should speak up.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Dec 06 2012 at 8:13am
Sponsored Links

Yumyum28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yumyum28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 12:32am
Femme..Your more than welcome IA with you that women are particularly spiteful when dealing with other women, which is so sad and also completely inexplicable IMO. The only time I get grief while dealing with a male patient is when the lady of the situation comes around searching for things to b*tch about. Its even worse being a young attractive black woman. I do some homecare and when I show up at a new clients home for the first time..The looks on their faces is priceless lol. I remeber this one lady tried cursing me out about some baseless issue and in her yelling all types of insults and obsenities she called me a slut video-hoe LMAO! Later, She begged for me, negotiated a pay increase and is sure to "stay out of my way" during my visits..smh People will be people but as long as you do you, and your job to the best of your ability your good. SN: I will admit, nurses are real b*tches when it comes to our personal medical care. I've heard so many stories I Know for a fact your telling the absolute truth about how your situation played out. It sounded like something 9 out of 10 of my coworkers woulda done. I dont say anything about being a nurse when i or my family receive medical care. I like to let people do their jobs and I've only ever interjected in cases of serious negligence.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 8:03am
Wow!

and yeah, you're right when it comes to females and their insecurities over another female.  Whenever i have to call in a male patient for an exam, his mate gets up first.  What's even worse, is when the female has an exam, that has to be done, and she brings her husband in "for support" - and he winds up making a damn fool of himself by flirting, asking personal questions, or staring.  This is particularly annoying when i have to do an ultrasound, and the guy is no more than 4 feet away looking at you in the dark.

And what really gets most females?  When the patient is young, then tries to brag about how "old" they are, (using age as an authority), then they find out i'm twice their age, or old enough to be their mom.  LOL

I found your situation - and your background very impressive, YY..  I'm sorry, but if someone would have an assaulted me verbally like that?  And if i had the option to walk away and stay away.. oh heck yeah.. i would "upped" the price, or kept it moving.

And yes, i, too, whenever my SO has a medical appt., i stay in the lobby, unless i am specifically asked to come back.  I'm not paid to supervise on my time off.  If they screw up - we just don't go back to that facility.

bajanbklyngirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bajanbklyngirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 6:00pm
I forgot to post here that I finally cut off all of my relaxed ends last night.

I felt so liberating to do it myself. I feels a little weird to have my hair all natural again because the last time I was at 5 years old (as sad as that sounds)
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 6:01pm
every time i look over at the advertisement for New York Remi weaving hair?

All i see is 4-5 women in a picture with about 20lbs of hair on EACH of their heads..Confused
bajanbklyngirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bajanbklyngirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 6:03pm
I cut my hair in front of both of my brothers (not purposely, they just happened to be around at the time) and they didn't even really care, lol. Not that I expected much of a reaction out of them, I guess they are used to me with my hair and they don't really question much.

I gonna wait and see the reaction of the rest of the family. Not that I would be upset at all if they say anything negative (I love them all but they are some cutthroat people, so I learn to let things go in one ear and out the other), it would be nice if they all liked it.
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 6:27pm
Congrats, Baja!

Sigh..I really am not looking forward to the whole job search prep again, but I MUST. I'm thankfuI have a job, but for all the new jobs- not duties- I keep getting and no increases on the horizon, I need to get back out there.

Edited by luvmybiga$$fro - Dec 08 2012 at 6:28pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 7:40am
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

Congrats, Baja!

Sigh..I really am not looking forward to the whole job search prep again, but I MUST. I'm thankfuI have a job, but for all the new jobs- not duties- I keep getting and no increases on the horizon, I need to get back out there.

from what i'm observing in the job market, Miss Afro?  i believe things are looking up.  2 years ago, i almost had to go to remote "villages" for work. Now, i'm getting emails, and more opportunities in the last year.

People won't be knocking down your door for your employ?  but it's getting a little bit better.

i don't even want to think about what it would be like if Twitt Romney made the presidency.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:42pm
it's snowing again..

i don't know if i like those hot/arid days during the summer, or the cold dry/snowy days of the winter..Stern Smile

either way, thanks to 3 years of living here, trial and error, setbacks, and patience, i think i know how to protect my hair now.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:43pm
i think i'll switch from local organic honey to Black Strap Molasses.

Someone just brought it back up in the Breakage section..

It might be helpful during the winter months.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11981199120012011202 1276>