Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

(Random) Everyday Thoughts!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12681269127012711272 1276>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 9:41pm
but when i googled max hydration method i saw a huge blown up picture of my avatar that i drew. But it isn't done yet!! That's why i took it off deviant art! Cry I better finish it quickly before ppl start wondering why there's only one eyelash and one detailed eyebrow. ConfusedEmbarrassed not to mention i hadn't even started the detail in the hair.

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 04 2014 at 9:42pm
Sponsored Links

femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 11:14pm
the mentality of the TTT forum never ceases to amaze me.

Someone started a thread about 3 months ago.  "What's the scariest thing you've ever done"..

Some of the ladies were basically pioneers in technology, science, civil rights, going to all white schools, which isn't inconsequential.. and yeah, most of the tea party down there ignored them.

One poster who's very popular in TTT, posted pics of her jumping off a cliff in a bathing suit, and a lacefront wig.And of course, all of her bootlickers came to the rescue..Ouch

"oh, were you scared??", "oh, I could never do that!!" "wow! that's brave!!!".. seriously?

Great, some of our members made history, and here these poor dumb as**ses are oohing and awing over a chick half naked, jumping off of rock without her lace front wig flying off..

kids... we need to do better than this..

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Apr 06 2014 at 12:27am
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 12:37pm

How do you approach a co worker who smells awful? What do you say? 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 4:39pm
if they are worthy of your respect, Miss Griffin,

you take them in private and tell them.  If they are offended and turn on you?

Well, that's when you whip out the air freshener, give them a good round of spraying, then make a fast exit.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Apr 07 2014 at 4:54pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 4:51pm
now Nars,

i didn't know they were selling those corsets on the commercials..LOL

Believe it or not, when i first came to this gym, and wore these huge sweats in the beginning?  The light skinned, hispanic females with the implants - (the owner of the gym is a perv - so he buys their implants, true story..) laughed their as***es off when they first saw me with my pixie style.

Why?  Black female in sweats = fat (trying to cover it), short hair = bald, quiet = attitude

I took off the sweats and out lifted even all of their men.. which really pissed them off

the "short hair" was  a pixie wig - =  okay, i have 4c hair in dry climate, give me a break

and yes, i am quiet by nature = and i come into the gym to work out only.

Thanks to the media, almost every race i've encountered of young females, they automatically assume that black women are all fat?

and of course, we supposedly envy everyone else's hair - thanks to Chris Rock telling a female from India with long hair that a black woman would cut off her hair if she saw her coming down the street.

seriously?

This is why we are the victim of the constant "hair flipping"? from whites/asians/hispanics and other ladies who are sucked in by the media/chris rock stereotyping.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Apr 07 2014 at 4:53pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

now Nars,

i didn't know they were selling those corsets on the commercials..LOL

Believe it or not, when i first came to this gym, and wore these huge sweats in the beginning?  The light skinned, hispanic females with the implants - (the owner of the gym is a perv - so he buys their implants, true story..) laughed their as***es off when they first saw me with my pixie style.

Why?  Black female in sweats = fat (trying to cover it), short hair = bald, quiet = attitude

I took off the sweats and out lifted even all of their men.. which really pissed them off

the "short hair" was  a pixie wig - =  okay, i have 4c hair in dry climate, give me a break

and yes, i am quiet by nature = and i come into the gym to work out only.

Thanks to the media, almost every race i've encountered of young females, they automatically assume that black women are all fat?

and of course, we supposedly envy everyone else's hair - thanks to Chris Rock telling a female from India with long hair that a black woman would cut off her hair if she saw her coming down the street.

seriously?

This is why we are the victim of the constant "hair flipping"? from whites/asians/hispanics and other ladies who are sucked in by the media/chris rock stereotyping.

lol, I noticed the hair flipping thing. In fact once another black woman with a weave did it to me when i wore my first wash and go. Like repeatedly and kept trying to come around me to do it. I openly laughed at her, and my dad commented if there was something wrong with her neck lol. If i wanted your weave I could buy one too. Getting a little too serious about something that's available to buy at your local beauty supply. LOL

I think that some white woman tried to do that to me recently. But my hair has been so healthy recently as I bent over to pick my bag I just shook my hair out of my face with out thinking. So satisfying to see her crawl back into the shadows where she belonged, while other people did a double take. I exited like a boss Coolwith a gust of wind blowing my 4c hair like tree leaves in the wind. Some ppl need to stop thinking that just because they watched one chris rock movie that they know everything about black females. No, i do not want your hair. Can you try getting a life?Thumbs Up
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Fcgriffin Fcgriffin wrote:

I would take them in private and say, "Hello sorry I don't want to make you feel upset, but I've noticed you're emitting a strong odor. I'm not trying to offend you, and I didn't want to pull u out in front of everyone and embarrass you, but i think you need to know because it's disrupting the workplace for you to come to work without cleaning up first. Is there anything going on where you don't have access to a bathroom? Do you want me to lend you some deodorant?"

It's also possible that they noticed they smell already, and could have a body odor issue they can't control. I remember seeing something like that on youtube and when i googled it there was this whole forum of ppl sharing their misery, it was really depressing. Or they have run out of deodorant.
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:12pm
I've been labeled a "bully" in the past when I tried to address someone else that i considered a friend about disclosing her personal drama at work. It was like a non stop pity party all day! This new problem and this particular person is easily offended by everything and she loves to argue. I went ahead and talked to my boss about it; he can be the jerk. It's a horribly strong smell like old cat urine or mold/mildew. It's so bad now that I have been having headaches and nose bleeds.   
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

if they are worthy of your respect, Miss Griffin,

you take them in private and tell them.  If they are offended and turn on you?

Well, that's when you whip out the air freshener, give them a good round of spraying, then make a fast exit.

nebhnebh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nebhnebh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:25pm
Black hair is BEAUTIFUL and I would not want any other type of hair on my head.  Shrinkage and all, its mine.
nebhnebh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nebhnebh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Fcgriffin Fcgriffin wrote:

I don't know if you are aware of it or not but you have body odor.
or
I don't know if you are aware of this or not but you don't smell well, is everything alright...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12681269127012711272 1276>
  Share Topic