BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

(Random) Everyday Thoughts!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12621263126412651266 1276>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 5:51pm
i do have a question.. why do they say "grow a set?"  someone said this many years ago.  "Get some balls".. okay.. think about it: A man's balls are wrinkly, shriveled, limp, and sensitive".. what's the point?

why not say: "Grow a vagina".. now those things can take a pounding!!

Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 9:05pm
Love reading this thread
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:53am
Oh femme don't ever change LOL.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:57am
It is crazy how I have to cobble several part time jobs and per diem jobs to make a full-time job wage.  Is this real life? Is this the new economy?  Meanwhile I keep applying to the same company, this is my second round and I still haven't heard anything (but I was submitted for this position about two days ago the second time around).  Not a rejection or an acceptance. Nada.  Sometimes I can't deal with it and yet they are still advertising that they need people for the position ASAPtually on indeed.  I don't know what to think at this point but I guess I got nothing to lose but just to move forward and stay on top of my class and side self-training. 
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 9:11am
Lol and high fives, Femme!
Nars, I sooo feel you on this roller coaster job search! I've applied and rec'd notice that I'm in the best qualified and should be receiving a notice for an interview and NOTHING. It's tres discouraging, but I'm still looking and praying and believing that something awesome is on the horizon!

My Hubby got another promotion- second one in less than 4 months!! He rocks! I'm so proud of him! It's well earned and deserved. He's getting a full fledged lesson in clear folk. They are so impressed with him bc he's a consummate professional and natural leader. Their just so shocked. I laugh and tell him that I've been dealing with this 'clear folk surprise' all my life, now it's his turn! Lol! Sad and 'funny' at the same damn time that we are still regarded as mythical creatures to clear folk when you speak the King's English and carry yourself well and regarded as an 'Oreo', 'Uncle Tom', or 'trying to act white' by blacks. Man, these folk need to recognize that if you want to be able to carve out a decent life, you better know the 'game' well and act accordingly .
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 10:47am
thanks ladies, many southern/midwestern women have been using that anectedote for decades, and come to find out, Betty White made it famous... typical..Unhappy

I am very proud that you all have not given up in the job search.  My SO hasn't had work in a very long time, due to our relocation, and especially where we are.  NM is not exactly the job capital/high tech area of the country.. It's almost 3rd world, actually.

I almost lost patience with him after a couple of months and was ready to "get rid of the guy" because he doesn't have a job, but he's really looking-plus, he's "monied" from his "early re-tirement".  High end executives take a lot longer to get a job in their field because of the "exclusivity"..

I've seen those NOTICES potential employers have sent him, and yeah..ZILCH.

And congrats on your hubby finding a job, MissAfro.  Clear are always impressed at blacks with leadership skills.. But make sure he watches his back.. Trust me, and you know this as well, clear folks are usually impressed with ANY leader, but there  are always those jealous ones that try to "bring him down to size"..

they will do it in a heartbeat with their own, and will not hesitate with a minority.  As long as folks are on the same level, everyone's "cool", but let someone clearly take those reigns, and watch the competition for the ALPHA DOG begin...

tale as old as time..

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 8:46pm
Thanks ladies.  I guess it is some consolation that it isn't me.  But on the somewhat bright side, I did get some call back from a hospital and it is part time but it is better than nothing.  I just need to touch base with him tomorrow.

Meanwhile I am watching this Quentin Tarantino move Death Proof and it is a snoozer for me.
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 1:21pm
Oh, you ain't never lied! Hubby was telling me how congratulatory the clear and black folk were. I told him that oftentimes the ones doing the congratulating the same ones doing the plotting! So, his eyes and ears are open. I should be searching for jobs, since we have a Snow Day. But, I'm in 'sucks being a girl' mode due to cramps. So, tea, mindless TV, snacking, and pain pills ftw!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 11:19pm
I have been binging on carbs and starches for the past three months or more and it is so hard to stop.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 11:20pm
I am so relieved that I found my sub cert.  I shole didn't wanna come out of 100+ to get another one and right now is not the time for me to get one. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12621263126412651266 1276>
  Share Topic