Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - (Random)  Everyday Thoughts!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
 

(Random) Everyday Thoughts!!

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12581259126012611262 1272>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Benni View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 19 2011
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 3911
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 3:57pm
So sad to learn of Nelson Mandela's death.

R.I.P
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Feb 05 2011
Location: US
Status: Offline
Points: 13021
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

how in the fiddley f-u-c-k do people sleep until their alarm goes off? How is this possible?

I mean, seriously? I'll wake up usually 1 hr. before it goes off, and next thing you know.. anxiety.. use the bathroom.. come back and wait with my eyes closed.. then doze.. wake up every 15 mins., glare at the clock.. doze.. glare..

doze.. glare..

then ahhhhh sh*t..

here we go.... (*Heath Ledger joker voice)



I will do you one better.  Sometimes I can sleep through an alarm, albeit a phone alarm, when I am dead ass tired.


Now THAT is call dead ass tired!  My SO asked me why i even HAVE an alarm if i'm up way before it goes off?

To be honest?  i just hate the sound of it when it DOES go off.


Back to Top
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Feb 05 2011
Location: US
Status: Offline
Points: 13021
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

So sad to learn of Nelson Mandela's death.

R.I.P


and Paul Walker too..

It's nice to know that a major motion picture was made about Mandela's accomplishments..

Ouch I hope Mandela saw it before he passed on.

I was over in South Africa when Apartheid was in full swing. 1980's.  It felt like being back home when i was growing up.  The only difference was the language.  I had to be escorted with other (specifically white) sailors plus in uniform 24/7 when we were there (all blacks/hispanics/phillipinos) in the military - or we would have been shipped straight to Cape Town.

Ouch

Back to Top
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Feb 05 2011
Location: US
Status: Offline
Points: 13021
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 4:18pm
i've working on watching the movie, Pacific Rim.

This is second movie where i get to watch Idris Elba.  I read Wikipedia, and couldn't watch the ending of this movie.  why?  hell, he dies in the end..

I just couldn't stand watching that beautiful hunk of a man die.. even though it's not reality.  he's the first black celebrity, i've seen in a long time that actually likes black women.. how the hell did that happen?

Almost every young, up and coming AA male i see - specifically athletes have to have that ultimate white woman or asian.. 




Edited by femmemuscleisback - Dec 06 2013 at 4:18pm
Back to Top
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Feb 05 2011
Location: US
Status: Offline
Points: 13021
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 12:05am
i can't believe i was hearing this from a hispanic woman.  She had light skin, in her late 70's.  She had on too much makeup, dressed quite garishly, and had her hair (what's left of it) dyed blonde.

She laid there on the examination bed and said: "I know i'm spanish. i was born and raised in Mexico (which means you're mexican - especially if your mom and dad were mexican), but i always felt like i am spanish.  I'm better than these mexicans.  My Parents told me i was."

My expression: Stern Smile

"I don't even SPEAK like them.  I don't even LOOK like "them".  I belong in Spain.

I looked at her, and asked: "Ma'am, have you ever BEEN to Spain?"

"Well, no.. but i think i'm spanish.."

I had to give her a rude awakening: "Ma'am, i was in Spain.  Rota, Spain, and other parts.  If you so much as "spoke" their language wrong, they'll probably come after you, and not in a good way.  The Spanish don't like Mexicans. Plus, they speak a totally different dialect altogether.  The last New Mexican i know that went over said he was spat on.."

Her reaction?  "OH!" like i pinched her?

"But i'm not like these Mexicans, i'm lighter.  These Mexicans are jealous of me.  The Spanish won't like me because i'm different, i know..."

that's when i realized...Wacko

Can't wait for her to go over there.  The strange part?  The spaniards liked the fact that i was in the military, and doing something to better myself.  They were very open about their prejudice against uneducated/non-wordly people in general.  If you were black that didn't help matters.







Back to Top
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Feb 05 2011
Location: US
Status: Offline
Points: 13021
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 12:43am
the 2 "brothas" in this viral video act as if they are as privileged as the white kids in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azUbx8XwOlU&feature=youtu.be

We all know that if arrests were made?  Those 2 are going down..


Back to Top
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 20 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 29471
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

i can't believe i was hearing this from a hispanic woman.  She had light skin, in her late 70's.  She had on too much makeup, dressed quite garishly, and had her hair (what's left of it) dyed blonde.

She laid there on the examination bed and said: "I know i'm spanish. i was born and raised in Mexico (which means you're mexican - especially if your mom and dad were mexican), but i always felt like i am spanish.  I'm better than these mexicans.  My Parents told me i was."

My expression: Stern Smile

"I don't even SPEAK like them.  I don't even LOOK like "them".  I belong in Spain.

I looked at her, and asked: "Ma'am, have you ever BEEN to Spain?"

"Well, no.. but i think i'm spanish.."

I had to give her a rude awakening: "Ma'am, i was in Spain.  Rota, Spain, and other parts.  If you so much as "spoke" their language wrong, they'll probably come after you, and not in a good way.  The Spanish don't like Mexicans. Plus, they speak a totally different dialect altogether.  The last New Mexican i know that went over said he was spat on.."

Her reaction?  "OH!" like i pinched her?

"But i'm not like these Mexicans, i'm lighter.  These Mexicans are jealous of me.  The Spanish won't like me because i'm different, i know..."

that's when i realized...Wacko

Can't wait for her to go over there.  The strange part?  The spaniards liked the fact that i was in the military, and doing something to better myself.  They were very open about their prejudice against uneducated/non-wordly people in general.  If you were black that didn't help matters.










You are good one because I wouldn't even keep a straight face, much less form a cohesive and lucid response to such delusions.  Hell I would be laughing about that exchange to this day.  Folks would probably have me committed for laughing that long.
Back to Top
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 20 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 29471
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 7:47pm
I recently found some apricot kernel oil and applied on my skin and oh my goodness, where has this oil been all of my life?  For so many years I have tried a variety of natural oils and they make my skin freak out for some reason.   But this apricot kernel oil is the business. I need to order some in bulk because I am using it in the coldest week ever and my skin has stopped flaking and peeling (yeah it is not a pretty sight).  In the mean time I am wondering if the sunflower seed oil would be just as effective.
Back to Top
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Feb 05 2011
Location: US
Status: Offline
Points: 13021
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:


You are good one because I wouldn't even keep a straight face, much less form a cohesive and lucid response to such delusions.  Hell I would be laughing about that exchange to this day.  Folks would probably have me committed for laughing that long.


yep.. especially these folks here wouldn't "get" why you or i would laugh.  Unfortunately, the local hispanics probably helped nurture her beliefs because of her light skin, and pale eyes.

It's pretty universal here, especially amongst mexicans who are light skinned - believe that they are automatically "spanish".. Because they have never traveled - they actually think that spaniards are all "light skinned" because of their European heritage..Confused

It's the same "parallel" of the light skinned blacks - "passing for white" mentality.  Some have not even learned or accepted the fact - that just because you're dark with a certain textured hair does not mean you're not mixed with any other culture..





Edited by femmemuscleisback - Dec 12 2013 at 7:13pm
Back to Top
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Feb 05 2011
Location: US
Status: Offline
Points: 13021
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

I recently found some apricot kernel oil and applied on my skin and oh my goodness, where has this oil been all of my life?  For so many years I have tried a variety of natural oils and they make my skin freak out for some reason.   But this apricot kernel oil is the business. I need to order some in bulk because I am using it in the coldest week ever and my skin has stopped flaking and peeling (yeah it is not a pretty sight).  In the mean time I am wondering if the sunflower seed oil would be just as effective.


now, i find this strange/fascinating.  I have a cabinet full of carrier oils as well as "nut" oils.  It never even occurred to me that "apricot" would have different "properties" than a "sesame" "castor nut" "jojoba" etc., they have different textures/colors, and i've always used them to smooth out my shea butters/moisturizers.

thanks for the info, it helped me to see "oils" in a different light.


Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12581259126012611262 1272>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down