BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

(Random) Everyday Thoughts!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12571258125912601261 1276>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 8:39pm
and i'm not a "black girl"..

i'm in my mid 50's for crying out loud!

Stern Smile
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 11:35pm
i'm hoping no one "goes on the band wagon" it's too expensive for this type.

i wondered to myself if getting an inversion table helps hair growth.  Whelp! some folks are using them for back pain and hair growth.

I tweeked my back last week, and bought one. It's not that easy to use in the beginning. Over time, i can invert from 45 - 90 degrees to a full "lock out" (180 degree) head stand with this table. (the same as hanging upside down by the ankles)..

since my back feels better? I still use it to relax by putting  in my ear buds (playing ambient music from Pandora), and hang at a about 110 degrees.  It's like being suspended in space for about 10 mins.

If my hair grows from this, that's a plus?  but just stretching out the spine at the end of a long day at work - or after working out is far more beneficial.

imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 1:15am
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

small town dumb-a*&*s  "things you don't say to black people" #1,051:

"You're so pretty - for a black girl"

okay, patient rolled into my room in her bed. She and her husband were staring.  when she said that.  The husband ducked his head as if he didn't hear.  I swear, they just don't make men the way they used to.

I looked at her and said: "What did you just say?"

and dumb as**s repeated it.

Then she resumed:  "I've only seen pretty black girls on t.v., i've never seen one up close.  You're very pretty with those pretty lips.  They're thick, but not too thick - they're just the right size.  You can wear all kinds of lipstick and look pretty."

I cut her off, and began explaining her exam.

And yes during the exam, her and husband stared until she went to sleep, and he nodded off.

I am so tired of people that say stupid sh&*&*t, to US - but the moment we let them have it?  They try to complain straight to the CEO.. "That black P.A., had a bad bedside manner."

Well, if you say something stupid? Yes, i have every right to abruptly end the conversation and just do my job.

Wow that's horrible! I'm happy you said something, we usually let them get away with saying such ignorant things to us.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by imfunsized imfunsized wrote:

Wow that's horrible! I'm happy you said something, we usually let them get away with saying such ignorant things to us.

Hey thanks, Miss Funsized.

working in several small towns, it's nothing new.  Unfortunately, most AA's in small towns are so ignorant themselves - they wouldn't know when or how to be offended when remarks like this are made. There's a strange "code of silence" that says: "No matter what other say to you - or about you, everyone has to get along - it IS  a small town."  Ouch  This leads me to believe that this is the reason that female said it without worrying about having repercussions.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 11:04pm
how in the fiddley f-u-c-k do people sleep until their alarm goes off? How is this possible?

I mean, seriously? I'll wake up usually 1 hr. before it goes off, and next thing you know.. anxiety.. use the bathroom.. come back and wait with my eyes closed.. then doze.. wake up every 15 mins., glare at the clock.. doze.. glare..

doze.. glare..

then ahhhhh sh*t..

here we go.... (*Heath Ledger joker voice)
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 8:10pm
i'm getting on the treadmill tonight, determined to finish watching the movie "Pacific Rim"..

At first i thought the title was a joke.. Sorry, but i'm an ex-sailor. We used to call very loose women 2 things:

1)  The Pacific Rim Job

2) The Porthole of the Pacific..

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 6:37pm
Maria Kang... Fitness Mom..

Man, her actions bring back a few memories.  specifically in the medical field.  One in particular.

I was working as an intern in a satellite clinic. We all worked on a "rotation" basis throughout the city.  The new physician i was working with that day, was a staunch nazi of obesity. (Though, to be honest, he could stand to lose about 10 -15 lbs., himself).  A woman walks in.  She's older, about 75 years of age, a little on the chubby side. i bring her in, do her vitals.  Go back out and discuss her case/lab tests, etc., with the physician.

He comes waltzing in, and upon seeing her, immediately is repulsed by her chubby arms, large middle, and ample behind. She's wearing our examination gowns, but i notice something strange the way it hangs at the knees.  I also observed while she followed me into the exam room, that she had a strange "gait"?..

the physician launches into his tirade of obesity in america, and how this woman could lose weight by just walking every day. She interrupted him and said: "Doc., i DO walk every day."  Then dr. looks at her and without blinking says - "Then start running. apparently, you're walking too slow".. and that's when i noticed her knee caps were "twitching??".. she was getting pissed..

She looked dead at the dr., then over in the corner. We both followed her gaze.  There were 2 prosthetic legs leaning against the wall. yeah.. you guessed it.. they were hers.  "I just came here for a follow up for my diabetes consult i had with the last physician"..

The new doctor's face was priceless.  I had to leave the room.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Dec 01 2013 at 6:49pm
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 9:37am
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

how in the fiddley f-u-c-k do people sleep until their alarm goes off? How is this possible?

I mean, seriously? I'll wake up usually 1 hr. before it goes off, and next thing you know.. anxiety.. use the bathroom.. come back and wait with my eyes closed.. then doze.. wake up every 15 mins., glare at the clock.. doze.. glare..

doze.. glare..

then ahhhhh sh*t..

here we go.... (*Heath Ledger joker voice)

I will do you one better.  Sometimes I can sleep through an alarm, albeit a phone alarm, when I am dead ass tired.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 10:44am
Man I am so happy that things are going my way finally. The past three years has been a learning experience to say the least and I had to make some big changes in everything.  I see the forums are still acting a fool.  Sigh. When will the owner get it together?
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 10:22pm
L.A is freezing tonight. Snow on the mountains. Might be Skiing for Christmas
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12571258125912601261 1276>