Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

(Random) Everyday Thoughts!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12441245124612471248 1272>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Fcgriffin Fcgriffin wrote:

MRIs are fun right?  I don't know how people do this and fall asleep on their own.   Can't do open MRI because my insurance doesn't cover it.  Shoved in a tube with your head locked in this cage thingy and told to lie very still for almost 2 hours with that loud azz banging and alarms/sirens going off.  Oh they need contrast too so they can see just how big this/that lesion got.  The contrast makes my skin itch which doesn't help when you are told to lie very still.  Yeah they learned that FCG must be dosed to the heavens to get successful MRI images so thanks Ativan! Can't even be in an elevator without freaking out.  I hate this sh!t.  Oooh and what's better is reporting for infusion therapy for three days straight and still going to work with a port in my arm because I can't afford to take time off for this.  Take out the line?  Nope can't do that since they blew my veins on the first day so we don't want to "chance it" again.  Guess who's been wearing sweaters to work everyday to avoid the questions..................in the Texas heat?  This gal!  So between the sleepless nights due to massive doses of steroids coupled with nonstop rage, the loss of sensation/numb/cold in both feet, hands and half my face, the stumbling around like I'm drunk, the loss of money due to treatment, the anxiety of absolutely everything I'm having a grand ole time!  

But what can you do aside from vent on a site with total strangers.  Sometimes it's just good to get out your feelings.  

i found it strange to be on the "other side" of the MRI's MissGriffin. (I did MRI in CA for a short stent/training/internship).  Itching of the skin is a mild allergic reaction to the contrast.  Hopefully they won't do this crap too often.  It's very annoying.

You won't ever see this when you're in that tiny gantry (aka the donut).. But most of the MRI techs aren't really watching you.  Just the monitor - occasionally - otherwise? they're doing crossword puzzles, reading novels/newspapers, yacking, etc., 

Many of the techs that i remember never had an MRI themselves.  But i bet when it's their turn?  they will freak out.

sounds like the MS isn't a bowl of cherries, and these visits exacerbate the situation.

this is the place to vent! 

Hug
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 5:20pm
i watched this movie many years ago, and thought it was so impressive.  a japanese horror movie called "Pulse"..

Now?  i watched it again.  The japanese are no more the "Masters of Horror" than anyone else.

They use low lighting in "haunted" scenes

They tend to really milk the crap out of "encounter" scenes.  When a ghost is advancing upon it's victims.

The females are over the top hysterical/useless/weepy - and yet they manage to make it to the end of the film. (How that happens is beyond me, i have would thrown them in the path of the ghost at the beginning of the damn film - saves time and effort).

they love to use "silohuettes" of a ghost passing across the camera first.

And yeah.. turn up the volume to make the audience jump.

Eerie music in dark places.

Useless dialog. 

For example: "You've seen all of those red doors covered in tape?"

"Yes"

"Don't go in there!
"

"okay"  then the dumbass sees a red door covered in tape - and walks in..

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Jul 21 2013 at 5:21pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 5:30pm
i look back on advertisements catered to black females.

It really is no different today. Hair growth potions/skin lightners/relaxers/hair straighteners/wigs.  Use these, and your life will change dramatically.

Nothing has changed in the last 50 years except this:  Hair extensions are the forefront of advertisement. Before? it wasn't talked about openly.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Jul 21 2013 at 5:31pm
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 6:06pm
FCG- hugs abd prayers to you! U r a warrior!   I understand your pain and frustration. I have a friend with Ms. My Momma has fibromyalgia. My Auntie and cousin have Lupus and my other Auntie has chronic arthritis and connective tissue d/o. So,I commend you for taking care of yourself, your family, and work! U go girl!

I wish peeps would believe me when I tell them that I give folk a chance based off of how we interact not anecdotal evidence. But, trust, when ya true facce is shown, I believe and treat you as such. I'm soo excellent with silence, especially when its of the others making and allows productivity to flow. Ahhhh, blessed silence!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 8:58am
clear folk..

they know they're fake - yet don't seem to care.

but i don't feel bad - because they are like that with each other.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 4:52pm
Triceps..

i hate doing triceps... Triceps and chest EVERY week..  if i could take a pill so that my triceps/chest would be muscular without working out?  i would..

but of course i can't.. so off to the gym i go.

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 2:37pm
Crap I need something that will give me energy to do a simple jog in the morning.  I don't know if it is the heat or age but I lack the pep to complete certain things.  Blech.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 10:10pm
whelp! off we go in the AM.  22 mile hike.  11 up and 11 down..

another hike at 13,000 feet elevation. starting at 7,000 ft above sea level..

when is my old as**& gonna learn..

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 10:12pm
just finished watching Woman in Black..

Granted the guy is small.. yes, he's short, and probably gay..

but Daniel Radcliffe is very handsome to watch..

The head shots, the profile..i think if he were 6'+ and muscular? he'd be the blue eyed version of Hugh Jackman...welcome, kind of..

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 10:17pm
We have a new transporter at our hospital.

Tall, tortoise shell glasses, shy, quiet, thin.. man i like tall shy guys with glasses. (Clark Kent types)..

This kid is getting pretty comfortable with us now.  Me and another transporter have this strange chemistry where we sing in the halls, speak spanish to each other, give each other the high five..

When this new transporter saw me leaving today, he yelled down the hall: "Hey See you later, Femme!"

It was the most precious thing to watch.  He kind of "caught himself" and turned red in the face.  Me and the other guy thought it was funny as hell and just laughed..LOL

he looked at us and laughed too..LOL

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System