BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

(Random) Everyday Thoughts!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12361237123812391240 1276>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Up&Out39 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Up&Out39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 12:52pm
Femme, ITA. I really dislike TP films. It is too stereotypical. I've tried to watch it but nope. ALL my non black friends love it. One time, one of my friends (she's hispanic) was quoting something of what medea said. She said it in such a stereotypical "angry black female" voice, all while rolling her head and doing the snap with her fingers. She thought it was hilarious. I was like, "what the hell are you talking about?" and she goes, "MADEA! Gurrrl, you haven't watched it?" I just sat there like Confused It makes me think that all non black people think that's how we act because of movies/tv shows like that.
Sponsored Links

bbthamd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbthamd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 5:38pm
I'm not sure how I ended up watching "Why Did I Get Married, Too" and I went to see "Temptation" because my roommate wanted to see it. The former was completely whack and the latter was so damn funny to laugh at. My roommates and I were giggling throughout the whole movie. So, yeah. Not here for TP and his coonery, as Femme so eloquently (and accurately) puts it. Why is this the best option for black actors who aren't getting the work they deserve?
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Up&Out39 Up&Out39 wrote:

Femme, ITA. I really dislike TP films. It is too stereotypical. I've tried to watch it but nope. ALL my non black friends love it. One time, one of my friends (she's hispanic) was quoting something of what medea said. She said it in such a stereotypical "angry black female" voice, all while rolling her head and doing the snap with her fingers. She thought it was hilarious. I was like, "what the hell are you talking about?" and she goes, "MADEA! Gurrrl, you haven't watched it?" I just sat there like Confused It makes me think that all non black people think that's how we act because of movies/tv shows like that.

yeah.. there was this little witchy looking hispanic transporter who tried to do the head rolling, eye rolling, finger snapping.. i had no idea WTF she was doing until she said: "Isn't that how you black people do that?"   hell, her accent was so deep, i couldn't understand a word she was saying, let alone what she was doing.

I find it strange that i fought in the civil rights movement to help banish that bull crap. Thanks to the generation of rappers, comedians, pimps, you tube, child stars, reality t.v., and Tyler Perry, we're back where we started.  Only this time, they try make it seem that "blaxploitation" is "good" thing"..Confused

Edited by femmemuscleisback - May 29 2013 at 11:50pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by bbthamd bbthamd wrote:

I'm not sure how I ended up watching "Why Did I Get Married, Too" and I went to see "Temptation" because my roommate wanted to see it. The former was completely whack and the latter was so damn funny to laugh at. My roommates and I were giggling throughout the whole movie. So, yeah. Not here for TP and his coonery, as Femme so eloquently (and accurately) puts it. Why is this the best option for black actors who aren't getting the work they deserve?

It's a lot easier to do, versus studying MacBeth Hamlet King Henry, a Midsummer Nights Dream or Othello.  Ouch

Lawrence Fishburne did a great Othello, by the way..

Thank goodness there are real black actors out there that work/study hard for their roles, i.e, Morgan Freeman, Will Smith, Denzel Washington, Morris Chestnut, Don Cheadle, etc.

I think Tyler Perry is using actors that just want to turn a fast buck and not work that hard.. 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 11:58pm
which is pretty embarrassing to say the least.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - May 29 2013 at 11:58pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 12:02am
I was shocked that Samuel L. Jackson has had so many roles.

Many of them were actually supposed to be of "white characters".. But because producers liked/worked well w/him, he acquired them.

Nick Fury of the Avengers was a blonde haired blue eye white guy in the comics.

George Lucas liked Samuel L. Jackson so much that he created the role of Master Windu in the Star Wars series.

Samuel Jackson broke the color lines in many areas of the world.  Even in Japan.. He was the voice (and producer) of Afro Samurai... a Japanese favorite anime.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 12:04am
I hope that these stars that i hold in great admiration, never sink down to the depths of Tyler Perry's Modern Day Minstrel shows..

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 1:22am
and  BET doesn't seem to help either.

They played their videos in the gym on the west coast? and white guys LOVE 'EM.. they watch the station more than WE do.

Thanks to the strippers that they use quite a bit in their rapper videos.

BET = Blacks Embarrassing Themselves.

darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 7:18am
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

and  BET doesn't seem to help either.

They played their videos in the gym on the west coast? and white guys LOVE 'EM.. they watch the station more than WE do.

Thanks to the strippers that they use quite a bit in their rapper videos.

BET = Blacks Embarrassing Themselves.

I HATE BET

I can't even tell you if there are any shows on there...
I think VH1 is the new BET
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

I HATE BET

I can't even tell you if there are any shows on there...
I think VH1 is the new BET

oh noShocked.. VH1 used to be my favorite video station. 

Now i think it's a lot of reality shows?

Edited by femmemuscleisback - May 30 2013 at 6:07pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style