Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

(Random) Everyday Thoughts!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12341235123612371238 1276>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 9:31am
Possibly secured my dream of going San Francisco but where am I'm going to get the extra p from I wonder? Praying for a miracle!!
Sponsored Links

femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 3:24pm
Why is it no one refers to me as an "old bird" "biddie" "old woman", etc.,?

I'm usually referred to as "that girl" "that chick" "tough girl" "young lady" etc., hell probably worse..Ouch

When i was walking into the gym last night, (late) a young man tried to get my attention by yelling: "hey!" 

i didn't stop, so he ran up to me and said: "Excuse me, young lady, but I've been watching you work out, you are one tough girl!"Smile

i thanked him.. he shook my hand but didn't know my arthritis had just flared up.LOL

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 3:33pm
another "female" incident..

i came into the locker room at our gym.  A woman had all of her sh&*&t spread out on a bench in front my and other people's locker.  I figured she shouldn't take long, so i wouldn't have to interact w/her? i washed my hands, waited a few mins.

this older - well she LOOKED older- witch just sat there hogging the bench.

I walked after a while, and said softly "shi&*&t"  the last thing i need after a work out is to deal w/these females at our gym.  So i said "Excuse me".. she looked up and barely moved over. 

Thus, i walked over sat down right beside her. used my narrow a**ss, nudged her over, and commenced to opening my combination lock. (i had no idea i was THAT strong in the hips. She slid quite a ways)...LOL

She was so surprised that she sat there for several seconds, w/her mouth agape.  then immediately began moving her crap, and sat down on another bench at a much greater distance from me. I had my Ipod the whole time.

yeah.. she was saying something while i removing my gear from my locker.. but when i stood up to leave? she shut up very quickly.. i didn't bother to acknowledge her, and just walked away.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - May 23 2013 at 3:36pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 3:46pm
my SO is sometimes afraid that  i will be kicked out of a gym whenever i stand up to guys, females, bullies - or when people are annoying.

A gym is a place where you work out.  That is it.  It's not a place of "power", "dating" "socializing" or "procreation" for me. i only have one agenda, and that is to work out.

Folks in small towns are probably the most insecure in gyms.  If you choose not to interact with them they take either 2 stances:

1) Observing, yet talking bitterly about you. (usually males/females who wish to interact but can't.)

2) Openly admiring yet respectfully leaving a person alone.

I find it even stranger that when a well built man comes into the gym and minds his own business - he is considered the "strong, quiet type"..

Yet when a well built woman walks into a gym and minds her own business - she's considered a bi&*&ch..

Edited by femmemuscleisback - May 23 2013 at 4:13pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 4:06pm
.... and at work..

a gay, fat guy is wheeled in for me to do an exam on him.  He is instantly condescending, and stand offish. 

In this small town, i am asked this one question the moment a person sees me - at least 10+ times a day.  My answer is the usual "I've been asked that so often i've forgotten" or "I usually don't answer that question because i have forgotten".. I, personally, do not wish to divulge that type of information to anyone.  It's none of their business where i'm from, how many pups are in my litter, etc.

People specifically from small towns don't even introduce themselves they just look at you (being black - yes, we are a rare sight here) and ask "where are you from?" "how many kids do you have?" "why are you here?" etc.  One question usually leads to another "stereotypical" question..Ouch

They are personal, and i really don't have to answer them.  folks realize that they are being pretty invasive, and feel kind of embarrassed and we laugh it off and keep it moving.

Whelp... w/o even asking my name he started in on the questions.. I gave my usual answer as i was prepping the room, and helping him get on the table..

and she/he got pissed and said: "Well, if you're going to be a b*&ch just SHUT UP AND DO MY EXAM."

For at least 1 millisecond, i was ready to throw him back in his wheelchair and roll him out into the traffic..Confused

I found it strange, that because we are in a "service position", that people can get away w/being absolute as&* wipes, and still feel justified.

the poor guy had a condition...so, i figured, okay..he's stressed, and scared.  so i did the exam, put him (all 250+ lbs of him) back in the wheel chair,  put back on his blankets, and talked to his nurses.

the nurse stated that he was a "gay barber" and was very stressed..

I don't care if you're the Barber of Seville.  If you expect folks to help you, don't piss them off before they do so.

that's like walking into the lab, and pissing off the lab tech BEFORE she takes your blood.

Strange things can happen to your healthcare along the way.

And they wonder why that nurse Charles Cullen (the angel of death) killed over 250+ patients?

Ouch

Edited by femmemuscleisback - May 23 2013 at 4:13pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 4:11pm
and yes, when i came into the gym last night, i repped out #185 on the bench press several times like it was nothing..

so there is a bright side to this madness..

shrew297 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrew297 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 11:10am
I think I'm one of the few people not on the Scandal bandwagon...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 9:10pm
Marco Antonia Solis is now one of my favorite songwriters/singers.. very impressive..

Enrique Iglesias never seemed to make his mark with the older music lovers.  Not like his father, Julio Iglesias.

Mark Anthony is also another singer/songwriter/actor that i've found impressive... even if he was dumped by Jennifer Lopez.. who "hasn't" she dumped??Confused

Edited by femmemuscleisback - May 25 2013 at 9:11pm
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 10:34pm
I do not like most of the Tyler perry movies/tv shows....

shrew297 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrew297 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 8:34am
^^ Nor do I. I tried watching the first Madea movie and had to turn it off after about 20 minutes. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12341235123612371238 1276>
  Share Topic