Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

(Random) Everyday Thoughts!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12081209121012111212 1276>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 9:45am
... and

he's......

w

h

i

t

e..

Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 8:39pm
Man bless your heart in reading "Atlas Shrugged" Femme.  I have tried so many times trying to read that sleeping pill of that tome but never made it past page one or was it two?  The only reason why I tried to read it was that the Ayn Rand org was offering a scholarship in that you write an essay on the "Atlas Shrugged" or that other book she wrote.  I think I have a cop(ies) of her book somewhere.  Once I finish this book I am currently reading, I might take a crack at it again.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 8:48pm
Ok classes has started and basically my impressions of my classes so far is that I feel like I am wasting my time.   I need to be placed out of these classes.  I bet you I can pass the class without buying the book or if I really wanna be balls out, not study a.k.a. my old lack of study habits.   I may need to speak to my advisor.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:38am
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Man bless your heart in reading "Atlas Shrugged" Femme.  I have tried so many times trying to read that sleeping pill of that tome but never made it past page one or was it two?  The only reason why I tried to read it was that the Ayn Rand org was offering a scholarship in that you write an essay on the "Atlas Shrugged" or that other book she wrote.  I think I have a cop(ies) of her book somewhere.  Once I finish this book I am currently reading, I might take a crack at it again.

I've been a fan of Ayn Rand for a while, until i read Atlas Shrugged and what she truly wanted the world to be.  Fountainhead was about individualism.  Being yourself regardless of success or failure.

when i saw her videotaped on 60 mins. it scared the crap out of me. Her eyes are pitch black. There are some people that have black, shiny, happy eyes?  Hers looked like two burnt holes in a blanket.  Very Russian, and cold..

Atlas Shrugged was the inspiration for Paul Ryan who ran for vice president.  To basically privatize the intelligentsia and leave the rest of the world to fend for themselves.  Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney wanted this book about objectivism, (rational self-interest) to be a reality.  This was why Mitt Romney mentioned the 47%. they were THAT close making sure the rich stayed rich - and the poor stayed poor.  The only ones to have to jobs to serve the rich would be exclusively chosen.  that's what Ayn Rand truly wanted.

She just used a lot of characters, and of course a woman to make her beliefs interesting/appealing.

According to her beliefs/and Mitt Romney's - the 47% are considered looters, parasites, second-handers, living off of the pioneers, the elite thinkers, idealists, etc.    Well, to be honest, one cannot live with out the other. 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:39am
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Ok classes has started and basically my impressions of my classes so far is that I feel like I am wasting my time.   I need to be placed out of these classes.  I bet you I can pass the class without buying the book or if I really wanna be balls out, not study a.k.a. my old lack of study habits.   I may need to speak to my advisor.

Nars, you're just too damn smart for your own good.

OuchSmile

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

okay.. this young ex-policeman has been trying to date me for months.  He finally gave up when he finally realized, i'm not attracted to him at all.  He's from New York which i found refreshing compared to the NM "duh" mentality.. other than that? meh..

He claims to have a bachelors degree?

doubt that.. he's an ex-cop and an ex-marine..

when i said something about being an Anglo in a hispanic population?  he asked "what's an anglo?"

Lol ouch...
Nothing wrong with ignorance if there is a willingness to learn.
But claiming to have a bachelor's degree and clearly demonstrating a lack of interest in vocabulary is quite unfortunate to say the least...

Did you explain to him what it means though or did you say "WHO are you?" with a tilted head followed by the walk of disgust?

Edited by Ritle - Jan 18 2013 at 8:26pm
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 8:19pm

... and

he's......

w

h

i

t

e..

Yea...Anglo was a strong hint regarding his decreased amount of melanin.   

Edited by Ritle - Jan 18 2013 at 8:22pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 8:31pm
i explained to him what an anglo was.  But in the back of  my mind, i was something kept repeating:

"You knew he was full of sh*&*&t from the beginning - now THERE's your proof!"

LOL
afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 9:58am
i need help, been natural a year now and after i moisturize my hair it feels nice and soft but when it drys it becomes hard as a rock. what i'm doing wrong? or i have moisturize at ongoing basis?
 i use, water, sulfur 8 braid spray, cantu leave in con, castor oil and  shea butter.
i'm thinking of trying aloe vera juice to combat this. any ideas?
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 10:01am
It is just too cold over here. Not liking it one bit. Not as bad as last year, but still. I won't mind the cold as much though if at least the snow/ice just goes.... ugh.

i explained to him what an anglo was.  But in the back of  my mind, i was something kept repeating:

"You knew he was full of sh*&*&t from the beginning - now THERE's your proof!"

LOL

I can imagine.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon