BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

(Random) Everyday Thoughts!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12041205120612071208 1276>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
eveies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eveies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 2:04pm
Its like I go though these cycles with my hair one day I love my curls and the next I'm missing my weave. Today is a missing my weave day. Maybe its the fact that all my friends have weave and it just reminds me of how beautiful I thought I was when I had all that hair, or maybe its that I have been trained to think that straight hair is prettier on black women. Either way I am going through it. The whole reason I decided that I wanted to go completely natural (never had a relaxer just stopped wearing weaves and adding heat) was because I wanted to be able to feel beautiful as god made me. but seeing everyone around me with this long flowing hair just messes with me. maybe i just need some natural friends, but its like every black girl on campus has a long flowing weave. 
Sponsored Links

femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 3:24pm
well, you can have the best of both worlds.

wigs are great.  i've always liked curls. wasn't a huge fan of straight hair during my hair journey.  Thus, i don my curly wig, and when i'm done with it at the end of the day?  i take it off and play with my poodle turd.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 3:43pm
i was in the gym last week, and noticed this huge AA woman who started working out there lately.  Can't help but notice her, there aren't too many of US in NM. Specifically, santa fe.

I felt kind of embarrassed for her.  Some unskilled beautician slapped weave on her head, and it basically looked ridiculous.  What's worse, i used to walk around with that straight hair thinking i was the sh&*t because i paid thousands of dollars for it.Confused

She's swinging her  waist length hair as if it had transformed her from common woman to a millionaire.  Little does she know that in a majority of Mexicans and whites? they KNOW it's not your hair. To her face, they say: "Wow! is that all your hair?"  They know it's not. Especially when they go with the weave check.

when you wear a natural style/wig, let's say kinky curly, short wigs, afros , etc.,they think twice before saying "That's not her hair.".  Wearing these are more of my natural hair texture/pattern - and keeps me out of their radar..

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 3:44pm
plus, it keeps their hands out of my hair.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 4:20pm
Wow!

i am a member of a social anxiety forum.  There are members that get themselves "banned" on purpose because they are addicted to the site once they've joined.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 4:22pm
okay, this is going to be a really big deal for me.  I am going to Target or the CVS pharmacy to buy "Unreal" candies.

I had a few bags in CA, and couldn't find them anywhere. According to the website, i can buy them at these aforementioned places.  But i hate shopping.  Especially at places like Walmart or Target.

These "unreal" candies.  are natural duplicates of name brand candy without the "junk".. they're also known as "Unjunked Candies"..
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

Hey thanks, Nars.  you're mom has my vote.  Maybe Pharmaceuticals will be a lot better environment for you.  I just worked with some pharm-techs, a few days ago?  many of them have "social anxiety", i didn't know this.  so for them to just deal with folks on the phone, or just ring up people's medicine - it's ideal for them.

I have "social anxiety" and there are days that if i didn't have that "professional personality"? i wouldn't make it in this field.

I thought it was kind of amusing that folks from the U.S., understood the story, whereas several UK people just didn't see us as having emotions, or that we get tired, or annoyed or that we are even human.  they just see us as some strange "thing" that has to attend to people's needs - 24/7..no question.. i'm sure every one from the UK doesn't think that way..Confused

Ehhh maybe but honestly I feel like I am wasting my time.  But upward and onward as nobody has said lol.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 6:40pm
Man feta cheese and avocado on wheat toast is like the greatest thing ever right now.
eveies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eveies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

well, you can have the best of both worlds.

wigs are great.  i've always liked curls. wasn't a huge fan of straight hair during my hair journey.  Thus, i don my curly wig, and when i'm done with it at the end of the day?  i take it off and play with my poodle turd.

For some reason I feel like if i get a wig or anything like that, just doing anything to my hair and not having it in its natural state is just wrong. Kinda like I have failed my self.  I have only been natural for 2 months and I feel like i made a commitment and it would be a sign of weakness.Or i letting myself down. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 3:05am
It never cease to amaze me on how many forums are dedicated to the topics of race, ethnicities, etc.  What is with the fascination of compartmentalizing people?  "Oh he is not considered Maghrebian[sic] because he lacks a curvature in his nose and has a more patrician nose" or some bullsheet of that nature.  I mean are you for real?  It's one thing to learn about your family history and have a sense of where you come from but to obsess about one's whiteness, one's African-ness, who is considered African or European and application of the one-drop rule.  I don't know. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12041205120612071208 1276>